Anyone have any idea what this is?? What is it auto backing up?

06-08-2013 05:36 PM
    Google backs up application list, passwords, settings
    06-08-2013 05:41 PM
    Google backs up application list, passwords, settings
    My friend has the ATT version and he doesn't have that option... Why doesn't he have it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!
    06-08-2013 09:14 PM
    My friend has the ATT version and he doesn't have that option... Why doesn't he have it?

I don't have it either on the VZW GS4.

Sent from my VZW GS4 via the Android Central Forums app
    06-08-2013 09:30 PM
    That is a worthy question. Could could say you are more fortunate.

06-08-2013 09:36 PM
    That is a worthy question. Could could say you are more fortunate.
    Well if I only know what it did lol
    06-08-2013 09:47 PM
    This is service related to Gallery and Google Plus, and there is a chance, you are not running latest version of G+ yet, hence you are not seeing it in your list. Once upgraded, the service might appear in the Google Sync list.

Watch out for it. It will back up your entire Gallery, all videos and photos to G+ private photo album. No one will be able to see it, and you can only share it, if you manually select the content and opt for that.
    I learned the hard way. Got S4, did all the upgrades, 12 hours later, my 3GB monthly data plan was finished. And I got text that due to over-bursting, the telco will throttle it down to 80's dial up speed, of faster-than-sound 20kpbs....

Upon investigating, I found out, 40 videos and few hundred photos has been uploaded through Auto-Backup Sync. Naturally, I killed that off for good, right after spending an hour, deleting all the albums created on G+

Cheers
    07-11-2013 10:28 AM
    Anyone have any idea what this is?? What is it auto backing up?

http://i43.tinypic.com/4qmons.png
    It is auto backing up your gallery data like your photos and videos.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-11-2013 10:44 AM
    This is service related to Gallery and Google Plus, and there is a chance, you are not running latest version of G+ yet, hence you are not seeing it in your list. Once upgraded, the service might appear in the Google Sync list.

Watch out for it. It will back up your entire Gallery, all videos and photos to G+ private photo album. No one will be able to see it, and you can only share it, if you manually select the content and opt for that.
    I learned the hard way. Got S4, did all the upgrades, 12 hours later, my 3GB monthly data plan was finished. And I got text that due to over-bursting, the telco will throttle it down to 80's dial up speed, of faster-than-sound 20kpbs....

Upon investigating, I found out, 40 videos and few hundred photos has been uploaded through Auto-Backup Sync. Naturally, I killed that off for good, right after spending an hour, deleting all the albums created on G+

Cheers
    I would recommend disabling auto sync with anything. Only sync when you need to.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-11-2013 10:45 AM