06-27-2013 05:51 PM
56 123
tools
    Here is my problem, when I take my usb cable from OEM charger and plug to the usb port in my new Hyundai Sonata 2013 it's not charging a lot and and showing up on notification bar connecting to device constantly. Any answers and solution are welcome.
    Note ; I did try all usb cables that I have and that I have used with Galaxy s3 and galaxy s2 phones never had issues until now with Galaxy S4.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk
    And when you take that same cable and use it with the stock wall plug are you getting 1900mA?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    06-19-2013 11:52 PM
    And when you take that same cable and use it with the stock wall plug are you getting 1900mA?

I will need check that out, what's the best way to check it out?

06-19-2013 11:59 PM
    Use this widget.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....currentwidget

speed13 likes this.
    06-20-2013 08:33 AM
    Use this widget.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....currentwidget

Plus one on that widget. It really helped troubleshoot my issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    vasekvi likes this.
    06-20-2013 01:34 PM

06-20-2013 11:25 PM
    A little off topic, but how accurate is that app? I just purchased a factory replacement charger (2amp rating) from here and I'm only getting a 500ma reading with the supplied cable. I hook up my AT&T charger and I get the full 1900ma (2.1amp rating). I know it may seem like an odd question considering it should be something that "either works or it doesn't" but is there some kind of setting or something that I could be missing? I'm just kinda puzzled, unless this is a bad charger, which would make me think it wouldn't work at all. - Samsung Micro-USB 2A Travel Charger - Android Chargers & Cables
    06-21-2013 07:33 AM
    A little off topic, but how accurate is that app? I just purchased a factory replacement charger (2amp rating) from here and I'm only getting a 500ma reading with the supplied cable. I hook up my AT&T charger and I get the full 1900ma (2.1amp rating). I know it may seem like an odd question considering it should be something that "either works or it doesn't" but is there some kind of setting or something that I could be missing? I'm just kinda puzzled, unless this is a bad charger, which would make me think it wouldn't work at all. - Samsung Micro-USB 2A Travel Charger - Android Chargers & Cables
    It should be accurate. I notice a slower charge with a different charger when the phone reports lower charging rates. Did you try swapping cables between chargers? Something somewhere is wrong.

I got this charger which matches what came with the phone and my phone gets 1900mA with it. Is this the charger you got?

More powerful car charger?-uploadfromtaptalk1371821980033.jpg

More powerful car charger?-uploadfromtaptalk1371822021490.jpg

06-21-2013 08:41 AM
    Well, mine looks to be a white version of the same thing. I've used the cable that came with the phone and the cable that came with the charger. Both cables will supply 1900ma when connected to the AT&T charger. Both will show as 500ma when connected to the Samsung charger. I've even tried different outlets and flipping the charger around.
    06-21-2013 09:56 AM
    I loaded the above mentioned app and it only says 0mA off the charger and 1mA on the charger.
    06-21-2013 10:21 AM
    Well, mine looks to be a white version of the same thing. I've used the cable that came with the phone and the cable that came with the charger. Both cables will supply 1900ma when connected to the AT&T charger. Both will show as 500ma when connected to the Samsung charger. I've even tried different outlets and flipping the charger around.
    I know it sounds dumb but try pushing the usb cable all the way into the usb port on the wall plug. I didn't have mine firmly seated twice and that was the problem. Otherwise I would say defective charger. What does the output on the charger say? It should be printed on the side of it.

I loaded the above mentioned app and it only says 0mA off the charger and 1mA on the charger.
    Did you try different chargers? That's an odd reading. The developer is very responsive. He is implementing a couple changes I suggested, including having an option to have this app have a notification in the top bar when charging only.

06-22-2013 09:59 AM
    I know it sounds dumb but try pushing the usb cable all the way into the usb port on the wall plug. I didn't have mine firmly seated twice and that was the problem. Otherwise I would say defective charger. What does the output on the charger say? It should be printed on the side of it.

Did you try different chargers? That's an odd reading. The developer is very responsive. He is implementing a couple changes I suggested, including having an option to have this app have a notification in the top bar when charging only.

It says it is a 2 amp charger. It is a factory replacement. If I pushed any harder on the cable I'm afraid something else would break.
    06-22-2013 04:54 PM
    It says it is a 2 amp charger. It is a factory replacement. If I pushed any harder on the cable I'm afraid something else would break.
    It's got to be the charger then right? Something has to be wrong with it.

06-24-2013 06:50 AM
    Careful though...too rapid of a charge isn't great for the battery either.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3
    Doesn't matter, if it existed you could plug the S4 into a 50Amp charger and it will only take what it needs. It has sensors to prevent any overage.
    Doesn't matter what charger you use or what amperage, it won't effect your battery.

I am usually pretty iffy about getting electronics from China. But I ordered this:

Blue Universal 20000mAh Emergency USB External MP3 4 Battery Charger Power Bank | eBay

Even found a review before I bought it.
    Review of the MOVE 20,000 mAh Power Station

Not only to my surprise did I get it in ONE WEEK, but it actually works pretty darn well, 1A and 2A charging. Charges fast! It's small, and powerful
    and you can't beat the price.
    06-24-2013 06:59 AM
    Here is my problem, when I take my usb cable from OEM charger and plug to the usb port in my new Hyundai Sonata 2013 it's not charging a lot and and showing up on notification bar connecting to device constantly. Any answers and solution are welcome.
    Note ; I did try all usb cables that I have and that I have used with Galaxy s3 and galaxy s2 phones never had issues until now with Galaxy S4.

Any answers? Did someone else have problem with car usb port when trying to charge the phone?

06-24-2013 07:37 AM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/21/adynajyj.jpg

Any answers? Did someone else have problem with car usb port when trying to charge the phone?

I thought your phone showed 1900mA. What was it plugged into then? And how much are you getting in your car?

06-24-2013 09:25 AM
    Charger on, charger off. App doesn't work on my Verizon Galaxy S4...
    Attached Thumbnails More powerful car charger?-uploadfromtaptalk1372087074040.jpg   More powerful car charger?-uploadfromtaptalk1372087092351.jpg  
    06-24-2013 10:18 AM
    06-24-2013 11:05 AM
    I thought your phone showed 1900mA. What was it plugged into then? And how much are you getting in your car?

No it's just in home I haven't checked yet in the car. I will do it and post it here. But I was assuming that original usb cable should charge my phone without problems in the car. It's little weird.

06-24-2013 11:37 AM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/21/adynajyj.jpg

What app is that? Is that showing the AMOUNT of mA it's charging at??? while plugged in?
    06-24-2013 02:55 PM
    Charger on, charger off. App doesn't work on my Verizon Galaxy S4...
    Widget displays the same thing for me on my phone and my charger charges relatively fast so I doubt the app is accurate (for me).
    06-24-2013 03:03 PM
    What app is that? Is that showing the AMOUNT of mA it's charging at??? while plugged in?
    In Google store find currentwidgets

mhinc likes this.
    06-25-2013 01:10 PM

I just plug in to the car usb port see attachment

06-25-2013 01:16 PM
    I just plug in to the car usb port see attachment

Attached Thumbnails More powerful car charger?-uploadfromtaptalk1372184241439.jpg  
    06-25-2013 01:17 PM
    Strange that CurrentWidget works on some people's S4s but not others.
    06-25-2013 01:18 PM
    I can confirm that the newer Verizon charger does charge at 1900mAh.

I'm still trying to find a home charger that properly charges at that speed.
    06-25-2013 02:20 PM
56 123