iPhone converts

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: IPhone converts

Ok, so you own the S4? Can I just ask a couple of questions. I'm planning got getting the S4 so speaking to someone who has one would be helpful.

1. Does it lag much?
2. Do you find that you use the features (airview, smart scroll e.g) in everyday life?
3. What is battery life like? Is it better than the iPhone battery?

If you look throughout the posts on lag I am really confused because I have not seen this and I was a pretty big defender of the S4 and I just do not even bother to reply anymore, again it could be user induced. In full disclosure, I did get the 32GB model on May 13 and applied the update the 2nd day) And I use an iphone 5 every day and have use them side by side and the S4 continues to impress. I did adjust the animations and transitions to 0 but I have done that since the S3 (4 devices ago).

I do not use the air or smart features. I do use screen capture under palm motion and the air gesture quick glance and they both work flawlessly. Never have used that other stuff on my Notes or S3.

The battery life on my S4 is better than my S3, Nexus 4 and about the same as my Iphone 5 maybe a tad better. It easily gets me through 12 hours on moderate usage. This is with S4 and iphone 5 on LTE.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I think both platforms have their pros and cons. I currently use an iPhone, but I really do like Android, and had Android phones previously. I am actually the one that shows people I know the cool things they can do with Android, because most are unaware of the platform?s potential use.

I don?t have much time to fiddle and customise these days as used to have in the past. Time is of essence usually for me, so I need something to just work, and I tried (after having been with WebOS and Android) and liked the iPhone in that respect.

I know that many like other to choose and defend one platform. I can?t. I love tech, I love iOS and Android. I listen to iMore and Android Central, I have a lot of Apple stuff so using and iPhone with it all is an easy affair. But I will always think Android is cool, in someways better in terms of versatility than iOS. I am thinking about getting an Android tablet to tickle my Android need. Just don?t know which to get.

My advice is: If money is no object the Note 8.0 if money is a concern Nexus 7 or full 10 inch versions if you prefer.

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dave, my S4 hasn't crashed yet, my S3 never crashed, but my Vivid crashed, and my old BlackBerry crashed a lot.

Posted via Android Central App

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Ok, so you own the S4? Can I just ask a couple of questions. I'm planning got getting the S4 so speaking to someone who has one would be helpful.

1. Does it lag much?
2. Do you find that you use the features (airview, smart scroll e.g) in everyday life?
3. What is battery life like? Is it better than the iPhone battery?

As a person who just switched let me answer also.

1. I had lag then an update fixed most of that lag. The lag was not in apps or web browsing, but in transitions from home screen to another screen.
2. I got the phone because of the air features and I only use 3 of them. First is mute the phone when it is turned over. Answering phone calls with hand wave and automatic contact dialing when I lift the phone to my face.
3. Battery life is better than my iPhone 5, but I am not a heavy screen user for games or video. If i am using Tom Tom it is going to be plugged into a charger at that time.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I think both platforms have their pros and cons. I currently use an iPhone, but I really do like Android, and had Android phones previously. I am actually the one that shows people I know the cool things they can do with Android, because most are unaware of the platform?s potential use.

I don?t have much time to fiddle and customise these days as used to have in the past. Time is of essence usually for me, so I need something to just work, and I tried (after having been with WebOS and Android) and liked the iPhone in that respect.

I know that many like other to choose and defend one platform. I can?t. I love tech, I love iOS and Android. I listen to iMore and Android Central, I have a lot of Apple stuff so using and iPhone with it all is an easy affair. But I will always think Android is cool, in someways better in terms of versatility than iOS. I am thinking about getting an Android tablet to tickle my Android need. Just don?t know which to get.

I wish more people would think like this. Android, nor apple, nor samsung, nor HTC or any other phone maker is paying us to represent their device.
I Love iOS and now that I have had two different android devices, I love it too. And, I am one of those that think Blackberry's new Z10 and new OS BB made is pretty slick.
Hell, I wish Blackberry and Windows phone 8 had ALL the apps that iOS and android have. I would LOVE be be able to grab ANY phone I think is cool looking and be able to enjoy it without having to give up the apps I use daily.

I wish people could stop being fanboys and start being tech lovers that don't have some obsession to put down another device to make their choice feel better for them.

Bad part is, WWDC is tomorrow, and it doesn't matter what Apple does, most of the fanboys will just talk about how "fail" apple is...
Hell I work for Apple and Still wanted to try an android device Just because I bought an S4 doesn't make me hate iOS/Apple. in the end. ALL 4 OS' kick arse in their own way. (apple/android/BB/WP8)
Maybe someday soon we will add two or 3 more more. Tizen, Jolla phone and (can't remember the "name") its like ubuntu? or something?

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site

I wish people could stop being fanboys and start being tech lovers that don't have some obsession to put down another device to make their choice feel better for them.

Bad part is, WWDC is tomorrow, and it doesn't matter what Apple does, most of the fanboys will just talk about how "fail" apple is...
Hell I work for Apple and Still wanted to try an android device Just because I bought an S4 doesn't make me hate iOS/Apple. in the end. ALL 4 OS' kick arse in their own way. (apple/android/BB/WP8)
Maybe someday soon we will add two or 3 more more. Tizen, Jolla phone and (can't remember the "name") its like ubuntu? or something?

As an iOS user who recently migrated to Android and will migrate back if tempted to next year, I find your rational, reasoned post refreshing. Better put on some Kevlar, though. :D

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I am also an iOS convert. I had every iPhone since the 3GS. I still think that Apple makes an amazing, beautiful product, but because it's something I interact with on a daily basis it had become very stale and boring. So far I am really loving my HTC ONE, which to me is very Apple like in its build quality. Frankly it's almost like having a jailbroken 4.7" iPhone!

I am very much looking forward to the WWDC tomorrow to see how Apple plans to play catch-up. There are now rumors of an 4.8" iPhone to be released next year, if that's the case I could see bouncing back then.

dave25A

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I am very much looking forward to the WWDC tomorrow to see how Apple plans to play catch-up. There are now rumors of an 4.8" iPhone to be released next year, if that's the case I could see bouncing back then.

Me too, personally today (UK time) if Apple dont do something that wows, I will be jumping over to the Samsung Galaxy S4. Apple need that 'one more thing' IOS 7 will be the major one, I don't think there will be any new iPhones announced/launched today.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Me too, personally today (UK time) if Apple dont do something that wows, I will be jumping over to the Samsung Galaxy S4. Apple need that 'one more thing' IOS 7 will be the major one, I don't think there will be any new iPhones announced/launched today.

Correct. No new phones announced today, just software.

toujours_frais

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S4 has been a nightmare. Advice to Apple users thinking of switching to the Galaxy S4, don't! Just wait for the Nexus 5, get the most out of Android.

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I went from the iPhone to S3 and now S4.. not even a though of going back to iOS unless some serious changes happen. I don't know why it was a nightmare for you. For me it was Amazing and recommend it to anyone looking to do/get more out of there phones.

Galaxy S4 has been a nightmare. Advice to Apple users thinking of switching to the Galaxy S4, don't! Just wait for the Nexus 5, get the most out of Android.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I too have just converted from an iPhone to an Android. I joke about hating iOS and all that but I can't really hate it too much, it is what I learned on after all. It's a really great OS if you want to just open it up, set up the phone and get running with it without having to configure a million things. Me, I like the configuring every little nuance to my liking.

In the end, smartphones mostly do the same things. Play games, send email, surf the web and make calls. There seems little sense being a stalwart fanboy of one and bashing the other.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Having had a 4S for two years and and the first generation iPad, I can guarantee you that iOS devices are not immune to crashes, lag, and other issues. I went through two iPhones due to issues ranging from rapid battery drain to random freezes. My original Motorola Droid had fewer problems. I will say that iOS is a lot easier to pick-up and use but if you take the time to really learn Android, you'll be amazed by how much you can do with it.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I love technology and am always looking for the best OS. Right now the top mobile OS are iOS and Android, both OS have came a long way. But it has not always been that way I use to strongly disklike Apple products because of the restrictions Apple had on their phones/iPods. I've always loved the openness of Android.

What I have seen is, due to Android success, Apple has loosened it's strangle and is much more open. Still not at the level of Android but to the extent that there is a lot of freedom on the device. I'm finding of late that I do enjoy iOS products mainly the iPad. I find the screens on the iPod and iPhone to be too small for my linking.

I am hoping to see more of BB. I don't really care for the Z10 it's to much in it's infancy and is missing some of the features I really liked in older BB phones.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have converted from a iPhone 4s to a s4 a few days ago and for me its been great so far. I had previous experience with android with my Asus transformer so it has been a easy transition for me.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T