GS4 is losing big time

PaulWog

May 1, 2013
Visit site
So wait... if I start my own website and a beachball gets more votes than the S4, then the beachball is more successful than an S4?

Come on.

Sales figures are what count. Profit margins. Etc. Not dinky votes on a website. The numbers are skewed heavily based on factors that likely don't reflect the popularity of the phones being voted for. Last I checked, the iPhone 5 is EXTREMELY popular and is rendering huge profits, and yet it has what... 40x or so less votes than the HTC One? Yeah... right...

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
It's the same people voting daily. If every person that has an S4 votes and every person that has an HTC one votes. S4 would have 2/3 times more votes..
People show what device they like better by buying it.. and they're buying the S4 :)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
So wait... if I start my own website and a beachball gets more votes than the S4, then the beachball is more successful than an S4?

Come on.

Sales figures are what count. Profit margins. Etc. Not dinky votes on a website. The numbers are skewed heavily based on factors that likely don't reflect the popularity of the phones being voted for. Last I checked, the iPhone 5 is EXTREMELY popular and is rendering huge profits, and yet it has what... 40x or so less votes than the HTC One? Yeah... right...

Maybe not now, but once the beachball gets upgraded to version 2.3, it will beat the S4 and the HTC One, hands down!

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather spend my time enjoying my phone than voting for it repeatedly in meaningless online surveys.
+1000

I can't believe folks are wasting time creating threads like this. Let alone worrying about some silly poll created by some silly website.

videian

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There are quite a bit of complaints of various issues with the S4 on this board, could have something to do with it.

I know I am far from completely satisfied, to the point where I wouldn't reccomend it to others. I hoping they fix all the issues, sticking with it for now .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
There are quite a bit of complaints of various issues with the S4 on this board, could have something to do with it.

I know I am far from completely satisfied, to the point where I wouldn't reccomend it to others. I hoping they fix all the issues, sticking with it for now .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

What kind of problems are you having?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If anyone noticed... there are only a couple hundred votes for each phone on Phonedog

.... when there are millions sold.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
If anyone noticed... there are only a couple hundred votes for each phone on Phonedog

.... when there are millions sold.
Which is why I laugh when someone considers these polls a credible way of determining which phone is better when that can only determined by each person individually and that decision applies to them and only them.

antclauson

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Exactly...the HTC vs. Samsung is old now...died out...no need to bring it back to life

I agree because everyone knows what phone has won overall ;). I came from the Palm Pre and then got the HTC Evo 3D. After the 3D, I was excited about the HTC One and got this.I had the HTC One first for about 2 weeks and decided I was going to switch and couldn't wait to get the Samsung S4 because I wanted to try it out and try something different. I got the S4 and had it for about a month now and liked it. After using it for a while I started regretting my decision because of the BS LAG and freezing. Don't get me wrong, besides the cheap feel (Yes, even die hard Samsung fans have said this and were disappointed about the build quality) and when it doesn't lag, it's a great smartphone. However, the HTC One and it's screen, build quality and no lag not to mention the FRONT facing speakers has been calling my name ever since I made the switch. I'm not going back to the HTC one though and will continue to use the S4 for the time being because I can't return and it does have some pretty good features (Most are gimmicks that I don't use though and I don't dislike touch wiz like a lot of people seem too). The reason for this you ask? because there's a bigger version of the HTC One called the HTC One Max coming out to do battle with the Samsung Note 3 supposedly. If the build quality, screen and everything is built like the HTC One then that's when I'll be saying good bye to the S4. I realized that I want a bigger smartphone with great display and great sound and the HTC One Max feels like it will meet those needs otherwise I may look to the Note 3, MAYBE!