Hey guys! Recently converted from iOS to Android (yeah!) with the Samsung Galaxy S4.

I have spent a great deal of time grouping apps in meaningful categories... then realized, hmmm... there are some fine launchers in the PlayStore. Whenever I install one, it seems that all my default TouchWiz app folders disapear and I have to restart.

Is there a way to retain all the grouping I've done so far?

Thanks!
    06-11-2013 10:34 PM
    Not sure what you mean, but there are ways to import a layout from one launcher into another. This only works on supporting launchers, and as far as I know, should retain folders. You will find this option in the settings menu of a launcher if it supports it.
    06-11-2013 10:42 PM
    Ok, what I meant is... I currently use the TouchWiz launcher and on my home screen and subsequent pages, I've built app folders (ie. categories)... like Photos, Gaming, Fun stuff, News, etc... whenever I use any other launcher (ie. Go Launcher, Next Launcher, etc) I loose all of the app folders I've created. All apps will show up as a standalone app... which means I must recreate all my folders/categories again.
    06-11-2013 11:04 PM
    Have you tried nova launcher? In my experience, when nova is installed, on the home page it will have a green button that says import from other launchers. Once pressed, it should present a prompt that says touchwiz. This has always worked for me, and I am a folder user...
    SERBDVB likes this.
    06-11-2013 11:16 PM
    Have you tried nova launcher? In my experience, when nova is installed, on the home page it will have a green button that says import from other launchers. Once pressed, it should present a prompt that says touchwiz. This has always worked for me, and I am a folder user...
    Same. I've always been able to import my layout and all my folders come along with it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    06-12-2013 07:48 AM
    Thanks Guys,

I trashed Next Launcher and went for Nova... I was able to import all my existing folders! Yay!
    06-12-2013 07:54 AM