06-18-2013 08:49 AM
63 123
tools
    Who cares.

Posted via Android Central App
    No, the question is; who cares the least?
    smooth4lyfe thinks he could care less.
    I know I couldn't care less.
    smooth4lyfe, Aquila and orion575 like this.
    06-12-2013 11:17 PM
    Sales don't always count. I could point you towards countless products of terrible quality that outsell every one of their competitors and have for decades.

Web polls don't count either.

Your own opinion is what you should be measuring with, guided by credible unbiased reviews and information outlets.
    smooth4lyfe and Aquila like this.
    06-12-2013 11:26 PM
    No, the question is; who cares the least?
    smooth4lyfe thinks he could care less.
    I know I couldn't care less.
    On a scale from 1 to 10, if you allege that you're a 1, it's impossible to go lower. However, Smooth's amount of caring is undefined, except that it's >=2, given that he states it is possible to downgrade the level of caring. In that case, it's possible that one who can care less is anywhere from 2 to 10, but not 1 and you are at 1, so your amount of caring is clearly < any other possibility.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    06-12-2013 11:33 PM
    Yeah, I don't need weekly confirmation that I made the right choice. lol

I knew from the moment I laid eyes on my 5' screen that I wouldn't be able to put this phone down, even though I did own the One for about a month also. Nothing against the One, which is great in it's own way. But the s4 is hands down the best device I have ever owned. Don't need a poll or approval of HTC One fans ...
    Aquila, txtoast, orion575 and 1 others like this.
    06-12-2013 11:35 PM
    I love both phones. But I just prefer the One. Honestly there is no winner. These are two of the best phones out right now! I've played around with the s4 and while it was nice.. Just wasn't for me. I'm sure there are people like me, and the opposite as well... It's just a matter of personal opinion... No need to hate on either one.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    06-13-2013 12:51 AM
    I love both phones. But I just prefer the One. Honestly there is no winner. These are two of the best phones out right now! I've played around with the s4 and while it was nice.. Just wasn't for me. I'm sure there are people like me, and the opposite as well... It's just a matter of personal opinion... No need to hate on either one.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    +1 om that.
    Got both phones and I love the H1 in design, but for me the functionality wins on the s4. The 2 major things on s4 for me is 4g where I live is better(more band) and also camera is better for me as H1 takes very nice pics but not on distance and when you zoom.

Skickat frn min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk 2
    06-13-2013 02:15 AM
    Chevy sells more cars than Rolls Royce, so the Sonic must be better than the Wraith.
    06-13-2013 08:22 AM
    This makes 0 sense
    -Chevy 25/30k?
    -RR 350k+?

How do you even compare the 2? S4 and ONE are priced equal.. maybe ONE a little cheaper. Offered by almost all the same providers to the same potential clients.
    The clients chose to go with S4 when they could easily afford to get the HTC one....

We seriously need to stop using cars as an example..
    Chevy sells more cars than Rolls Royce, so the Sonic must be better than the Wraith.
    orion575 likes this.
    06-13-2013 08:28 AM
    This makes 0 sense
    -Chevy 25/30k?
    -RR 350k+?

How do you even compare the 2? S4 and ONE are priced equal.. maybe ONE a little cheaper. Offer by almost all the same providers to the same potential clients.
    The clients chose to go with S4 when they could easily afford to get the HTC one....

Was just about to say this. That was the dumbest example I ever heard lol

GS4 Love
    orion575 likes this.
    06-13-2013 08:30 AM
    Exactly...the HTC vs. Samsung is old now...died out...no need to bring it back to life
    Yes, enough time has passed for people to buy and take back the loser of the two. THIS forum is for the S4. The losers have their own forum !! haha
    smooth4lyfe and orion575 like this.
    06-13-2013 08:35 AM
    Just because a phone is more popular doesn't mean it's better.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Interesting. S4 fans claim that popularity doesn't determine a phone's quality when a poll shows the One is winning, but are quick to point out that the S4 has sold more to support their claim that the S4 is better. So popularity only determines a phone's quality when it favors you, right?
    Topgonzo likes this.
    06-13-2013 09:19 AM
    I was only stating sales aren't a guide to quality. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I don't own either phone, so matters not to me, it is fun to see you all get super defensive though.

This makes 0 sense
    -Chevy 25/30k?
    -RR 350k+?

How do you even compare the 2? S4 and ONE are priced equal.. maybe ONE a little cheaper. Offered by almost all the same providers to the same potential clients.

leroybrute likes this.
    06-13-2013 09:20 AM
    Yes, enough time has passed for people to buy and take back the loser of the two. THIS forum is for the S4. The losers have their own forum !! haha
    Wow. Really?
    06-13-2013 09:21 AM
    Defensive much? I don't own either phone, so I'm not allowed in here, is that right?
    06-13-2013 09:21 AM
    I agree that sales don't mean quality. But you can't compare 2 items so differently priced. Obviously Chevy sells more because it's affordable. Maybe only 1 or 2 % of people could afford a RR.
    But anyone looking to get a smartphone could probably afford to get an HTC one or the S4. And people are choosing the S4...Does it mean it's better quality? No. But it probably means that the S4 offers more to consumers looking to spend their hard earned money.

If you think it's "fun" to make irrelevant comments on a sub forum of a mobile device you don't even own... you seriously need to find new hobbies lol

I was only stating sales aren't a guide to quality. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I don't own either phone, so matters not to me, it is fun to see you all get super defensive though.
    06-13-2013 09:37 AM
    Voting on a website for a phone or actually going out to buy it is very different. Who knows how many people voted without even owning the device?
    But spending your money on it.. pretty much confirms which device is better for you (in most cases).

This is not a "quality" argument.. it's more of a popularity contest. And like it or not S4 is selling more then HTC one... hence making it more popular. Not better quality

Interesting. S4 fans claim that popularity doesn't determine a phone's quality when a poll shows the One is winning, but are quick to point out that the S4 has sold more to support their claim that the S4 is better. So popularity only determines a phone's quality when it favors you, right?
    madlaw1071 and orion575 like this.
    06-13-2013 09:44 AM
    I didn't know there was an iPhone forum on here!! ;-)
    weblou likes this.
    06-13-2013 09:48 AM
    Voting on a website for a phone or actually going out to buy it is very different. Who knows how many people voted without even owning the device?
    But spending your money on it.. pretty much confirms which device is better for you (in most cases).

This is not a "quality" argument.. it's more of a popularity contest. And like it or not S4 is selling more then HTC one... hence making it more popular. Not better quality
    What about people who can't afford a phone or who aren't due for an upgrade yet? You can't exclude them from measuring phone popularity. Sales exclude them. Polls don't. It doesn't matter whether or not someone voted without owning the device. Doesn't change the fact that they prefer the phone.
    06-13-2013 09:50 AM
    I do not know about the One, but per friends at Best Buy (one deals with warehouse logistics) and two corporate acquaintances at Verizon, the S4 is not selling anywhere near what was expected. No reason given why this might be the case. My thought for part of it is a lot of people are still happy with the S3 and a lot of folks have unlimited data want to keep it and not pay full price.
    06-13-2013 09:53 AM
    True. But that's not an accurate vote. How could you vote for the best of anything if you haven't used it?? Sort of like voting for best picture in the oscars but all you seen was the commercials

What about people who can't afford a phone or who aren't due for an upgrade yet? You can't exclude them from measuring phone popularity. Sales exclude them. Polls don't. It doesn't matter whether or not someone voted without owning the device. Doesn't change the fact that they prefer the phone.
    orion575 likes this.
    It's the same people voting daily. If every person that has an S4 votes and every person that has an HTC one votes. S4 would have 2/3 times more votes..
    People show what device they like better by buying it.. and they're buying the S4
    But is everyone that has the S4 going to vote for the S4 ? I know quite a few disappointed S4 owners.
    Yea i think the S3 is very popular still. Also HTC one is getting decent sells.
    Samsung set the bar pretty high with the S3

I do not know about the One, but per friends at Best Buy (one deals with warehouse logistics) and two corporate acquaintances at Verizon, the S4 is not selling anywhere near what was expected. No reason given why this might be the case. My thought for part of it is a lot of people are still happy with the S3 and a lot of folks have unlimited data want to keep it and not pay full price.
    06-13-2013 09:55 AM
    True. But that's not an accurate vote. How could you vote for the best of anything if you haven't used it?? Sort of like voting for best picture in the oscars but all you seen was the commercials
    I don't own a One, S4, Note 2, Optimus G Pro, Optimus G, Galaxy Nexus, HTC First, Kindle Fire, or Nexus 10, but I've used them all.

On the other hand, many people who voted haven't used the devices like I have.

On the other hand, I knew the Nexus 4 was the phone for me before I had even seen one in real life.

I'm going to stop before this turns into Fiddler on the Roof.
    06-13-2013 09:56 AM
    Not everyone will vote.
    And there's easily just as many disappointed HTC one, Ip5, LG owners as there's S4 owners. Can't please everyone
    But is everyone that has the S4 going to vote for the S4 ? I know quite a few disappointed S4 owners.
    06-13-2013 10:00 AM
    You should try this in an Apple forum, they will gang up and post you to death. One of the most militaristic feeling forums I have ever been too. At least here, we can ask questions about other phones and compare them to our current phone and for the most part have civil responses.
    06-13-2013 10:07 AM
63 123