Multiple Contacts Combined under 1 name

jorobs

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to the Galaxy s4 from the iPhone 4 so I got a bit of a learning curve to overcome here, hope you guys can help. I imported my contacts from the iphone to Google contacts and then down onto the Galaxy (I didn't want to do this but it seemed like the easiest way to move my contacts). Now 4 of my friends emails, phone numbers, etc are all showing up under one person's name. I'm not sure why this is happening. They are 4 people that I have frequently emailed at the same time but their contact info shows up separately on the Google contacts site and I don't even have them in a group. On the iphone that I imported contacts from they were all listed separately. Why is this happening and how do I fix? Also, my husband sent me a contact card for one of the friends to see if I could add the contact this way. I clicked on the card and clicked save to contacts. The phone says it saved the contact but its still not showing up as a separate entry.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Working with Android's Way for Contacts is always tricky but once you learned and understand it, you will see how good it can be and how flexible.

I won't tell you exactly how you should do it, because I simply don;t have time at work for it, and each situation requires you to understand what you have and what you want to do with it, so at least I will tell you that the way I always do it, is, I go to Contacts and go to settings and go to Contacts to Display option, once there I always select the Customized option, then I go to all the Contacts account and uncheck them, and just leave checked the Google Contacts, in there you select the options you want, once you do that, you will save it and go back to your Contacts and see how different they look now, now that you have your basic or in your case I understand, ALL your contacts, just look for duplicates, you shouldn't have any, unless you have them duplicated on Google. Once you clear that, simply begin (and this will take quite some time, but at least it's a one time thing) going one by one and in the "Connection" option it will allow you to Connect all the rest of your Contacts account with your Main one, sometimes it will find them automatically and other times you will need to use the "Join Another Contact" option and select all the possible connections of that contact.

The beauty of this is that once you finish doing this, you will have all that contact's information, Emails, Calls and Social Links in one place, you simply click the contact and from there you can do the rest.

Good luck.

jorobs

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks so much. Looking around this forum I also learned that I could "separate contacts" under the menu button which helped. But I am going to do what you said when I have some more time to play with the phone.