As many of you may know (from my previous posts) i'm currently waiting to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S4 from the iPhone. I got into a quick conversation with someone yesterday about Android and how i'm looking forward to switching so i can customise my SGS4, however i was told that JellyBean and the Samsung Galaxy S4 is not very customisable without "Jailbreaking" the device and or removing Touchwix. Is this true? because i'm new to Android (never owned or used Android before) i'm not sure what some of this stuff is (total newbie i know).
    06-09-2013 09:28 AM
    As many of you may know (from my previous posts) i'm currently waiting to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S4 from the iPhone. I got into a quick conversation with someone yesterday about Android and how i'm looking forward to switching so i can customise my SGS4, however i was told that JellyBean and the Samsung Galaxy S4 is not very customisable without "Jailbreaking" the device and or removing Touchwix. Is this true? because i'm new to Android (never owned or used Android before) i'm not sure what some of this stuff is (total newbie i know).
    No that is not true.
    I don't root or jailbreak anything. Android allows you to do this out of the box. All you need to do is download a launcher onto your phone and you can customize it all you want without touching anything with the operating system. Touchwiz does not have to removed.
    20blks likes this.
    06-09-2013 09:42 AM
    The person you were talking to is an *****. Or you were asking the wrong questions. Probably the ***** part though.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-09-2013 09:45 AM
    No that is not true.
    I don't root or jailbreak anything. Android allows you to do this out of the box. All you need to do is download a launcher onto your phone and you can customize it all you want without touching anything with the operating system. Touchwiz does not have to removed.
    Thank you for clearing that up, i'm not very fond of "jailbreaking" or anything like that, incase i do anything wrong and kill the phone or something. I have been looking on the Google Playstore and seen a few Live wallpapers that look interesting, i love the idea of being able to customise my phone, something i've wanted Apple to put in there phones for the past few years.
    06-09-2013 09:48 AM
    The person you were talking to is an *****. Or you were asking the wrong questions. Probably the ***** part though.

Posted via Android Central App
    It was just a general chat, i mentioned that i've seen good things about the S4 and that i'm switching over (from my iPhone), to which i was then told about that and "Android lags and lags, IOS is better, wait for the 5S and stick with Apple"
    06-09-2013 10:02 AM