10-19-2016 10:29 AM
56 123
tools
    Just deleted everything on that list aside from Pandora and so far so good. I'm going to keep checking every so often and see if it stays over a few hours before I start loading any of those apps again.
    06-16-2013 06:35 PM
    Few hours later and still no issues. It had to be an app conflict. I'm going to start adding each app back one at a time. I'll keep this thread updated.
    06-16-2013 11:50 PM
    Even though I think I'm talking to myself now, looks like the culprit was Kohl's! I downloaded that one and it immediately came back. None of the others made anything happen. If you're having this issue, try deleting that one and see if it helps.
    pmcardle and nixter1128 like this.
    06-17-2013 12:34 AM
    Even though I think I'm talking to myself now, looks like the culprit was Kohl's! I downloaded that one and it immediately came back. None of the others made anything happen. If you're having this issue, try deleting that one and see if it helps.
    Kohl's official store app?

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-19-2013 05:38 AM
    Kohl's official store app?

Yeah, as weird as that sounds. I deleted every app that the two of us had in common. The issue went away. So I began to put all the apps back one by one and checked to see if the issue popped up. As soon as I downloaded Kohl's app, the issue popped up. As soon as I deleted it, it went away and hasn't been back since. Strange.
    06-19-2013 09:09 AM
    Yeah, as weird as that sounds. I deleted every app that the two of us had in common. The issue went away. So I began to put all the apps back one by one and checked to see if the issue popped up. As soon as I downloaded Kohl's app, the issue popped up. As soon as I deleted it, it went away and hasn't been back since. Strange.
    If you really like the app, you should contact the company and let them know the app is buggy.

06-19-2013 12:57 PM
    If you really like the app, you should contact the company and let them know the app is buggy.

It's not a huge deal. I only had it on there because my wife likes to shop there. I may still contact them, though.
    06-19-2013 01:36 PM
    It's not a huge deal. I only had it on there because my wife likes to shop there. I may still contact them, though.
    Glad you found it. I have the same issue unfortunately I don't have the Kohl's app. Both the "internet" and chrome have the "clear defaults" option greyed out. I want to use the "internet" browser by default and not chrome
    08-12-2013 07:19 AM
    Did u ever figure this out? Me too. Super annoying. Have tge same issue. Greyed out etc
    08-20-2013 08:06 PM
    Found it guys is the kohl's app! Only one I had the same. Removed it and it functions perfectly!
    08-24-2013 07:05 PM
    I had to create a login just to thank you for this. I've been trying to figure this out for months and months. I've searched all over the web and couldn't find it. You just made my life a lot better.
    10-04-2013 09:56 PM
    I had to create a login just to thank you for this. I've been trying to figure this out for months and months. I've searched all over the web and couldn't find it. You just made my life a lot better.
    You're welcome! I'm glad I helped at least one person. It took myself and one other guy who was having the same issue to figure out the app. We ran through a ton of apps just to see which one caused it and sure enough it was Kohl's. Couldn't believe it. I only downloaded it for my wife and it caused about a week of issues for me. I thought I was going to hate my phone because of it. I tried factory resets and everything. So I'm definitely glad I helped you out.
    dm3ready likes this.
    10-05-2013 12:22 AM
    THANK YOU! omg, i was ready to throw my phone out the window. i also came from a DNA, and love the galaxy s4, but that one stupid issue was making me hate my life. fixed! stupid kohls app. you are so awesome, i really am so grateful. FIXED! whew.
    10-07-2013 08:32 PM
    Sure enough! I thought I had the whole Chrome default thing whipped, then it started happening again. I just uninstalled the Kohl's app. So far, so good. Fingers crossed! Thanks for figuring this out!
    11-06-2013 09:29 AM
    Great thing you solved it. I may be stuck with the same problem, but I do not have Kohl's app installed. So it must be some other app. Well... let's go find it...
    11-20-2013 01:25 AM
    Thank you a million! I just left iPhone for an s4, this was a deal breaker for me. I had spent hours trying to fix it! Thank you again!
    01-02-2014 11:34 AM
    Removed my Kohls app, restarted and it works!!! Thank God for your posts!! It was ddriving me crazy! ♡
    01-04-2014 03:21 AM
    Holy crap thank you all! That was driving me batty. Uninstalled Kohl's app and things worked as they should.
    01-04-2014 07:16 PM
    Same thing is happening to me but I don't have a Kohl's app. Any other thoughts?
    01-05-2014 07:31 PM
    I don't believe it! I've been having this issue for an eternity and had entirely given up on ever solving it! Just uninstalled my Kohl's app and it actually seems to be working now. I can't thank you enough for your detective work!!!
    01-12-2014 12:42 AM
    You're welcome! I'm glad I helped at least one person. It took myself and one other guy who was having the same issue to figure out the app. We ran through a ton of apps just to see which one caused it and sure enough it was Kohl's. Couldn't believe it. I only downloaded it for my wife and it caused about a week of issues for me. I thought I was going to hate my phone because of it. I tried factory resets and everything. So I'm definitely glad I helped you out.
    01-12-2014 06:44 PM
    My GS4 (Sprint/Credo) has a universal problem with defaults not sticking. Are you having problems with other apps?
    01-16-2014 09:33 PM
    THANK YOU for figuring out it was Kohl's!! This has been bugging me for days and I couldn't wrap my head around why my default browser wasn't working. Turns out the Kohl's app did it for me as well - I won't be installing that again!
    01-28-2014 10:17 AM
    Wow!! This was a huge headache for me as well. Contacting Kohl's immediately!
    03-04-2014 01:12 PM
    You have no idea how much I appreciate you figuring this out! I was going crazy!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't believe it was the Kohl's app. When you said it, I thought, "I have that app!!!" I am feeling much less stressed now.
    03-13-2014 11:04 AM
56 123