Anyone else experience this? I'm monitoring using the app "Galaxy Charging Current".

So last night I plugged into my official samsung adapter that came with the phone and Charging Current showed 460.

Now I am sitting here at work and my phone is plugged into an old Motorola that has an output of 850mA and I'm getting 860 on Charging Current.

Interestingly, when I am unplugged also I get 460.

Last night I timed it and after charging on the official charger for 30 minutes the battery went from 9% to 11%.

A couple notes: My charger at home (the official samsung one) is plugged into an extension cord. I will try a direct outlet later on and also try a few other outlets.

I am rooted but with the stock ODEX TW, running nova launcher. I have applied a slew of flashes, including removing the eye widget, adding toggles, getting google wallet functioning, and more.
    06-05-2013 12:13 PM
    My phone is stock, unrooted.

When I run Galaxy Charging Current with the phone unplugged, it shows nothing for Max, and 460 for Now and Avg.

When I plugged my OEM charger into it and clicked Refresh, it showed nothing for Max, and 1900 for Now and Avg.

I unplugged and hit Refresh again and it went back to showing 460.

In your situation, I would be wondering if the ROM you're running has some setting that is limiting the max charging current. If it has any stuff that was copy-and-pasted from a different ROM, it could have picked up that other ROM's max charge rate values.

Just FYI, the stock OEM charger says right on it that it outputs 5V at 2A. So, for my GCC to show 1900 is right inline with that. Charging so quickly is one of the things I really like about this phone. Unfortunately, so far, it is really hard to find additional chargers that will supply 2A. Even Samsung's own website doesn't currently list any "travel charger" (i.e. what came with the phone) for the S4 that has 2A output. They do list one for the Note 2, but it is back ordered.
    06-05-2013 02:04 PM
    I don't trust the data that Galaxy Charging Current shows on the S4. I tried a couple of different chargers and the results didn't make sense. My phone is stock. I think that app needs work. I uninstalled it for now.
    06-05-2013 04:05 PM