06-11-2013 04:35 PM
163 ... 23456 ...
tools
    R u saying 5mi is not bogus? I said this on another thread, but i'll say it again. HTC themselves reported this year's May revenue, and the revenue was ~3% lower than last year's May revenue. Correct me if i'm wrong, HTC had very bad 2012. So then, this year's revenue is actually worse than last year's revenue, how could they have sold 5 mi. If they had sold anywhere close to 5mi HTC ones, they should've had a banner month.
    Referring to the Samsung info. Some folks seem to be in denial to some degree.
    06-08-2013 08:45 PM
    You are confusing me. I'll try to make this simple as I can.
    S3 => 5mi per month. (2012)
    HTC (this includes inexpansive to flagship phones) => 2.7mi per month. (2012)

HTC revenue 2012 => 2.7mi per month.
    HTC revenue 2013 (~3%less) => less than 2.7mi per month => HTC one sales less and less than 2.7mi(HTC one 1.4 mi sold probably), because this figure includes more than at least 5 other models.

Even if HTC had a peak month last year, you are not going to see more than 100% increase from month to month. Even if this was possible, HTC one would need alot more than 100% increase because that 5mi figure includes many other models. HTC makes different models including HTC one, you know.
    06-08-2013 08:51 PM
    Even if HTC had a peak month last year, you are not going to see more than 100% increase from month to month. Even if this was possible, HTC one would need alot more than 100% increase because that 5mi figure includes many other models. HTC makes different models including HTC one, you know.
    I'm not saying I buy they sold 5 Million Ones in 1 month, I'm saying they could have sold 5 million phones in 2 months (April and May). The unnamed exec who said 5 million One's so far, presumably wasn't talking about only May sales, but it's hard to tell because there is no source and no concrete statement. I'm showing that 5 million devices sold during the time frame described is plausible, but all of this is only based on revenue numbers and last year sales numbers to compare. It could be wildly different, and they haven't said anything official.

However, looking at the month over month revenue numbers for this year so far, it's easy to believe that peak seasonality is more than 100% of weaker months, such as January (15.5 billion NT) and February (11.4 billion NT) and march (15.8 billion NT) where the May number is approximately 200% of the January and March numbers, is over 200% of the February amount and the Q1 average.
    06-08-2013 09:00 PM
    Yes. One has inside knowledge of sales. Another is guessing.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    They didn't, actually.

Refusing to confirm is a very different thing than denying that they're accurate. HTC is being very careful about managing expectations, for the reason Samsung is now experiencing.

Usual suspects, doing their usual thing.

S
    M
    H

I am disappoint. Again.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    06-08-2013 09:07 PM
    okay, this is going to be my last post. i got to go to study.
    Taipei times(from Taiwan, home of HTC) reported 0.6mi in April and 1.2mi in May of HTC one (total of 1.8mi in 2 months). This wasn't korea times or WSJ. This makes sense because of the revenue reported, and the fact that they had all kinds of trouble making HTC one in April.
    5mi figure for HTC one doesn't support HTC reported revenue or the problems they had with just about everything from manufacturing issues to personel issues.
    You can try to fit an elephant into a mouse hole, but it's not likely to pass through in my opinion.
    DrDoppio likes this.
    06-08-2013 09:13 PM
    Also moving on, we're clearly speaking 5 different languages between 4 people. See ya'll later, next thread please.
    chrscaley, DrDoppio and ffejjj like this.
    06-08-2013 09:21 PM
    Never understand these kinds of debates. The phone that "wins" is the one that works for you. As long as companies are profitable, it really doesn't matter if they sale more or less then a competitor. Honestly, do you worry about such things for other products? Do you insist that the hamburger you eat sales more then the next guy's hamburger?
    06-08-2013 10:38 PM
    Never understand these kinds of debates. The phone that "wins" is the one that works for you. As long as companies are profitable, it really doesn't matter if they sale more or less then a competitor. Honestly, do you worry about such things for other products? Do you insist that the hamburger you eat sales more then the next guy's hamburger?
    Completely agree here. Why does anyone besides the people that work for or own these companies or has stock in them care what their sales numbers are? I literally just watched a commercial from apple stating that "more people are still listening to their music on the iPhone than any other phone". Who cares. Htc isn't going anywhere anytime soon and neither is samsung so let it go.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    06-08-2013 10:45 PM
    R u saying 5mi is not bogus? I said this on another thread, but i'll say it again. HTC themselves reported this year's May revenue, and the revenue was ~3% lower than last year's May revenue. Correct me if i'm wrong, HTC had very bad 2012. So then, this year's revenue is actually worse than last year's revenue, how could they have sold 5 mi. If they had sold anywhere close to 5mi HTC ones, they should've had a banner month.
    Not necessarily. HTC also has fewer models now than they did last year, so they could still sell 5 million and make less money.

06-08-2013 10:47 PM
    I didn't know "pct" was a valid abbreviation for %.
    06-09-2013 02:21 AM
    S
    M
    H

I am disappoint. Again.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    I'm just offering my own opinion here but I think the reason so many people get focused on these sales numbers is because they're looking for some kind of validation that they chose the right phone because "everyone else did". Or perhaps there's some small measure of paranoia that if sales aren't overwhelmingly high then that means low future support for their phone. I think it's just a fear and insecurity thing. I've bought plenty of products from companies who's sales weren't spectacular that I was very satisfied and those companies are still here and doing fine.
    monsieurms and osubeavs728 like this.
    06-09-2013 07:09 AM
    Sometimes I think people forget how expensive these things are. A lot of people just bought the S3 recently. Not everyone can upgrade at $600 a pop every 12 months--nor finds it necessary to do so. For a lot of people, the S5 will be the next phone they get.
    06-09-2013 08:20 AM
    I'm glad you brought this issue up. thank you.
    Say there are two hamburger places right next to each other. The one on the left has few customers, and one on the right has many customers inside. Which one are you gonna go into? I don't know about you, but i'm going to the one on the right. Why? because people seek out good food. I saw some people bringing up Big Mac arguments on other sites(maybe here as well, i don't know), meaning the most burgers sold doesn't make it the best. My answer, Big Mac sells the most because it's one of the best burgers among cheap burgers. Likewise, samsung sells many cheap phones because it makes one of the best cheap phones. Samsung also makes one of the best steaks and sells many steaks, namely the S4.
    I know this is not right all the time. There have been cases where the best wasn't necessarily the most popular product. However, these are far and few in between. How do I know? Look around you. Computer, desk, pen you are using, weren't they the best products for the best price for you? People seek out the best products at the best prices. This is why people pay attention to what others are buying. Is it right all the time? no, but most of the time? Yes. It's not written in stone, but it's a good place start.
    06-09-2013 08:55 AM
    The issue with the S4 is it has a big tasty bun, but a small burger. Some like it that way and some do not. For people that live in Verizonland and other similar places, there are no other good burgers for burger fans to choose from. On top of that, we can not move due to our leases, or we like the unlimited toppings we get for our burgers. A lot of us do not want to lose the unlimited toppings. Simple answer is the one burger joint we have to offer a quarter pounder that most will be content with and a half pounder for the customers that want more burger. Buying two quarter pounders will not work, since wasting a lot of bun and more expensive.
    06-09-2013 09:40 AM
    The issue with the S4 is it has a big tasty bun, but a small hamburger. Some like it that way and some do not. For people that live in Verizonland and other similar places, there are no other good burgers for burger fans to choose from. On top of that, we can not move due to our leases, or we like the unlimited toppings we get for our burgers. A lot of us do not want to lose the unlimited toppings. Simple answer is the one burger joint we have to offer a quarter pounder that most will be content with and a half pounder for the customers that want more burger. Buying two quarter pounders will not work, since wasting a lot of bun and more expensive.
    Five guys sounds good for lunch, how bout you?
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    06-09-2013 09:43 AM
    Mmmmm. We have two of those where I live
    Farish likes this.
    06-09-2013 09:45 AM
    well sells were going to flatten out sooner or later. Almost everyone has a smartphone now and the ppl that upgrade the most are Apple's sheep, so Apple may continue to see growth with their phones. It doesn't help Samsung that all the other companies are releasing nice phones also that's not made of plastic.
    06-09-2013 01:45 PM
    The issue with the S4 is it has a big tasty bun, but a small burger. Some like it that way and some do not. For people that live in Verizonland and other similar places, there are no other good burgers for burger fans to choose from. On top of that, we can not move due to our leases, or we like the unlimited toppings we get for our burgers. A lot of us do not want to lose the unlimited toppings. Simple answer is the one burger joint we have to offer a quarter pounder that most will be content with and a half pounder for the customers that want more burger. Buying two quarter pounders will not work, since wasting a lot of bun and more expensive.
    The people living in T-Mobileland and Sprintland also get unlimited toppings...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    06-09-2013 02:44 PM

Yes they do, but the signal problems are killer, especially on T-mobile.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2013 02:47 PM

Have you ever seen anybody order too many toppings on a pizza or burger? It takes 5 times as longer to cook and still can be raw/cold on the inside.
    06-09-2013 02:48 PM
    I like the mom and pop hamburger joint where you know who's handling your meat and preparing it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-09-2013 03:07 PM
    That's a blessing and a curse. The reason s4 sales is down besides more competition from HTC this year is the fact that the s3 and note 2 was and or is so good some people didn't find the need to upgrade.

Sent from my Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2
    This imo.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    The Hustleman likes this.
    06-09-2013 03:14 PM
    This imo.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    I agree as well

06-09-2013 03:30 PM
    Yes they do, but the signal problems are killer, especially on T-mobile.

Not for everyone. I get 3-4 bars 90% of the time.

S4 Sales Lower Than Expected-1370811547931.jpg

06-09-2013 03:59 PM
    Definitely part of it. The S3 still rocks (except the recent crummy update). Factor in a ton of people have unlimited data, they are less inclined to blow big bucks and lose their unlimited for a discount.
    The Hustleman and monsieurms like this.
    06-09-2013 04:08 PM
163 ... 23456 ...