NEW Google Keyboard

iamchanel

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone downloaded it yet? What do you think of Google's own keyboard? Personally, I think it should have had more customization options.

My rating: Meh

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got it and my first impression is positive. It seems lighter weight than Swiftkey for some reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
by far my favorite keyboard. I loved it on my Nexus 4 and love it on my S4 and One. I seemed to get a lot of lag and stuttering with SwiftKey on the S4. Have not noticed any with the Google keyboard.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I like it better than Swiftkey because the buttone are bigger...SwiftKey was great but the buttons were too small, especially the Space Bar

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes I like it better than swift key.. Just need to no how to use emojis... That's only thing swift key was missing...

Posted via Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes I've done that...but how do I use them like is it a button I hit to bring up the emoji faces like kii keyboard???

Posted via Android Central App

It works off keywords. For instance, type "airplane" and it brings up a plane. On the Nexus keyboard there is a way to add a toggle for emoji but it doesn't look like this version of the keyboard has this.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I posted it on the S4 thread how impressed I am with it.

I'm going back and forth with both and I like Google's keys have more space to work with but I like Sense because the Symbols are easily accessible.

I'll spend a week with Google.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Since I have the Nexus 4 already, I can say that the keyboard is definitely the best I have ever used. The swiping alone makes the keyboard superior. ☺

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira