How to change dial pad back ground color and message app background color!!

Eddy Tople

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys! I want to introduce myself as very new member of the Android family :D. I've just switched from my Apple to this very awesome phone.

Let's start my question~!

8973938091_98065e0485_b.jpg

On the left is the GS4 from T- mobile manufactured in China. This one has white background.
On the right is the GS4 from Rogers manufactured in Korea. This one has black background.

Is there a way to change the background color. I'd prefer the white one more. Thanks in advanced :D

PS: the T-mobile indicates 4G LTE when the "mobile data" is on; on the other hand, the Rogers indicates only LTE. I also want to know what is the difference between those. Thanks

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys! I want to introduce myself as very new member of the Android family :D. I've just switched from my Apple to this very awesome phone.

Let's start my question~!

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5464/8973938091_98065e0485_b.jpg
On the left is the GS4 from T- mobile manufactured in China. This one has white background.
On the right is the GS4 from Rogers manufactured in Korea. This one has black background.

Is there a way to change the background color. I'd prefer the white one more. Thanks in advanced :D

PS: the T-mobile indicates 4G LTE when the "mobile data" is on; on the other hand, the Rogers indicates only LTE. I also want to know what is the difference between those. Thanks

Concerning the backgrounds, those are likely to be carrier-exclusive as cellular networks have different customizes UI versions of TouchWiz, though you can probably check within settings in the MMS app.

Also, 4G LTE and LTE are basically the same thing: it's just how the carrier decided for it to show up. If you want, I can get technical over how different the bands T-Mobile uses for their LTE network are from the network bands that Rogers uses for LTE.

Posted via Android Central App

Eddy Tople

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Concerning the backgrounds, those are likely to be carrier-exclusive as cellular networks have different customizes UI versions of TouchWiz, though you can probably check within settings in the MMS app.

Also, 4G LTE and LTE are basically the same thing: it's just how the carrier decided for it to show up. If you want, I can get technical over how different the bands T-Mobile uses for their LTE network are from the network bands that Rogers uses for LTE.

Could you show me how to check the MMS app setting. And also, is there anyway to cuztomize the UI of the touchwiz?

And about the 4G bands. Both phones from T-mobile and Rogers are unlocked and I use them with Bell Mobility in Ontario. So I'm not sure is it again the UI from specific company?

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I also use unlocked on bell in ontario and have the same question.. Would love to have it all white!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Android Central Forums

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
What's funny is that there are definitely people who have the white implementation and want the black, myself included.

dacbeth

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
In the message app , go to Settings, Background Style: choose the background color, mine shows a light blue, black, grey, yellow, sky blue with clouds, and also the ability, to choose an image or take a picture. One could take a white image and set it as background..

Eddy Tople

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
In the message app , go to Settings, Background Style: choose the background color, mine shows a light blue, black, grey, yellow, sky blue with clouds, and also the ability, to choose an image or take a picture. One could take a white image and set it as background..

Oh wow! I just know that feature :D. thanks so much. But what i mean is the whole message app thing and the dial app also. So if you backed the whole way to see all the conversation, it is still black as night!