Microsoft exchange mail app help

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I use Exchange every day. I simply use the default Exchange Active Sync app and have never had any problem syncing email, contacts, calendar and tasks. Just go the add accounts and select Exchange. I usually have to do a manual setup because it can't connect properly using the automatic setup. You do need the name of your mail server for Exchange. It's usually mail.xxxxxxxxx.com where xxxxxxxx = your company name. There have been times with the S4 when the email shows up on the phone before it shows up on my work desktop.

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
In the default mail app how do I get the email address from the exchange server also.?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Android Central Forums

Your email address should be the same as you use at work (exchange email address). You will also need to know the name of your domain and the user ID you use to log into your network. This goes in the box Domain\username. If you don't know these then you need to check with your network administrator. This allows the program to log into your network to access the exchange mailbox.

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
If your network admins have everything set up properly you should only have to put in your email address and password and it will automatically start syncing.

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
If your network admins have everything set up properly you should only have to put in your email address and password and it will automatically start syncing.
^^ True statement. Just check with your administrator if you're having trouble.
The stock exchange app actually works pretty nicely.
Your exchange server should be; mail."yourcompanyname".com
Also you'll probably have to check (SSL) Use secure connection.
-good luck

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Only problem is, a lot of enterprises/businesses are still running exchange 2003 which has issues with mobile devices. If that is the case for the OP, touchdown gets around that in most cases.

FreakSquadJK

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI, a plus to Touchdown is, if your company's Exchange policies mandate things you'd rather not have apply to the whole phone (e.g. remote wipe if you leave the company, full phone encryption, PIN lock), Touchdown isolates those things to just within the app rather than your whole phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI, a plus to Touchdown is, if your company's Exchange policies mandate things you'd rather not have apply to the whole phone (e.g. remote wipe if you leave the company, full phone encryption, PIN lock), Touchdown isolates those things to just within the app rather than your whole phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

This is huge, especially if you are using a personal service for work email. I have had coworkers lose family pictures that basement been updated yet because of an exchange wipe. Me, I just had to reconfigure Touchdown, not my whole device and I didn't lose any pictures.

Moxier Mail is also a good app.

Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae