First impressions/issues

mynameiserich

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just switched over to the GS4 from the iPhone 4S, and so far I am loving it. I used to use an original droid back in the day, which was frustrating to say the least, but man is the GS4 awesome now!! I love the size, and all of the features.

I am having a few issues that maybe someone can help with.

1. The biggest problem I have right now is a navigation audio issue. I have searched all over for a solution and there doesn't really seem to be one. I link my GS4 to my CD player in my car, and play music via bluetooth. With the iphone I would have music playing, and also use navigation. When directions were prompted, the music volume would lower, and the navigation would say which turns to make. What I am running into with the GS4 is that I will have music playing, and navigation going, but when navigation gives a directions prompt, the music stops, and it is just silent for a few seconds, with no voice prompt. I actually realized that while it is silect if I hit the volume button it will turn up and I can hear the voice, but every time a direction prompts again it goes back down. It seems like because music is on, it turns the bluetooth audio up for that, and mutes it for the navigation system. Can anyone help me with this? It is almost a big enough problem to go back to iPhone, and I really REALLY don't want to do that.

2. When the phone is in vibrate mode I can only choose one vibration pattern for phone and notifications - is there a way to have separate ones? I just want a short vibration for notifications, but longer for phone.

3. LED notification light - is there a way to adjust which colors are displayed for which kind of notification? IE green for email, blue for text?

I think those are the only issues I am having right now.

Please help!

Eric

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just switched over to the GS4 from the iPhone 4S, and so far I am loving it. I used to use an original droid back in the day, which was frustrating to say the least, but man is the GS4 awesome now!! I love the size, and all of the features.

I am having a few issues that maybe someone can help with.

1. The biggest problem I have right now is a navigation audio issue. I have searched all over for a solution and there doesn't really seem to be one. I link my GS4 to my CD player in my car, and play music via bluetooth. With the iphone I would have music playing, and also use navigation. When directions were prompted, the music volume would lower, and the navigation would say which turns to make. What I am running into with the GS4 is that I will have music playing, and navigation going, but when navigation gives a directions prompt, the music stops, and it is just silent for a few seconds, with no voice prompt. I actually realized that while it is silect if I hit the volume button it will turn up and I can hear the voice, but every time a direction prompts again it goes back down. It seems like because music is on, it turns the bluetooth audio up for that, and mutes it for the navigation system. Can anyone help me with this? It is almost a big enough problem to go back to iPhone, and I really REALLY don't want to do that.

2. When the phone is in vibrate mode I can only choose one vibration pattern for phone and notifications - is there a way to have separate ones? I just want a short vibration for notifications, but longer for phone.

3. LED notification light - is there a way to adjust which colors are displayed for which kind of notification? IE green for email, blue for text?

I think those are the only issues I am having right now.

Please help!

Eric

Hey, welcome to the forums!

1. May be a bug in the OS, but try going into navigation app, click settings, and see if there may be a master volume there. The other thing you can try is in Settings>Sound>Volume and try turning up System volume.

2. I don't know about changing the vibrate length, but I just went through all my settings, and while I can change the vibration pattern, I can't assign different patterns to different things. Now there may be an app on Play that can do this...

3. An App called Light Manager by MC Koo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2