06-11-2013 04:35 PM
163 ... 4567
tools
    It certainly is slowing down:

"This trend has continued for more than half a century. Sources in 2005 expected it to continue until at least 2015 or 2020.[note 1][12] However, the 2010 update to the International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors has growth slowing at the end of 2013,[13] after which time transistor counts and densities are to double only every three years."
    Hence the part about nanotechnology. Some of the problem is die size issue It is getting harder to manufacturer smaller chips. Also Intel's 3D transistor design was an indirect push to maintain Moore's law. We were reaching power/heat limitations on the die as well which this design is helping with.

When AMD released their first 1ghz chip, it was so Hot, that people were demonstrating how they could fry an egg on it while their cpu was running. Now I would say it would be very hard to find a modern cpu that could pull the same feat with its current temperature loads.
    06-09-2013 10:13 PM
    ......... I want a half pound burger AND a 32gb S4 Oh, and Verizon to personally deliver them both and a Pepsi too I prefer diet.
    06-09-2013 10:35 PM
    How to I write that you are wrong without turning this into a dissertation. It is still in effect, if nanotechnology comes along within the next 6-7 years it will still be in effect.
    This is actually what I was referring to.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20300...ng-the-pc.html

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-10-2013 05:49 AM
    That is all fancy talk for diminished returns.
    06-10-2013 07:19 AM
    That's on the new plan, but the phone payment makes it 90
    Not necessarily. Cheaper phones make the plan less expensive. But with other carriers, you get the same overpriced rate (which happens to also always be over $100) no matter what the phone is.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    06-10-2013 07:50 AM
    So owning Galaxy S4 is not "cool" anymore because of this news? Looks like HTC is the new cool kid on the block.
    06-10-2013 09:52 AM
    Not necessarily. Cheaper phones make the plan less expensive. But with other carriers, you get the same overpriced rate (which happens to also always be over $100) no matter what the phone is.

True but with other carriers the total phone payment is paid with the subsidy on a cheap phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    06-10-2013 12:30 PM
    True but with other carriers the total phone payment is paid with the subsidy on a cheap phone

Even so, you still save a lot on T-Mobile. Let's compare using T-Mo's Classic subsidy plan.

T-Mobile: $90
    Sprint: $110
    AT&T: $150
    Verizon: $140

And with the latter two, you get less data.

06-10-2013 01:16 PM
    So owning Galaxy S4 is not "cool" anymore because of this news? Looks like HTC is the new cool kid on the block.
    Unless the S4 gets a 32gb model from Verizon and the One gains a sd slot, they are both goofy goobers to me
    06-10-2013 01:20 PM

But you're still paying more for less.
    06-10-2013 02:47 PM
    But Apple iPhone sales as a company am hasn't declined regardless of if it has in a number of companies.

Live Long and Prosper using Tapatalk II
    06-10-2013 04:05 PM
    lol No. As long as you're sporting an Android, you're good.
    06-10-2013 04:52 PM
    But you're still paying more for less.

Not quite, you're getting more with Verizon, more reliable network.

Fewer dropped calls.

Even so, you still save a lot on T-Mobile. Let's compare using T-Mo's Classic subsidy plan.

T-Mobile: $90
    Sprint: $110
    AT&T: $150
    Verizon: $140

And with the latter two, you get less data.

Oh believe me I LOVE the way the plan is set up! It's brilliant. All carriers should do it.

Only reason I'm still not happy with T-Mobile is because I'm tired of the constant dropped calls and cutting out of the network

06-10-2013 08:33 PM

Fewer dropped calls.

Oh believe me I LOVE the way the plan is set up! It's brilliant. All carriers should do it.

Only reason I'm still not happy with T-Mobile is because I'm tired of the constant dropped calls and cutting out of the network

You still seem to be under the impression that your experience is the same as everyone else's. T-Mobile has the same coverage and same reliability as Verizon where I'm at. Seriously, you need to stop painting with such a broad, inaccurate, brush.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    chrscaley likes this.
    06-10-2013 08:40 PM

Fewer dropped calls.

No dropped calls here. But I do live in downtown Kansas City and tmobile seems to have a strong network here. I'd say it all depends on where you live and work.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    06-10-2013 11:15 PM
    You still seem to be under the impression that your experience is the same as everyone else's. T-Mobile has the same coverage and same reliability as Verizon where I'm at. Seriously, you need to stop painting with such a broad, inaccurate, brush.

No it isn't the same for everyone but I will say that T-mobile is the smallest carrier for a reason.

Verizon may **** off a lot of their customers, yet no one leaves for T-mobile. That should say something.

If it works where you live, that's great.

Apparently I wanted it to work for me, but it didn't and more in stuck in a contract

06-11-2013 12:00 AM
    No it isn't the same for everyone but I will say that T-mobile is the smallest carrier for a reason.

Verizon may **** off a lot of their customers, yet no one leaves for T-mobile. That should say something.

If it works where you live, that's great.

Apparently I wanted it to work for me, but it didn't and more in stuck in a contract

They're smallest because they lack the deep pockets of Verizon and att, not because their network sucks. (Which is what you're implying) Give T-Mobile the marketing budget of Verizon and they'd be right up there.

return_0 and monsieurms like this.
    06-11-2013 12:06 AM
    T-Mobile seems to consistently be hailed as great service, where it exists. The issue is coverage IMO. There are noted issues in Chicago that seem to be congestion based, but while I know of lots of reasons to switch from Verizon to T-Mobile, I don't know of any to go the other way.
    06-11-2013 04:10 AM
    Chicago is just a tough market, for some reason. All four of the carriers struggle to keep up here. In the suburbs though, T-Mobile has less congestion issues than Verizon.

Aquila likes this.
    06-11-2013 04:18 AM
    Chicago is just a tough market, for some reason. All four of the carriers struggle to keep up here. In the suburbs though, T-Mobile has less congestion issues than Verizon.

The other thing to keep in mind, is that a lot of people say "service issues in Chicago" and they're talking about places all the way from Waukeegan to Tinley Park to Aurora. It's a massive area with an enormous amount of people, varying coverage throughout. It's like saying, "service sucks in LA"... okay, where in LA? That's a 500 sq mile city (or set of cities).

Verizon coverage is amazing where I am and T-Mobile doesn't exist as their own entity, but they have a subsidiary service partern. I have unlimited data and it's STILL a hard call as to whether to keep Verizon (30-50 mbps consistently, amazing coverage, much more expensive, doesn't get the phones I want (may change with the moto x, who knows)) or this iWireless entity (much cheaper, 5-10 mbps, gets any GSM phone you want). I'm not one who does things because they're cheaper, so we're really talking about selection and service as the tradeoff and Verizon is making it hard not to consider it.
    chrscaley likes this.
    06-11-2013 04:26 AM
    They're smallest because they lack the deep pockets of Verizon and att, not because their network sucks. (Which is what you're implying) Give T-Mobile the marketing budget of Verizon and they'd be right up there.

T-Mobile seems to consistently be hailed as great service, where it exists. The issue is coverage IMO. There are noted issues in Chicago that seem to be congestion based, but while I know of lots of reasons to switch from Verizon to T-Mobile, I don't know of any to go the other way.
    I would switch to T-Mobile if they had better coverage. I figure in about 2 years T-Mobile and maybe even Sprint should be comparable to ATT and Verizon in that regards. Verizon had the foresight to invest heavily in LTE first instead of going into HSPA + etc and pushing that. Although I had enjoy great speeds on ATT 3G network and was quite happy with that. Verizon 3g data speed is borderline at best.
    06-11-2013 04:46 AM
    It's like saying, "service sucks in LA"... okay, where in LA? That's a 500 sq mile city (or set of cities).
    Obviously this is beside your point, but I'd like to add that T-Mobile coverage is great all over LA.

Aquila likes this.
    06-11-2013 07:52 AM

In Streamwood Danville Rockford and Maywood I have excellent LTE.

Sent from my Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2013 08:05 AM

Oh come on now!

T-Mobile commercials are all over tv!

I just just as many (maybe more) ads for them as I do Verizon!

Give T-mobile the NETWORK of Verizon and they'd be right there, in fact I think Verizon would start to die off if T-mobile had their network quality and footprint.

Why pay 100 when you can pay 90 for the same level of service?

In Atlanta though, they DO suck. I get food service in some parts but not at home and work and a few other spots.

06-11-2013 08:37 AM
    Oh come on now!

T-Mobile commercials are all over tv!

I just just as many (maybe more) ads for them as I do Verizon!

Give T-mobile the NETWORK of Verizon and they'd be right there, in fact I think Verizon would start to die off if T-mobile had their network quality and footprint.

Why pay 100 when you can pay 90 for the same level of service?

In Atlanta though, they DO suck. I get food service in some parts but not at home and work and a few other spots.

Verizon isn't $100. It's $140.

06-11-2013 08:39 AM
163 ... 4567