which SD Card?

Armifera Fatum

May 18, 2013
Visit site
So does it matter which SD Card we get in terms of SDXC or SDHC? Just making sure so I dont have to go through the hassle of returning :)

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the galaxy s4 can only use class 10. I'm pretty sure it's able to use lower class cards as well. However, I'm not sure about a class 4. Why not just spend an extra $5 and get this class 10 sandisk one? Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics

Reviews say that it's compatible with the gs4. I just got mine today but haven't tried it yet. Best buy will do a price match for you if youngo tothe storemand show them the link.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh oh......I got Kingston 16 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter SDC4/16GB. I got it for $10 on Amazon a week or so ago. It is already in my phone but I haven't actually used it. So what is going to happen?? Run slow?? Not work??

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh oh......I got Kingston 16 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter SDC4/16GB. I got it for $10 on Amazon a week or so ago. It is already in my phone but I haven't actually used it. So what is going to happen?? Run slow?? Not work??

I'm betting it will be slow to render music,save/display pics etc.

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Total protonic reversal. Remember...

Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Dr. Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

Actually, I believe it will run as that card is designed, which may not be as fast as a class 10 card. But I believe it will run...but please don't cross the streams. ;)

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm betting it will be slow to render music,save/display pics etc.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Total protonic reversal. Remember...

Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Dr. Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

Actually, I believe it will run as that card is designed, which may not be as fast as a class 10 card. But I believe it will run...but please don't cross the streams. ;)
.....eh.....thanks.....

dolts007

May 13, 2013
Visit site
What he said and get a class 10.

Im confused now as the website i usually buy my cards from are selling Sandisk 64gb Micro SDXC cards and alongside one of them has the little green android man. They state "Perfect for your Android?-powered smartphone and tablets.
Get faster app performance and advanced photo and video capture for Android? and other smartphones and tablets."

They are Class 10 cards and I was gonna buy one but you mentioned XC's are no go's so am hesitant. What devices are the XC cards used for if not for this??

Last edited:

Whalen144

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
A XC class 10 card is perfect for this phone....so much disinformation in this thread! XC refers to extended capacity, over 32 GB, all 64 GB cards will be XC class. This is what I have in my phone and it works perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon