SD Card Help!!!!

chuck w1

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello I just recently upgraded from a droid X to the Galaxy S4. I have installed all computer drivers so that I can connect to the internet using PDAnet. It works and the computer recognizes the phone but only as a media device with no content. I know for my droid X the SD card would be recognized however on the S4 it is not. I have a 16GB SD card in the phone but the computer is not recognizing it. Any ideas how to get it to show up? Please and thank you

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
i would trouble shoot card. put in a pc and move a file to it and then open the file on the sd. if so the cards good.. there is a setting for storage sd card does it show the total space? does it show mounted?
can you use my files app to see the files on card and access them?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Particularly that last...does the phone recognize the card? If you bring up File Manager on the phone, does it see the Card? Can you pull up music files on the card and play them with the music player?

If not--maybe the card is (a) defective (b) unformatted or (c) not properly installed.

If it is not a problem with the card itself, I'm unsure what to do. When I attach my phone with card to the computer, it just pops up, gives a choice of opening device, and shows me both the phone and the card as icons to select.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz