Any way to change the "Data Usage Cycle" date range in Settings?

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
In settings under the first tab connections, there is the setting "Data Usage" that tracks how much data the phone has been using. My cycle right now is the 18th to the 17th of each month but I don't see a way where I can change this time frame. Anyone know how?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
In vanilla Android, all you have to do is touch the dates to change them--did you try that? I don't know if it's different in TouchWiz.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah u just choose change cycle

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371107459165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371107459165.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 70

jaxterz

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm with Telus in Canada. As you can see with my screen shot I don't have the change cycle option. This is my first month only since I had this phone but I would still believe this option would be available to me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1371134420550.jpg
    1371134420550.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 61

Edward Proxy

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Will your monthly phone bill be affected if the cycle is changed even if you have not exceeded it???PLEASE REPLY AS I DID THIS..AND MY PHONE BILL IS 4 DAYS AWAY???

Last edited:

Paul Teodorescu

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem and am also with Telus in Canada. If you haven't found the solution yet, i found that if i turned off both my mobile data and my wi-fi and then clicked on the cycle date the option to "Change Cycle" would appear. Hope this helps.

Vijayakrishnan S

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Enable Mobile data.
Exit the Data usage settings app.
Tap the spinner below the Set mobile data limit checkbox.
Tap Change cycle....
Change Date of each month (I prefer the first day of the month, 1)
Hit Set.
Undo Mobile data if necessary (e.g. if on Wi-Fi).

Daniel Garrett

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem, not sure exactly which step solved the problem, but I turned data on, turned my screen to landscape, clicked data usage data cycle, then then could scroll down on the drop down to the bottom were it gave me the option to change data cycle

Stephen Nael

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Will your monthly phone bill be affected if the cycle is changed even if you have not exceeded it???PLEASE REPLY AS I DID THIS..AND MY PHONE BILL IS 4 DAYS AWAY???

You have probably found this out by now, but changing the cycle dates on the phone, only changes what you see in your data usage. NOT what your bill goes off of. Contacting your carrier and switching bill dates and cycle dates is the only way to change that.

Shivam0913

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
You will get an option to change data usage cycle, if and only if you have turned on the data usage.

So first turn on data usage then go into data usage under settings you will find the option to change data usage cycle.:):)