Was it worth the upgrade to the s4.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The fact that I still have after two weeks shows it was worth it.

*Last few upgrades that didn't work out and sold after a week or two. BlackBerry Z10, Apple iPhone 5, Samsung ATIV S

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Have not touched my Nexus 4 since getting my S4 except to run some of my own comparisons in side by side operations. The S4 is a superb device! Anyone want to be a used N4 in Mint condition? Not a real offer to sell but you get the idea! ;)

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

jfarinella

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
this upgrade was soooo worth it. I went from a Thunderbolt to a Rezound to this phone. After rooting and freezing some of the boatware i can go all day and still have 30% battery left on medium to heavy use. Best money I have ever spent on a phone. Just make sure to get the Samsung 64G microSD card. I got the SanDisk 64G and it is so buggy I couldn't keep it mounted in the phone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I like the S4, except for the locked bootloader (which will be cracked eventually) but still I wish the GN3 was out already and it will be months before it is. So I will just be happy with an S4 in the hand vs a GN3 in the bush.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
It was definitely worth it for me. Its a amazing phone, and its a big step up from my iPhone 4s:)

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV

CrzyP

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
For those that came from iPhone, what is it about the S4 that makes it worth it? I switched from an iPhone to the S4 and I'm rather disapointed with the S4. What am I doing wrong?

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
For those that came from iPhone, what is it about the S4 that makes it worth it? I switched from an iPhone to the S4 and I'm rather disapointed with the S4. What am I doing wrong?

For me its the screen and OS it self. I love the 5inch screen on this phone and to me the android OS is a better fit for me. I like to customize my phone a lot and it just works better for me:)

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV

anon(516601)

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It was for me. I can't believe how bad the S3 screen looks now when I look at it, especially videos with the blocking in dark scenes! Also the 2GB of Ram makes a huge difference.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It was for me. I can't believe how bad the S3 screen looks now when I look at it, especially videos with the blocking in dark scenes! Also the 2GB of Ram makes a huge difference.

In what sense? The redraw when coming back to an app? Did you have the 1gb i9300 international version?

anon(516601)

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Everything would get pushed out of RAM and have to 'cold start', whereas with my S4 everything opens instantly (with animations off) as my apps stay in memory. Especially for me as I don't use hardly any of the stock apps which means lots of running services for stuff like Tesla Unread, Big Caller ID and ExDialer Pro.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have a i9300 and the redraw (time and Internet traffic, because pages have to reload all the time) makes angry, especially now that I've tried the new Note 2 my wife just bought. I wonder if it's worth it to try some custom ROM...

anon(516601)

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my OG Note, there's lots of things that you can try before a stock ROM.
I used to use a lighter Launcher like Nova, disable any of the built in apps that I didn't need, turn animations off and restart every couple of days and things were pretty smooth after that as long as I didn't add too many apps that run in the background.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with my OG Note, there's lots of things that you can try before a stock ROM.
I used to use a lighter Launcher like Nova, disable any of the built in apps that I didn't need, turn animations off and restart every couple of days and things were pretty smooth after that as long as I didn't add too many apps that run in the background.

Thanks for the tips. I already have Nova. The home screen redraw is better but not the going back to the Facebook app or Internet browser. To remove bloatware I have to root it, right? The fact that this phone only has 1gb does this. For instance, I have as we speak only 130mbs of free ram. What background apps were you referring to?

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I already have Nova. The home screen redraw is better but not the going back to the Facebook app or Internet browser. To remove bloatware I have to root it, right? The fact that this phone only has 1gb does this. For instance, I have as we speak only 130mbs of free ram. What background apps were you referring to?

Woa!! 130,mb ram? What are you running!! I constantly have over a GB and my phone is full to the brim with apps pics fims etc...

Posted via Android Central App

anon(516601)

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Apps that say in the Running Services tab in Settings>Applications like AVG/Elixir et cetera, and some widgets.
You don't need to root to disable a lot of the bloatware, you just go to Settings >Applications >All and Disable them. (Sometimes you have to tap Uninstall Updates and then Disable.)