Launcher - newbie question for app folders

ricomtl

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! Recently converted from iOS to Android (yeah!) with the Samsung Galaxy S4.

I have spent a great deal of time grouping apps in meaningful categories... then realized, hmmm... there are some fine launchers in the PlayStore. Whenever I install one, it seems that all my default TouchWiz app folders disapear and I have to restart.

Is there a way to retain all the grouping I've done so far?

Thanks!

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you mean, but there are ways to import a layout from one launcher into another. This only works on supporting launchers, and as far as I know, should retain folders. You will find this option in the settings menu of a launcher if it supports it.

ricomtl

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok, what I meant is... I currently use the TouchWiz launcher and on my home screen and subsequent pages, I've built app folders (ie. categories)... like Photos, Gaming, Fun stuff, News, etc... whenever I use any other launcher (ie. Go Launcher, Next Launcher, etc) I loose all of the app folders I've created. All apps will show up as a standalone app... which means I must recreate all my folders/categories again.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried nova launcher? In my experience, when nova is installed, on the home page it will have a green button that says import from other launchers. Once pressed, it should present a prompt that says touchwiz. This has always worked for me, and I am a folder user...

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried nova launcher? In my experience, when nova is installed, on the home page it will have a green button that says import from other launchers. Once pressed, it should present a prompt that says touchwiz. This has always worked for me, and I am a folder user...

Same. I've always been able to import my layout and all my folders come along with it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app