androidforum

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to know which one I should get. I was originally planning to get the S3, but now I'm considering the S4. Which one should I get?
I will mainly use the phone for YouTube and Instagram, and HD video playback. I don't really care about camera as I have a DSLR. The S4 is a bit out of my budget, but should I dish out the extra cash and get it? I heard most of the stuff on the S4 is going to come to the S3 in the 4.2.2 update. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

ashleystone

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Personally I prefer S4, bit larger screen but thinning and lighter...and quicker processor...I'm happy with it so far..
My cousin's S3 seems react slower opening an apps.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to know which one I should get. I was originally planning to get the S3, but now I'm considering the S4. Which one should I get?
I will mainly use the phone for YouTube and Instagram, and HD video playback. I don't really care about camera as I have a DSLR. The S4 is a bit out of my budget, but should I dish out the extra cash and get it? I heard most of the stuff on the S4 is going to come to the S3 in the 4.2.2 update. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

I would get the S3 as it is more budget friendly. HD play back is probably better looking on the S4. But unless you have used the S4 you won't know any better and the S3 display will still look great.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I went from the 3 to the 4 and i prefer the 4
The shape of the 4 fits nice in the hands. Screen amazing. But to be honest i always go for the newer model lol

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
You can't go wrong with either device. It boils down to whether or not you can afford the latest and greatest. If you can, go with the 4. If not, go with the 3 as you can get one dirt cheap these days. I can assure you you'll be happy with either device. :)

tap'n

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

I think you should go with the s4, it's still a fantastic phone.

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300

androidforum

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'll get the S4. It will probably be better as well since I'll get a better return when I sell it for my next phone!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'll get the S4. It will probably be better as well since I'll get a better return when I sell it for my next phone!

Exactly. The only reason to get an S3 now is if you're on a budget and really want to save some $$$. Don't get me wrong, the S3 is still a great device, but having owned both, I can definitely say it's worth the extra money to get the S4 if you can.

Karlzweb

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
If budget is not a concern, I would go with the S4. My wife has the S3, and there is a noticeable difference in the response between the two. Also, I tend to go with the most recent releases because I am buying a phone for the next 20 months. If I went S3, that would be a phone that was released almost 3 years before my next new phone.

Posted via Android Central App on my S4