So i was thinking on how to make the notification center more useful and a delight to use. You know how the youtube app has that navigation drawer that you slide from the side of the screen. Why not make something like that in the notifcation menu and it can contain our most used apps that we can scroll through vertically. It would be seriously awesome. It won't clutter that notifaction center since its hidden and will be really useful.

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300
    06-11-2013 06:41 AM
    So nobody likes it? ((

06-11-2013 09:53 AM
    You do realize you're posting this in the s4 forum right? The s4 already has multi Window. Which is basically what you're describing except it's not hidden in the notifications.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2013 09:59 AM
    I like that.

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!
    06-11-2013 09:59 AM
    You can even move it to the top of your screen like this.

06-11-2013 10:01 AM

06-11-2013 10:02 AM
    I know im sorry, but the galaxy s4 forum is such a busy thread so i figured i would post here. I am aware of the multi window feature but the apps in the multi window are limited. Im taking every app and not just in touchwiz but android as a whole.

06-11-2013 10:15 AM
    I know im sorry, but the galaxy s4 forum is such a busy thread so i figured i would post here. I am aware of the multi window feature but the apps in the multi window are limited. Im taking every app and not just in touchwiz but android as a whole.

Hey no reason to apologize. I just wasn't sure you were aware of that.

06-11-2013 10:18 AM
    Hey no reason to apologize. I just wasn't sure you were aware of that.

Thank you for youl civil response. I honestly thought you reported this thread.

06-11-2013 10:23 AM
    Thank you for youl civil response. I honestly thought you reported this thread.

No way. You can post wherever you want. It sounds like an interesting idea though. Or how about a way to just put shortcuts to your favorite apps in the notification tray? I would use that. And have it scroll left and right.

06-11-2013 10:32 AM
    No way. You can post wherever you want. It sounds like an interesting idea though. Or how about a way to just put shortcuts to your favorite apps in the notification tray? I would use that. And have it scroll left and right.

I actually thought of that and there is actually an app that does that called quickly notification but it really cluttered the notification tray, IMO it would be nice if it was hidden but there when you need it. I wish i could tell that to Google or any company for that matter.

06-11-2013 03:19 PM
    Sounds cool to me !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-11-2013 07:50 PM
    Sounds cool to me !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Appreciate the feedback. ))

Posted via Android Central App
    06-11-2013 08:14 PM
    So i was thinking on how to make the notification center more useful and a delight to use. You know how the youtube app has that navigation drawer that you slide from the side of the screen. Why not make something like that in the notifcation menu and it can contain our most used apps that we can scroll through vertically. It would be seriously awesome. It won't clutter that notifaction center since its hidden and will be really useful.

A replacement launcher called action launcher is available that does basically what you want. There is no standard app drawer. Instead, you swipe in from the left of the screen and it opens a vertical list of all your apps and widgets. It even has the alphabet listed down the right side so you can click on a letter to be taken directly to all apps that start with that letter.

It has some really cool other features too. It is a paid app but very worth it in my opinion. Check out all the features in the listing in the play store.

06-11-2013 09:38 PM
    A replacement launcher called action launcher is available that does basically what you want. There is no standard app drawer. Instead, you swipe in from the left of the screen and it opens a vertical list of all your apps and widgets. It even has the alphabet listed down the right side so you can click on a letter to be taken directly to all apps that start with that letter.

It has some really cool other features too. It is a paid app but very worth it in my opinion. Check out all the features in the listing in the play store.

I know that launcher. But what i meant was in the notification center, over any app anywhere.

06-11-2013 09:57 PM