NEW Google Keyboard

highertechnology

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Using it now with the built in gesture. Seems pretty nice. Gesture takes some getting used to but it's pretty legit.

Sent from my GS4 using Tapatalk 4 beta.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I like the stock samsung keyboard because I only really use gesture typing (so auto correct wasnt a huge deal). I switched to Kii keyboard, as I was told it was a better/free version of swift key. It worked pretty well. But i just downloaded this Google keyboard. I love it on my Nexus 10, and its probably going to be my main keyboard for my S4. But in case i change my mind, I love how the option to switch keyboards is right in the pull-down notification panel. Quick and easy

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone downloaded it yet? What do you think of Google's own keyboard? Personally, I think it should have had more customization options.

My rating: Meh

I installed it as soon as I saw the article on engadget.com. So much cleaner that Samsung keyboard and probably that's why it is way more accurate (for me at least).
Also, I love the fact that you can add your own dictionary and there's an auto correction setting.
Another reason I love it is because it matches my Nexus 7.

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
What is the name of Google's own keyboard. I tried very hard finding it hut failed. Plz provide the accurate name.

Sent from my GSIII

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you just use Kii with ICS theme. Its free and has more settings. And just as responsive. Also has an edit function.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I tried out the Google keyboard and it works pretty well. I can see myself using this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
One thing I can't figure out is how to make the predictive words come up without selecting the word after I've swiped it already. Swiftkey already has the predicted next words ready after I've swiped a word

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree. The Google keyboard is smaller than swift key. That is why I'm shocked at how many people are remarking on the fact that they like the larger size of Google keyboard.

As I stated earlier. I love the Google keyboard (and I tried it) however the ICS theme on kii is far superior because:

1) you can swype from numbers and symbols down to get the secondary characters

2) if you long press the symbols button you can get emoji and edit keyboard.

3) for how I use it (don't care for premium features) it is also free

4) I can make trace line (when swyping) 50% thickness, as in my opinion the Google keyboard swype line is way too thick.

Give it a try and lemme know what you think!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

cessperience

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Oops.

Screenshot_2013-06-07-20-48-34_zps23a18b06.png

Posted via Android Central App

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Nice keyboard. I also like the fact that since it's free, it stays as the default keyboard on note 2 phones after a restart.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1