More powerful car charger?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The issue ended up being with my OEM usb micro cable. It was only putting about 420mA to the phone. After trying another cable with the charger it made all the difference in the world. It now charges in about two hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Glad you were able to find the problem. I wonder if the cables just mess up or bend pins or if using a cheap cable messes up the usb port on these phones sometimes. I used an El cheapo cable at work to do a file transfer and after it didn't want to seem to charge. This was before I had the widget to verify charge rates. No more cheapo cables for me. And once I get my inductive coil this is what will be residing in the two lint and dust collectors on my phone.

uploadfromtaptalk1371658604712.jpg

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Rirruto

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain, have the same issue with my charger but when I use the nav and I know I will be on the same road for a while, I just turn the screen off and keep the audio on. If there's a turn or exit coming, I'll hear the speech and turn the screen on again. Not only will it keep the battery level but also charge it a bit too.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I feel your pain, have the same issue with my charger but when I use the nav and I know I will be on the same road for a while, I just turn the screen off and keep the audio on. If there's a turn or exit coming, I'll hear the speech and turn the screen on again. Not only will it keep the battery level but also charge it a bit too.

You don't have to do any of that with a 2 amp charger. It will still charge well no matter what you run on it.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Here is my problem, when I take my usb cable from OEM charger and plug to the usb port in my new Hyundai Sonata 2013 it's not charging a lot and and showing up on notification bar connecting to device constantly. Any answers and solution are welcome.
Note ; I did try all usb cables that I have and that I have used with Galaxy s3 and galaxy s2 phones never had issues until now with Galaxy S4. :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Here is my problem, when I take my usb cable from OEM charger and plug to the usb port in my new Hyundai Sonata 2013 it's not charging a lot and and showing up on notification bar connecting to device constantly. Any answers and solution are welcome.
Note ; I did try all usb cables that I have and that I have used with Galaxy s3 and galaxy s2 phones never had issues until now with Galaxy S4. :confused:

And when you take that same cable and use it with the stock wall plug are you getting 1900mA?

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
And when you take that same cable and use it with the stock wall plug are you getting 1900mA?

I will need check that out, what's the best way to check it out?

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
adynajyj.jpg

oshia86

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
A little off topic, but how accurate is that app? I just purchased a factory replacement charger (2amp rating) from here and I'm only getting a 500ma reading with the supplied cable. I hook up my AT&T charger and I get the full 1900ma (2.1amp rating). I know it may seem like an odd question considering it should be something that "either works or it doesn't" but is there some kind of setting or something that I could be missing? I'm just kinda puzzled, unless this is a bad charger, which would make me think it wouldn't work at all. - Samsung Micro-USB 2A Travel Charger - Android Chargers & Cables

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
A little off topic, but how accurate is that app? I just purchased a factory replacement charger (2amp rating) from here and I'm only getting a 500ma reading with the supplied cable. I hook up my AT&T charger and I get the full 1900ma (2.1amp rating). I know it may seem like an odd question considering it should be something that "either works or it doesn't" but is there some kind of setting or something that I could be missing? I'm just kinda puzzled, unless this is a bad charger, which would make me think it wouldn't work at all. - Samsung Micro-USB 2A Travel Charger - Android Chargers & Cables

It should be accurate. I notice a slower charge with a different charger when the phone reports lower charging rates. Did you try swapping cables between chargers? Something somewhere is wrong.

I got this charger which matches what came with the phone and my phone gets 1900mA with it. Is this the charger you got?

uploadfromtaptalk1371821980033.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1371822021490.jpg

oshia86

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, mine looks to be a white version of the same thing. I've used the cable that came with the phone and the cable that came with the charger. Both cables will supply 1900ma when connected to the AT&T charger. Both will show as 500ma when connected to the Samsung charger. I've even tried different outlets and flipping the charger around.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, mine looks to be a white version of the same thing. I've used the cable that came with the phone and the cable that came with the charger. Both cables will supply 1900ma when connected to the AT&T charger. Both will show as 500ma when connected to the Samsung charger. I've even tried different outlets and flipping the charger around.

I know it sounds dumb but try pushing the usb cable all the way into the usb port on the wall plug. I didn't have mine firmly seated twice and that was the problem. Otherwise I would say defective charger. What does the output on the charger say? It should be printed on the side of it.

I loaded the above mentioned app and it only says 0mA off the charger and 1mA on the charger.

Did you try different chargers? That's an odd reading. The developer is very responsive. He is implementing a couple changes I suggested, including having an option to have this app have a notification in the top bar when charging only.

oshia86

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I know it sounds dumb but try pushing the usb cable all the way into the usb port on the wall plug. I didn't have mine firmly seated twice and that was the problem. Otherwise I would say defective charger. What does the output on the charger say? It should be printed on the side of it.

Did you try different chargers? That's an odd reading. The developer is very responsive. He is implementing a couple changes I suggested, including having an option to have this app have a notification in the top bar when charging only.

It says it is a 2 amp charger. It is a factory replacement. If I pushed any harder on the cable I'm afraid something else would break.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
It says it is a 2 amp charger. It is a factory replacement. If I pushed any harder on the cable I'm afraid something else would break.

It's got to be the charger then right? Something has to be wrong with it.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Careful though...too rapid of a charge isn't great for the battery either.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Doesn't matter, if it existed you could plug the S4 into a 50Amp charger and it will only take what it needs. It has sensors to prevent any overage.
Doesn't matter what charger you use or what amperage, it won't effect your battery.

I am usually pretty iffy about getting electronics from China. But I ordered this:

Blue Universal 20000mAh Emergency USB External MP3 4 Battery Charger Power Bank | eBay

Even found a review before I bought it.
Review of the MOVE 20,000 mAh Power Station

Not only to my surprise did I get it in ONE WEEK, but it actually works pretty darn well, 1A and 2A charging. Charges fast! It's small, and powerful
and you can't beat the price.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Any answers? Did someone else have problem with car usb port when trying to charge the phone?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000