New S4 stuttering when playing games

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering if someone can help... What can possibly cause the stuttering when playing games like hill climb or even ski safari. Sometimes it's really bad.

Wondering if th esnapdragon battery guru could be causing this or is something wrong with my phone? Any way to test?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering if someone can help... What can possibly cause the stuttering when playing games like hill climb or even ski safari. Sometimes it's really bad.

Wondering if th esnapdragon battery guru could be causing this or is something wrong with my phone? Any way to test?

No issues here. Maybe a hard reset?

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
These games don't stutter at all on my s3. Strange... O.O

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300
Is there a way to test if anything wrong with my phone ? I don't have lag in other things just when playing the two games (only 2 games I have).

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah mine was like that it was real bad with real racing 3 I boxed it up and am using my one for my daily driver no problems playing games on this

sent from the smartphone of 2013 HTC ONE...

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you exchange the phone because thats not normal. My s3 handles the games easily.

haillyl

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you're not on the power saving mode, it 'll slow down the CPU in order to save battery.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you exchange the phone because thats not normal. My s3 handles the games easily.

I just wanted to know if there was a way to test if there is something wrong with my cpu before going to change.

Like I said I don't see lags when doing other things. Only those games.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah mine was like that it was real bad with real racing 3 I boxed it up and am using my one for my daily driver no problems playing games on this

If the S4 is lagging, then the One would definitely lag.
Stop the jokes. Your signature and previous posts don't help either.

Was wondering if someone can help... What can possibly cause the stuttering when playing games like hill climb or even ski safari. Sometimes it's really bad.*

Wondering if th esnapdragon battery guru could be causing this or is something wrong with my phone? * Any way to test?*

As for me, I downloaded Hill Climb Racing and it ran smoothly.
Have you tried a hard reset?

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

No I have not done a reset.

Sorry for my ignorance. How do I reset?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
No I have not done a reset.

Sorry for my ignorance. How do I reset?

Power down the phone by holding the power button.
Take out the battery, wait a bit.
Put the battery back in, and press the power button to turn on the phone.

Hopefully that helps. Good luck!

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Power down the phone by holding the power button.
Take out the battery, wait a bit.
Put the battery back in, and press the power button to turn on the phone.

Hopefully that helps. Good luck!

If there a difference powering down just taking the battery out and restarting from powering down first and then taking battery out and restarting?

Reason I ask is I have spare batteries I use and several times a week I replace the batteries when needed....

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If there a difference powering down just taking the battery out and restarting from powering down first and then taking battery out and restarting?

Reason I ask is I have spare batteries I use and several times a week I replace the batteries when needed....

I'm not entirely sure... I just know that it is called a soft reset.
A hard reset is when you do a factory wipe, according to some websites that I just google'd.

It might be the snapdragon battery guru you say you have. Maybe disable it when playing games?

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site

There's no joke my one has not ever lagged trust me I'm praying updates fix it but my one runs better period just because I prefer my one I still like the s4 I'm just dissapointet I own both do you

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
@
There's no joke my one has not ever lagged trust me I'm praying updates fix it but my one runs better period just because I prefer my one I still like the s4 I'm just dissapointet I own both do you

So are saying that s4 can't handle this game? I don't believe that. I don't know much but I'm confident this phone can handle this game.

What I needed help was if there was a setting I'm over looking maybe that might be causing this or if there was a way to see if something truly was wrong before going through the trouble of exchanging and stuff...

Last edited:

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
@

So are saying that s4 can't handle this game? I don't believe that. I don't know much but I'm confident this phone can handle this game.

What I needed help was if there was a setting I'm over looking maybe that might be causing this or if there was a way to see if something truly was wrong before going through the trouble of exchanging and stuff...

No I'm sorry I never tried that game I'm saying mine can't handle real racing3 but that's all I can speak on I want it to be able to maybe cause I'm on tmobile it's running different I'm not that smart all I know is my s4 lags and stutters on that game sorry I couldn't give a better answer and yes spec wise you'd think it can handle anything but I'm afraid Samsung needs to fix something

dacians4

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi dunamis! Have you find a solution to this problem? My S4 mini is stuttering also when I play games. I test it with: Subway surfer and Jungle run and in both of them my S4 mini is randomly stuttering. I don't know what to do. Should I return the phone or is a common culprit of the s 4 mini's?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2