WWDC 2013?

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm holding out for their new 7" ipad that is coming out later this year with the retina screen.

Sent from my SCH-I545

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely interested. One of the reason I just got an S4 was because of Apple's stale OS they've had since the beginning. I hope I don't have any regrets.

Yeah it looks worth checking out don't think I'd give up my one but still like to play with it there's a developer on my local craigslist Lehigh valley pa,selling a sealed 64gb running ios7 for 750 I'm surprised that's all

sent from the smartphone of 2013 HTC ONE...

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd always try out a new platform because im not one of those that is a strict fan of any one particular thing but a fan of the "Best" ..The only way for me to try out an Iphone is if they give me at least a 4.8 inch screen.

anon(5421739)

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I think iOS 7 is worth a try, but I probably won't be making it my daily driver. At least Apple made it avaliable for the iPad 2, so I can delay buying a new iPad until the new ones appear.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dave25A

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
So when are you getting your s4?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I plan on getting my S4 in the next few months, I'm holding out for the different colour options that Samsung announced a couple of weeks ago if they are available over hear in the UK. Also hoping the price might of dropped a little by then.

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Why wait though? All these features you've been anxiously awaiting have been used by millions of people all around you. If I wanted a feature that I could only get through rooting, i'd root so that I could get it. If I REALLY wanted a feature that Android didn't have, i'd leave Android for someone who did have it. What do we get in return for giving these companies all our money when they aren't giving us what we need/want? You have the power to go get what you want and need with your own hard earned money.

I understand if someone just likes 5 or 6 specific things about Apple that no one else offers (I imagine you are this way). And when that's the case, it makes more sense why you'd anxiously wait for new (old) features. But I am too big of a fan of innovation and features. If someone is always a year behind, there's not a chance I would continue tossing my money at them. That's why I love Android. These "revolutionary features" are old news by the time my iPhone friends even hear about them.

So, you are asking me why I don't use Android instead? Well, I used it for 3 years before I ever used or owned an iPhone but I did not like it! I hated the fragmentation, I hated having to WAIT for an update sometimes for up to a year!!!! Customization is very overrated, in fact, it is the most overrated feature in mobile computing. When I used Android I was always working on making the device better, everyday! Rooting, installing new ROMs, it consumed my life! The device became a burden instead of being what it is, a utility we use to better our lives, the iPhone works out of the box, no if's or but's.

The integration was also one of the biggest reasons I switched. Being able to integrate your phone, tablet, computer, laptop and TV without 3rd party applications was high! I can see my content from anywhere on any of my devices, my notifications, apps, data, etc.

Another reason is because I really dislike what Google is about VS Apple. Apple makes products like most vendors we use, they make quality products and sells it to people, making their money by selling quality products. That is why Apple cares about the user experience. Google on the other hand does not give crap about your user experience, you can be using a flagship phone or a ****ty crappy phone, they STILL MAKE THEIR MONEY BY SELLING OR USING YOUR DATA! They don't care if their OS is being used on a crappy hardware where the user experience is horrible!

To each their own, but there is a reason Apple fans like Apple, and believe me, some of us really know what we are doing.

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not talking about the keynote, I'm talking about the consumer-facing information. The stuff that normal people will actually see. (Normal people don't watch keynotes)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah but earlier when you said Apple doesn't claim innovation, that was in response to everyone else talking about the keynote AND what hits the public. I am impressed with that backpedal, but just admit that Apple does claim innovation even when it isn't innovation. It doesn't matter so much what they mask to their consumers, THEY think they're being innovative and they DO pass that sentiment onto the consumer whether they shout that exact phrase or not.

ncvikingx97

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Lol why are you trolling an android forum? Regardless of what he said to you , you don't have to retaliate by repeating the immaturity. For one ( you said this because you are raging), Google obviously cares about the use experience, or they wouldn't have refined jellybean to the point where it is. Second, you act like manufacturers using android on lower quality/priced devices is a bad thing. If not for using this idea, android would not have nearly as much market share. By the way, apple dues the same thing yearly by keeping their older phones to sell to people on a budget, effectively doing the same thing. Apple is good , I used to own an iPhone and seek use an iPad some, but you can't ignore the pros of both.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I hated having to WAIT for an update sometimes for up to a year!!!! .

I don't mind that you like Apple. Like you said, to each their own. I'm sure you have your reasons. But my question is......how is it that you're okay waiting for 1, 2, or 3 years even for features from Apple, but waiting a year for an update from Android is suddenly a dealbreaker?

I just often see that the reasons we hate one thing, are often worse on the platform we are forever dedicated to. If I HATED Android because I had to wait a year for an update, I would DESPISE Apple for making me wait 2 or 3 years for new features. It's no different, and if anything it makes Apple worse on that note.

I can understand the fragmentation. I also get irritated by that. Integration I think is a thing of the past. It used to be that Apple was way better than anyone else with that, but if you buy quality universal products you will have a good experience. There are solid apps to sync my iTunes music with my Android device. Google has made massive strides in integration. And quite honestly, they deserve credit for doing as good as they've done with the fragmentation you've spoken of.

Ultimately it comes down to desire for freedom and choice vs. being tied to one device and relying on a CEO and Board of Directors to make your choices for you. Up until the iPhone 4, I would say they did a great job of that. But recently I don't think they really care so much about the user as you think they do. If they did, they'd spend more time implementing features instead of consistently being a year behind.

Android definitely requires you to do your research before buying a device. With Apple, you know you'll get their very best without having to pick between different devices. I can see that as being a pretty big plus. But if you've done your research with Android, the phone will "just work" every bit as good out of the box as any iPhone. The only hard part about Android is educating yourself BEFORE you buy. But if you've done that due dilligence, you'll have a great experience just like any iPhone fan/user.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol why are you trolling an android forum? Regardless of what he said to you , you don't have to retaliate by repeating the immaturity. For one ( you said this because you are raging), Google obviously cares about the use experience, or they wouldn't have refined jellybean to the point where it is. Second, you act like manufacturers using android on lower quality/priced devices is a bad thing. If not for using this idea, android would not have nearly as much market share. By the way, apple dues the same thing yearly by keeping their older phones to sell to people on a budget, effectively doing the same thing. Apple is good , I used to own an iPhone and seek use an iPad some, but you can't ignore the pros of both.

Neither of us are being immature, we're talking about phones. That's what this forum is about. Why would you call us immature? Then you go on and do what you told him not to do by "retaliating". We're keeping the discussion friendly.

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

I am not trolling, I visit all mobile sites because I love technology, and I had used Android before. I never insulted you or anyone as a person, I am stating my opinion, I apologize if that offended you. As far as your question, when I said crappy devices I was not speaking of the legacy devices, like the original Galaxy for example. I was literally talking about crappy devices, I know lots of people who use entry level Android devices and believe me, the experience is painful. If Google cares about user experience then they need to have some standards when it comes to the hardware hosting their OS, but the reality is, they don't, they make money by people using their OS, not by people buying the phone!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
they make money by people using their OS, not by people buying the phone!

And thank heavens they do. Because if they didn't, they wouldn't have given Apple users a quality Maps option, or the opportunity to try Google Now, or any of their other apps. See, people just look at things very differently. You dislike them for the very reason I like them. I respect a company that gives EVERYONE the opportunity to use their stuff and increase the quality of their experience. Sure, Google does it for the money. It's a business, not a charity and they are wanting to maximize profits like anyone else. But I love that they choose to go about it in a way that benefits everyone (except those who went cheap and bought an entry level Android device). I read Steve Jobs' autobiography and he was a total a** when it came to Google. He stole from multiple companies in his path to create his empire, but then he implements a double standard in the way he views other companies that follow the same paths he did.

Instead of Larry Page, Sergei Brin, Schmidt, etc... telling Apple users to go to he** like Jobs told Android users, they reach out and offer them quality apps that in many cases, are leaps and bounds ahead of what Apple offers their users. I respect that.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
So, you are asking me why I don't use Android instead? Well, I used it for 3 years before I ever used or owned an iPhone but I did not like it! I hated the fragmentation, I hated having to WAIT for an update sometimes for up to a year!!!! Customization is very overrated, in fact, it is the most overrated feature in mobile computing. When I used Android I was always working on making the device better, everyday! Rooting, installing new ROMs, it consumed my life! The device became a burden instead of being what it is, a utility we use to better our lives, the iPhone works out of the box, no if's or but's.

The integration was also one of the biggest reasons I switched. Being able to integrate your phone, tablet, computer, laptop and TV without 3rd party applications was high! I can see my content from anywhere on any of my devices, my notifications, apps, data, etc.

Another reason is because I really dislike what Google is about VS Apple. Apple makes products like most vendors we use, they make quality products and sells it to people, making their money by selling quality products. That is why Apple cares about the user experience. Google on the other hand does not give crap about your user experience, you can be using a flagship phone or a ****ty crappy phone, they STILL MAKE THEIR MONEY BY SELLING OR USING YOUR DATA! They don't care if their OS is being used on a crappy hardware where the user experience is horrible!

To each their own, but there is a reason Apple fans like Apple, and believe me, some of us really know what we are doing.

LOL. Google doesn't care about user experience? That is way over the top. I wonder what the user expereince would be like in mobile or web without google? I promise you it would be worse all around.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Since innovation keeps getting brought, Apple did innovative with the iPhone 5. (What really??? Yes really!!!). The innovation was not something sexy or stands out directly. It was the custom A5 processor that Apple designed for the iPhone. They made their own instruction set and cpu architecture (off the license from ARM) to be optimized around their operating system. I am sure that their next generation is going to do the same and have great battery life off multitasking because of this.

This isn't what the public sees. The public sees IOS7 with toggles and multitasking. If Apple comes out with a larger screen, they will see that.

It is why sometimes I hate benchmark testing so much because people are trying to compare Apples to Oranges.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Since innovation keeps getting brought, Apple did innovative with the iPhone 5. (What really??? Yes really!!!). The innovation was not something sexy or stands out directly. It was the custom A5 processor that Apple designed for the iPhone. They made their own instruction set and cpu architecture (off the license from ARM) to be optimized around their operating system. I am sure that their next generation is going to do the same and have great battery life off multitasking because of this.

This isn't what the public sees. The public sees IOS7 with toggles and multitasking. If Apple comes out with a larger screen, they will see that.

It is why sometimes I hate benchmark testing so much because people are trying to compare Apples to Oranges.

You hit it right on. I completely disregarded that fact about the chip before. Not an iPhone user but glad you brought that point up. They did innovate with that chip, there new chip coming as well.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
LOL. Google doesn't care about user experience? That is way over the top. I wonder what the user expereince would be like in mobile or web without google? I promise you it would be worse all around.

Ok, maybe a bit harsh but how do you explain Google being ok with any company slapping Android on sub-par hardware and calling it a phone? I am telling you, I met people with android phones that basically would make me want to kill myself, that bad!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If we're going to give Apple credit for this massive innovation because of their chip (ONE thing), then we should probably equally compare that to the 15+ things that Google innovates. That's the whole point......say Apple does happen to innovate something, it is not very impressive when compared to their competition who is innovating far more. If they were standing alone in the desert with no one in sight, then yeah. I'd be impressed. But the problem is that Google has cast such a massive shadow over them so their chip pales in comparison to the incredible amount of positive changes occuring within Google. That's why people don't notice those subtle hardware improvements (as impressive as they may be).

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, maybe a bit harsh but how do you explain Google being ok with any company slapping Android on sub-par hardware and calling it a phone? I am telling you, I met people with android phones that basically would make me want to kill myself, that bad!

Google assumes people will do their research and think for themselves. Apple does the thinking for their customers. If those people you spoke of actually did their due dilligence, it wouldn't be a problem. You have to remember that there are very different income levels and poverty in the world where people might still want an affordable smart phone and are happy with what they get, even if it's buggy. I wouldn't be happy, and that's why I do my research instead of just trying to be cheap. Even Apple has talked about making a cheaper device. I know they say those are rumors, but they said that about a bigger iPhone screen and a smaller iPad as well. So history has proven that they probably ARE considering cheapening their hardware. So there's not much difference, except that yet again.....Google did it first. (like most things)

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If Google cared about user experience, why didn't they bully the oems/carriers in allowing timely updates on Android like Apple is allowed?
If Google cared about user experience, why did it take 3-4 years before Chrome Browser allow you to change font size?
If Google cared about user experience, why did they took so long to come out with Project Butter to finally fix most of the lag issues with Android?
If Google cared about user experience, why don't they force hardware standards for new releases of Android?
If Google cared about user experience, why they keep releasing different social networks after we get use to one?
If Google cared about user experience, why did they take out iGoogle?

Google cares about knowing your habits and how they can market and sell those habits for profit.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Google assumes people will do their research and think for themselves. Apple does the thinking for their customers. If those people you spoke of actually did their due dilligence, it wouldn't be a problem.

What does Google assuming people with do research or think for themselves have anything to do with standards? Is having standards now the result for thinking for people?

Ford, GMC, and Chrysler lost growth in the automobile market because of this sort of thinking and it almost killed them all. The current successful American car company is Ford. Why? Because they started copying Toyota/Honda's quality standards.