WWDC 2013?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
It takes a lot of inspiration from Android, not so sure about Windows but that is great. One thing use iOS wish we had was more functionality like Android. Now we can have it without having to jump ship. I have a lot invested in iOS, but I was considering jumping, but I think I am all set for while. I will still get an Android tablet later on this year..

So far I have learned to live without iPhone integration with my line of Apple Products. I want to download IOS7 but right now Apple's developer site is slammed. I can always switch back to my iPhone 5 if it is compelling enough. I also have another line up for upgrade in October which I can borrow from if the iPhone 5s is compelling enough.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
pnIJPJj.png

I hate the aesthetics, it's too "bubbly". It has the same flat design of Holo which I heavily favorite but the icons don't look anywhere near as chic, they instead look cartoonish. Not to mention that Safari icon bothers the living hell out of me, looks like they didn't finish designing it. I feel like TouchWiz is upset a challenger out cartooned it.

I dunno, I just think iOS 6 looked more mature. This is a downgrade imo as far as looks. Didn't really see the features so I can't comment on that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
http://i.imgur.com/pnIJPJj.png

I hate the aesthetics, it's too "bubbly". It has the same flat design of Holo which I heavily favorite but the icons don't look anywhere near as chic, they instead look cartoonish. Not to mention that Safari icon bothers the living hell out of me, looks like they didn't finish designing it. I feel like TouchWiz is upset a challenger out cartooned it.

I dunno, I just think iOS 6 looked more mature. This is a downgrade imo as far as looks. Didn't really see the features so I can't comment on that.

The thing with iOS6's looks though is that it hasn't really changed from the original iPhone OS. Would the implication there be that iOS "looked" mature from the start?

Last edited:

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does the new ios 7 look very similar to an android or windows.. I love android but I'm really surprised apple has chosen to look more like an android and windows phone operating g system

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

I see a bit of jailbroken iPhone 5 in the new iOS.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does the new ios 7 look very similar to an android or windows.. I love android but I'm really surprised apple has chosen to look more like an android and windows phone operating g system

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

I see a mashup of iOS layered with WP8 and Android Holo.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I do believe it looks better, but it seems like that's really all that changed. They did incorporate some features from Android like being able to access multiple sources of information from the lock screen. And their version of Android beam. It looks very much like Androids in some areas. I would even argue that it doesn't look as good as Android which seems weird to state.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The thing with iOS6's looks though is that it hasn't really changed from the original iPhone OS. Would the implication there be that iOS "looked" mature from the start?

More mature than what was shown today skeuomorphism and all, yes. Which says more about iOS 7 than previous iterations.

vdroide

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I do believe it looks better, but it seems like that's really all that changed. They did incorporate some features from Android like being able to access multiple sources of information from the lock screen. And their version of Android beam. It looks very much like Androids in some areas. I would even argue that it doesn't look as good as Android which seems weird to state.

Multitasking cards swiping up to delete is a major improvement. The quick access controls, the notifications menu, stock app use, I thought they did a lot, though heavily inspired by others... What else would you have liked to see, I personally don't like some of the icons.. But I am liking forward to updating my phone...

Live Long and Prosper using Tapatalk II

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think iOS 7 looks pretty cool. If they would for the love of all things just make the iPhone screen bigger. Can't wait to try it on iphones, ipads and ipod touches. Luckily all of our gear is upgradable to 7.

I was more interested in Mac OS. I liked that new 13 inch macbook air. Maybe once they start shipping with os mavericks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I am really excited about the new hardware such as the haswell MacBook Air and the MacPro. Totally impressed with OSX Mavericks! iOS7 however... was meh. Refresh of aesthetics in the UI with a few more built in apps such as iRadio and AirDrop. Also finally able to toggle bluetooth, wifi, etc settings from a pull down menu but Android already had that... Not really the upgrade we were waiting for since there is still no updated keyboard and widget support!

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Multitasking cards swiping up to delete is a major improvement. The quick access controls, the notifications menu, stock app use, I thought they did a lot, though heavily inspired by others... What else would you have liked to see, I personally don't like some of the icons.. But I am liking forward to updating my phone...

Live Long and Prosper using Tapatalk II

Well, that's just it. Android has always come out with something that I would have never even thought of. IOS 7 seems to mostly be what we have already experienced on other platforms. I'm not knocking iOS. I'm still a big fan, but I was expecting something that no one has introduced yet. Like Siri.

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, that's just it. Android has always come out with something that I would have never even thought of. IOS 7 seems to mostly be what we have already experienced on other platforms. I'm not knocking iOS. I'm still a big fan, but I was expecting something that no one has introduced yet. Like Siri.

I disagree with you, iOS7 is the real deal, lots of new things that we have been waiting on, I can't wait to install it on my iPhone!

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the new look, and FINALLY people will be able to access important toggles quickly. There still isn't enough customization options and we're still stuck with a small screen.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I disagree with you, iOS7 is the real deal, lots of new things that we have been waiting on, I can't wait to install it on my iPhone!

Why wait though? All these features you've been anxiously awaiting have been used by millions of people all around you. If I wanted a feature that I could only get through rooting, i'd root so that I could get it. If I REALLY wanted a feature that Android didn't have, i'd leave Android for someone who did have it. What do we get in return for giving these companies all our money when they aren't giving us what we need/want? You have the power to go get what you want and need with your own hard earned money.

I understand if someone just likes 5 or 6 specific things about Apple that no one else offers (I imagine you are this way). And when that's the case, it makes more sense why you'd anxiously wait for new (old) features. But I am too big of a fan of innovation and features. If someone is always a year behind, there's not a chance I would continue tossing my money at them. That's why I love Android. These "revolutionary features" are old news by the time my iPhone friends even hear about them.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I will say this though, I REALLY like the new look of iOS 7. I think they did a great job of making it look a little more like Android. They still have a ways to go, but kudos to them for taking a few strides in the right direction. It just sucks for them that they've now gotten a little closer to Android 4.2, when 4.3 is right around the corner. It seems like Android just seems to be 2 or 3 steps in front every single year for the last 3 years.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I like the new look, and FINALLY people will be able to access important toggles quickly. There still isn't enough customization options and we're still stuck with a small screen.

An advantage of open source. It was not google that developed the pull down toggles it was an OEM. I had it on my captivate. Not sure if Samsung was first but they evenually worked their way to pure android. An example of how the OEM skins are user friendly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Last edited:

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I will say this though, I REALLY like the new look of iOS 7. I think they did a great job of making it look a little more like Android. They still have a ways to go, but kudos to them for taking a few strides in the right direction. It just sucks for them that they've now gotten a little closer to Android 4.2, when 4.3 is right around the corner. It seems like Android just seems to be 2 or 3 steps in front every single year for the last 3 years.

I am just so surprised that they are making iOS look more like android, but touting that they are being so innovative. Obviously for apple this is innovative to their own iOS since its been the same design pretty much for 6 years, but android and other platforms have had this for much longer. It kind of irks me that they take from all the platforms and everyone praises them for innovating lol.. Being an iPhone convert of only a few weeks to my galaxy s4, I can finally see why people argued so much about apple not innovating and just "stealing" or borrowing in a way, as I used to be that person saying apple was number one in leading the way. Most of the features have been available on android for so long which I have now discovered. But of course iOS 7 is gorgeous and I am very excited to use it on my iPad, and have give kudos to apple for finally making a beautiful design

Jfazyankees13

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Only way Apple's getting me to switch back is by releasing an iPhone with a 4.5+ inch screen. I switched because of the small display and a very stale iOS. They've partially corrected one, but I don't expect a big enough display in the near future.