How do you preview text messages on lock screen with PIN password enabled? Would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.
    06-05-2013 03:39 PM
    You can't. You can only have message previews and lock-screen widgets with non-secure lock-screens. If you use a secure one, like PIN, you can't get access to the quick features because, well, you chose a secure lock-screen and having those previews and widget access there would be insecure. I know, most Apple users disagree, but I actually agree with Samsung on this one... if you want a secure lock-screen, then you have to enter the right credentials in order for you to use your phone, no matter if it's only a preview.
    06-05-2013 03:42 PM
    I don't think it is possible with the stock software. I am an iPhone convert, so I also missed that feature. I'm using a 3rd party lock screen called LockerPro. There is a lite version that is free. I'm currently using it without the service enabled, and it give me notifications for missed texts and calls, which are the most important ones for me. The last version had a bug where it would sometimes reset the display timeout setting. Don't yet know if that's been fixed in the latest version.
    06-05-2013 03:51 PM
    Check your message settings, I can see a preview of my text messages when my screen is locked and when you click on it while the screen is locked and then enter your pin it takes you directly to your message

Posted via Android Central App
    06-05-2013 03:57 PM