Hey guys,

When I awoke this morning, it was to one of the craziest things I've yet encountered with technology. I finished an extremely long day of school and such, plugged my phone in, and fell asleep. When I woke up, the phone was EXTREMELY hot to the touch. It actually burned my hand, it must have been at least 60 celsius - I'm lucky it didn't start anything on fire or explode. Now it will not connect to the network (I imagine some important connections melted), so I will have to bring it in to be replaced.

I have left it plugged in overnight before, and never encountered the issue. The only change between tonight and the night previous is that I had installed Cerberus - but I doubt that has anything to do with it (but it means I did have to root my phone for it to have full functionality, so we'll see about warranty...)

Has anyone else encountered this??
    06-07-2013 08:39 AM
    It happened to my girl a few days ago. Really strange. This happened on my S3 a few times as well. On reddit someone posted a while back about their S4 literally melting just by charging it overnight.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-07-2013 08:50 AM
    As an update, it will now connect to the network - do you guys think it would be worth replacing?
    06-07-2013 08:51 AM
    Getting hot is not normal, so even if it now works, you SHOULD take it in for replacement. I leave mine charging overnight every day and the temperature is normal. Don't risk it, it might not have damaged tonight, but it might in any other night... Get it fixed/replaced.
    06-07-2013 09:30 AM
    Getting hot is not normal, so even if it now works, you SHOULD take it in for replacement. I leave mine charging overnight every day and the temperature is normal. Don't risk it, it might not have damaged tonight, but it might in any other night... Get it fixed/replaced.
    I have replaced it, thankfully it was still within the 2-week free replacement period (VZW). Hopefully no-one else encounters this problem.
    06-07-2013 10:57 AM
    Mine gets really hot while charging...though I haven't left it charging overnight. Also, if I use the phone at all while charging it is extremely hot. It is very hot while on a phone call too.....feels very hot on the ear. I have read many have this issue. SAMSUNG needs to fix this!!
    06-07-2013 12:16 PM
    Its kinda normal for it to get a little hot while charging especially while using it. But charging overnight shouldnt get it got the way you described. Glad you are safe and that you replaced it.

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300
    06-07-2013 05:01 PM
    Its kinda normal for it to get a little hot while charging especially while using it. But charging overnight shouldnt get it got the way you described. Glad you are safe and that you replaced it.

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300
    Very agreed. This is not the first time I've charged it overnight, I often have very long days and the only time I'm home to charge is at night. Generally, once it's at 100% it stops charging and is cool to the touch; but this morning was quite a rude awakening. But yeah, keep an eye on this one folks =)
    06-07-2013 11:07 PM