Hi

Having only yesterday switched from my trusty Galaxy S to an S4, there is a mountain of info i am trying to absorb and am searching these forums for the answers.

However, i cant seem to find answers to these two points and wondered if anyone could help out

1. When i switch from camera to video, the video starts recording straight away which is irritating. Is there any way I can disable that until i am ready to start recording or is it just a case of quickly hitting pause until im ready?

2. Secondly my trusty Galaxy S had a neat feature which was a video lock button (not sure of correct terminology) whereby you could start recording and press the on/off button which would lock the screen so you didnt accidentally hit the stop recording button. This was a neat feature when using outside when you couldnt see the screen so well - learnt my lesson the hard way when was filming my grandad's 100th birthday and didnt realise my thumb had hit the stop button so nothing was recorded of his milestone birthday

I tried the on/off button on the S4 and it just turns off. Have they done away with the lock screen facility when videoing now??

thanks in advance for any help

am off to search the forum for other useful snippets !!
    06-09-2013 04:56 AM
    could you be hitting the start button by mistake? my camera has a slider for both cameras and the start button
    06-09-2013 09:23 AM
    thanks for reply. that was what i was expecting to see but all i have on the bottom of the screen is a circle that says Mode, the camera button and then to the right of that a video button. I've seen on other phones a slider but this isnt showing on my phone
    06-09-2013 11:16 AM