06-12-2013 01:01 PM
57 123
tools
    Sorry I meant the s4 may get updates and be my favorite, I hope it does by then I'll be ready for a switch I'm not knocking the phone I just think it's a little dissapointing that's all

sent from the smartphone of 2013 HTC ONE...
    weblou likes this.
    06-11-2013 06:56 PM
    Sorry I meant the s4 may get updates and be my favorite, I hope it does by then I'll be ready for a switch I'm not knocking the phone I just think it's a little dissapointing that's all

Im not a fanboy of any brand. I get whatever works best for me. If i don't like it I move on to something I like.
    I guess its getting a little annoying telling people that my s4 has no lag. Lol.
    Anyways hope the next upgrade makes your s4 more usable. Its a fantastic phone if it works like mines.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-11-2013 07:11 PM
    I don't do the pause nor the eye scrolling.. i find it a little annoying to be honest. You own both that's great for you. for me the S4 works flawless and completely smooth. So there is no payoff... just like you say your HTC one is 100% smooth so is my S4.. only difference is the S4 has more features. I spent 24h+ hours with my friends HTC one. He wanted to trade phone so i gave the HTC one a little test run.. honestly didn't find it any faster then my S4.

You spend a lot time here trying to convince people that your HTC one is greatest device... are you sure your not trying to convince yourself?
    Also wanted to say out of fairness I do like the feel of the s4 IN MY HAND def like the camera better on the s4 but I do also like zoe and low light but give me 13mp, like the home button and screen on s4 except in sun, what I don't like is the way it runs there for with updates it can easily become my daily driver I think people are taking what I'm saying wrong and that is that MINE is not smoothest THERES

06-11-2013 07:16 PM
    Sorry, but I have no lag at all with this phone and I'm using air gesture, the eye sensor and most of the other available options.

And yes, I know lag. I had the Droid Charge......I know lag.

Rich
    06-11-2013 08:33 PM
    That's awesome I don't know why some do and some don't I guess I'm unlucky

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours
    06-11-2013 09:12 PM
    I have read that if you turn the s4 completely off, it cures the lagg!

SENT FROM ANDROID CENTRAL'S TOP SMARTPHONE OF 2013!! WOOT WOOT!
    06-11-2013 09:31 PM
    I do think its a great device but I've had some issues to and not just lag but connectivity issues along with text smearing while scrolling and just today my racing game speed drift won't work any more, don't know why it just shuts down, I hope the update will improve such things

Posted via Android Central App
    06-11-2013 10:26 PM
    Do you guys think coming on here and claiming profusely that yours doesn't lag is going to help the op with their problems/questions at all? I highly doubt they care that you have one without lag. They were asking if they should sell theirs or wait for the stock ROM to become available, if and when it does. And as far as I can tell only 1 or 2 people have actually given them a legitimate answer. The rest of you are just arguing whether or not your s4 lags and saying the one doesn't. If you all want to argue about the s4 lagging or not (which makes no sense because if someone says there's is lagging then it's lagging. You saying yours isn't doesn't change that fact one bit) then maybe you should start a thread about it. If you want to argue over which phone is better than start another thread. I'm not telling anyone what to do but it's just getting a little old. Every time someone talks about lag or a problem in general with their phone they can hardly get a straight answer or any kind of help it just turns into the same thread/discussion over and over. It is fact that a lot of s4's have lag. Just accept it. If yours doesn't then great. If you think your HTC one is a better phone, great. Glad to hear your happy. But for now let's try actually helping people with their issues instead of gloating about our own personal phones. Geez!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Topgonzo likes this.
    06-11-2013 10:41 PM
    Please do not recommend that they start another thread for any of those petty reasons. We prefer that that ignorance be taken to PMs, or left off the site completely.

Carry on.
    06-11-2013 10:45 PM
    Please do not recommend that they start another thread for any of those petty reasons. We prefer that that ignorance be taken to PMs, or left off the site completely.

Carry on.
    I can see why. But I only say that because that will give them somewhere to go. Then if someone tries starting the same argument over they can be directed to said threads instead of being told not to talk about it, which would come off as over moderation.

06-11-2013 10:54 PM
    I could not care less for TouchWiz, that's why I use Nova Launcher. I have zero lag on the home pages, and rarely (maybe 1/100 times) will the app launch get stuck in between pages, but it's easily solved by continuing to swipe to the next page. SMS & MMS work perfectly fine for me. As far as bad image quality goes for your videos, remember you are using a much larger device with much more pixels. Video compression is going to distort quality a lot and make it look bad. Everyone in my family (except me), has an iPhone and I can say that videos sent through MMS don't look the best, either.
    veggie59 likes this.
    06-12-2013 12:03 AM
    Do you guys think coming on here and claiming profusely that yours doesn't lag is going to help the op with their problems/questions at all? I highly doubt they care that you have one without lag. They were asking if they should sell theirs or wait for the stock ROM to become available, if and when it does. And as far as I can tell only 1 or 2 people have actually given them a legitimate answer. The rest of you are just arguing whether or not your s4 lags and saying the one doesn't. If you all want to argue about the s4 lagging or not (which makes no sense because if someone says there's is lagging then it's lagging. You saying yours isn't doesn't change that fact one bit) then maybe you should start a thread about it. If you want to argue over which phone is better than start another thread. I'm not telling anyone what to do but it's just getting a little old. Every time someone talks about lag or a problem in general with their phone they can hardly get a straight answer or any kind of help it just turns into the same thread/discussion over and over. It is fact that a lot of s4's have lag. Just accept it. If yours doesn't then great. If you think your HTC one is a better phone, great. Glad to hear your happy. But for now let's try actually helping people with their issues instead of gloating about our own personal phones. Geez!

The thing is, I've seen plenty of advice given to a person with a lag issue, only to be told it isn't helping or they've already tried it.. What other answers are people supposed to give? At some point you have to make a decision based on what works for you. It's rather simple actually. Trying to get people to post what you want them to post only complicates matters even further.
    06-12-2013 12:29 AM
    The thing is, I've seen plenty of advice given to a person with a lag issue, only to be told it isn't helping or they've already tried it.. What other answers are people supposed to give? At some point you have to make a decision based on what works for you. It's rather simple actually. Trying to get people to post what you want them to post only complicates matters even further.
    I'm not trying to get anyone to post what I want. Where did you get that. I even said "I'm not telling anyone what to do". Criticizing and nit picking my post isn't helping anyone either. I didn't see much advice given to this particular person. And telling them "I guess I'm lucky because my s4 doesn't lag" and "my HTC one doesn't lag", isn't advice at all. So again, you guys post what you want. I'm just expressing my disappointment in all of the bickering. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

06-12-2013 12:45 AM
    There are at least 10 threads dealing with lag issues. All it takes is a bit of a search. I see no point in chastising members who aren't having an issue for saying so. It's not like it's stopping anyone (yourself included) from offering tips.
    06-12-2013 02:07 AM
    There are at least 10 threads dealing with lag issues with all sorts of tips to help. Everytime someone opens a knew one without doing minimum checking, well after awhile this is what you get.
    Seems to be the norm.

06-12-2013 02:20 AM
    I'd be willing to wager money to whoever would like to demonstrate their stock S4 to be completely free from any amount of stutter, even with everything shut off in developer options (which is a pretty sad thing to need to do on a brand new phone). By default, the S4 can't unlock without a stutter. With animations off, the notification bar stutters 95% of the time,Facebook & web stutter when scrolling, gallery stutters...and on and on.

I have no doubts that S4 owners that claim zero lag do not 'experience' it because the S4 is better than their old phone. Fact is, if you compared the S4 to the Nexus 4 or iPhone 5 the lack of smoothness on the S4 would be startling.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-12-2013 03:18 AM
    I don't really notice much lag usually... occasionally it can catch up, but with texting everything is great. Where I do get some lag is sometimes when unlocking the phone the phone can lag up or freeze up (very rare).

The biggest "lag" problem I have is with the built-in S-Voice which is slow as can be... it needs to be more responsive.

Yeh, the phone could be snappier... maybe I'll pay more attention to this... usually I'm pretty picky about things, but lag wasn't really on my things-that-I-hate list, which was pretty big
    06-12-2013 05:13 AM
    I have both the S4 and nexus 4, and smoothness is on par with both devices. Occasionally s4 will stutter but that's it.
    06-12-2013 06:15 AM
    Seems to be the norm.

obviously not enough for most owners to care.

But some people who DON'T own the device seem to care... a lot. lol
    06-12-2013 10:06 AM
    I'd be willing to wager money to whoever would like to demonstrate their stock S4 to be completely free from any amount of stutter, even with everything shut off in developer options (which is a pretty sad thing to need to do on a brand new phone). By default, the S4 can't unlock without a stutter. With animations off, the notification bar stutters 95% of the time,Facebook & web stutter when scrolling, gallery stutters...and on and on.

I have no doubts that S4 owners that claim zero lag do not 'experience' it because the S4 is better than their old phone. Fact is, if you compared the S4 to the Nexus 4 or iPhone 5 the lack of smoothness on the S4 would be startling.
    I can actually, I have both the I5 and the S4, I have not seen any difference between the two. To me, it works perfectly. then again, every phone is different. I had the Rezound before the S4 and never had any of the reported issues users said they had with that phone. and there were many from poor battery to failing charging ports. maybe I got my S4 from a good batch of phones.
    06-12-2013 10:15 AM
    Try using the phone before commenting on it. The smoothness between the N4 and S4 is almost identical.

06-12-2013 10:28 AM
    Try using the phone before commenting on it. The smoothness between the N4 and S4 is almost identical.

How do you know he doesn't own it or has owned it? Or hasn't used it like you say?

06-12-2013 10:33 AM
    Of the way he talks about the phone he obviously never owned one.. I own one and i could tell you it's just as smooth as ip5
    Never had a Nexus 4 so can't say anything but the video is pretty clear.
    Most people just repeat what they read online.

How do you know he doesn't own it or has owned it? Or hasn't used it like you say?

06-12-2013 10:37 AM
    Of the way he talks about the phone he obviously never owned one.. I own one and i could tell you it's just as smooth as ip5
    Never had a Nexus 4 so can't say anything but the video is pretty clear.
    Most people just repeat what they read online.
    Oh, I see. He clearly hasn't owned it then. :rolleyes:

06-12-2013 10:41 AM
    I seriously don't know what your problem is or what you want but if you take a few seconds to read his previous posts you will see that he only played with one at the AT&T store.
    Which EVERYONE should know you don't judge a phone on display...

Oh, I see. He clearly hasn't owned it then. :rolleyes:

06-12-2013 10:46 AM
57 123