Samsung unleashes Galaxy S 4 wireless charging kit in the US for $90

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Just saw this on Engadget.

Samsung unleashes Galaxy S 4 wireless charging kit in the US for $90
By Mariella Moon posted Jun 06 2013 at 09:36PM

Wireless charging sounds mighty convenient if you regularly deal with a jungle of wires, doesn't it? Samsung's wireless charging kit for the S 4 is one option now that it's available in the US. It uses the Qi wireless charging standard, so if you already have a Qi charger, all you'll need to do is grab the backplate for $39.99. Otherwise, you can also snag the charging pad for $49.99. Hit the source for more info if you're convinced this is what you've been waiting for your whole S 4-using life. The components don't seem to be in stock right now -- we couldn't add them to our cart -- but even if you get lucky, you might want to hold off on clicking that Buy Now button until you've seen its alternatives.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If you register your S4 on Samsung.com you will also get a 50% off coupon code which you can use for these accessories either single or together. I might pick up the back only since I have a charging pad already.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the black charging back tonight from Samsung.com using the 50% off coupon. Was $20 and $25 with tax and shipping. Not bad.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
would this work with an otter box on the phone? or does the charging pad and back plate have to be touching eachother to achieve a charge?

No, it will work through case although I am not certain it will through a Otterbox case. I have charged my Nexus 4 and Note 2 through a Seido Surface case and TPU cases.

The issue is this charging back makes the S4 a few mm's thicker and many existing cases will probably not fit. So we may be waiting on a new round of cases.

Last edited:

spyderrc10gt2

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
No, it will work through case although I am not certain it will through a Otterbox case. I have charged my Nexus 4 and Note 2 through a Seido Surface case and TPU cases.

The issue is this charging back makes the S4 a few mm's thicker and many exixting cases will probably not fit. So we may be waiting on a new round of cases.

ahh man, already made the mistake of buying 2 cases that i ended up not liking so i just bought this otterbox. not going to purchase a fourth case just to get wireless charging. wonder if any place like best buy would carry the wireless charging pad/back? that way i could easily return it if it doesn't work

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
ahh man, already made the mistake of buying 2 cases that i ended up not liking so i just bought this otterbox. not going to purchase a fourth case just to get wireless charging. wonder if any place like best buy would carry the wireless charging pad/back? that way i could easily return it if it doesn't work

It probably will eventually especially if they have a Samsung space in the store.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance