Samsung Galaxy S4: What Apps Should I Get?

rjnsmith

May 3, 2013
Visit site

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
My top apps are:

Tapatalk
DropBox
My Bank apps
Myfitnesspal and Fitness buddy
Songza (I love this app) Amazing app

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I think he was referring to the S4 (North American Edition) as stupid :).. Ether way i don't know why he's complaining we have LTE on our S4's
I prefer that then the Octa-core...

Stupid America?? And you won the S4 from here?? Good grief ...

keeba3302

May 19, 2013
Visit site
New to android after finally making the switch . I've had my S4 for a few weeks now. Is having an anti-virus app really necessary? I don't download any shady apps or anything is that really what they are used for?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
New to android after finally making the switch . I've had my S4 for a few weeks now. Is having an anti-virus app really necessary? I don't download any shady apps or anything is that really what they are used for?

Not necessary if you just use common sense. Some of them have antitheft features which can be nice.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
+1^ What FarishK said. The anti theft features provide peace of mind and they can also root out apps that aren't necessarily malicious but cause annoying adware or browser popups. Besides, the basic apps are free and don't tie up a lot of resources.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
My view of security is this: it is a multi-layered process. Do everything you can think of. Even top websites can have a zero hour exploit. So, you don't download shady apps. But on THIS day some person decided to attack THAT website and people downloaded bad stuff as a result that wasn't even the fault of the original programmer. It's the wild, wild west these days. Or you get redirected to some website because you clicked on a tiny url in Twitter and it turns out to be something pushing malware in the background. You should have something like Lookout or AVG, absolutely.

In addition to their malware prevention and URL examinations, they also provide great features for things like finding your phone when it's lost; wiping data remotely from their website if it is stolen. Two-step verification, for instance, in Gmail makes it really hard to hack--unless they steal your phone. Then, you're in trouble. But with these services, you can lock down the phone or even wipe it clean remotely.

Lookout even has the phone camera take a picture if someone mis-enters a security password three times, and emails it to me.

It's not that expensive even for the premium protection. You also shouldn't assume it is 100% foolproof. Nothing is. Continue to exercise caution.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Folks, if we're going to start making insults towards each other and start referring to regions/continents/countries and its population as stupid or any other degrading comments then we will just lock this thread up.

As far as discussion goes about downloading apps, stick to legit sites/stores and support your developers and all is well.

Thanks
Paul627g
Forums Moderator

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz