I just switched to a galaxsy s4. I had an iPhone 5 before but it got stolen and wanted to give android a chance... The problem I'm having is that if my iPhone user friends are in a group chat and send a message I won't receive their text. My name still comes up in blue instead of green meaning it shows like I still have an iPhone. I read that u should be able to receive those group chat text as regular text on my galaxsy. I already changed my iTunes Pw but nothing I tried helped. Anybody know what's wrong? Thanks
    06-11-2013 01:55 PM
    I think you need to disconnect you iMessage. Im not sure about group text
    06-11-2013 02:18 PM
    I just switched to a galaxsy s4. I had an iPhone 5 before but it got stolen and wanted to give android a chance... The problem I'm having is that if my iPhone user friends are in a group chat and send a message I won't receive their text. My name still comes up in blue instead of green meaning it shows like I still have an iPhone. I read that u should be able to receive those group chat text as regular text on my galaxsy. I already changed my iTunes Pw but nothing I tried helped. Anybody know what's wrong? Thanks
    Your friends may have to create a new thread if they haven't done so.
    06-11-2013 02:52 PM
    Two things to try as a suggestion,

1. Provided you registered your iPhone with Apple -
    To deactivate iMessage, you will need to unregister your phone from your Apple ID:
    Go to https://supportprofile.apple.com
    Select the product you need to de-register (your iPhone, for example)
    Click Unregister
    You will see the message Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product? Click Unregister again

Your iPhone will be removed from your Apple ID and will no longer receive iMessages.

Or

2. Log into your iCloud account from a Pc or Mac and change that account password. ITunes and iCloud can use your same apple ID but in some cases different passwords.

Most people have reported one or the other of these methods worked for them. Once set up, iMessages ties itself to your phone number and email addresses. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to an hour or more for the change to be reflected on the server end of things.

One last suggestion that may seem a bit odd. Borrow one of your friends iPhone 4 or 4s ( iPhone 5 won't work cause it uses a nano sim ) and put your SIM card in the iPhone. Reboot the iPhone and it will think its you, now you have to turn on / activate iMessage with your Apple ID and after its activated then turn it off. This is a bit extreme but should work if all else fails.

Hope this works for you.
    06-11-2013 03:34 PM
    I ran into similar issues switching from a 4S. I turned off imessage on my 4S, then wiped the phone completely after backing up the contents. After Googling the problem, I also did the unregister option mentioned above. Now I seem to be able to group message with my friends who all use iPhones.
    06-11-2013 05:41 PM
    I tried it all no luck
    06-11-2013 10:28 PM
    I tried it all no luck
    If you have any other apple products that use iMessage, sign into iMessage and go to settings. Where it shows where you can receive messages at (email, phone number) make sure you either deleted your phone number or turned your number offline

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    06-12-2013 05:38 AM