Hey Guys, so i'm thinking of getting my Samsung Galaxy S4 over the next week or so, i have seen a deal in the Carphone Warehouse where the phone can be purchased for 499 unlocked here in the UK (compared to the 600 price tag). Do you guys think that's a good deal? anyway there are a couple of questions i forgot to ask the first time i posted on the forum.

1. What's the best advice you can give to someone who is jumping over from an iPhone 4S to the S4 in order to help get use to the phone?
    2. Is there a replacement on the S4 for the iCloud i was using on my iPhone?
    3. When you first get the phone do you need to charge it before turning it on and setting up?
    4. I've read some posts online that you are not to charge the S4 overnight due to over charging the battery is this true? i always charge my iPhone overnight while i sleep and it seems fine

Any advice you guys can give would be really helpful.
    06-13-2013 03:17 AM
    1. What's the best advice you can give to someone who is jumping over from an iPhone 4S to the S4 in order to help get use to the phone?

Disable Imessage..this is very important so you can receive texts

2. Is there a replacement on the S4 for the iCloud i was using on my iPhone?

Google Drive

3. When you first get the phone do you need to charge it before turning it on and setting up?

No most batteries come half charged

4. I've read some posts online that you are not to charge the S4 overnight due to over charging the battery is this true? i always charge my iPhone overnight while i sleep and it seems fine

They say not to do it but I have charged every device I have ever had over night. Even if the battery goes bad in 2 years you can simply buy a new one and swap it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    06-13-2013 03:53 AM
    Like DroidXcon said... And

1. Switching over from iPhone - be sure to turn over iMessage on your iPhone before you transfer your cell service to your new S4. Anyone you know who uses iPhone iMessage to text you will NOT be able to send you text if you don't. I've used iPhones from the day they came out all the way through the iPhone 5 and now have an S4. The switch is easy, anything you did on on the iPhone can be done on the S4, with the added benefit of being able to do much more.

2. iCloud - depends on what you used in iCloud services but in my case I used contacts, mail, calendar, reminders, photo stream and notes. All those can be done through google services. I use gmail for my calendar and contacts syncing, google keep for notes ( I also use Evernote ), google now for reminders, I don't use any photo streaming now ( no need for it really ) but google has it if you want it. As for transferring the data you have in iCloud services - I moves my stuff manually ( re-entered by hand ) into gmail contacts and calendar ) but there probably is an easier way. Same with notes but again there may be automated way to transfer, I just don't know of any.

3. Battery - yes it does come partially charged. I think mine had about 40% or so when I got my phone. The quick start guide does recommend that you charge it before use and I did but it is not totally necessary.

4. Charging overnight - that's what I do now with my S4 and have done with every phone I have ever had. It has never seemed to cause any problems.

Enjoy your new phone!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    06-13-2013 04:25 AM
    For 2 check out iSyncr. It syncs music, photos, and videos with iTunes and can sync over WiFi.

For 4 I really don't think charging overnight will hurt anything. I've done it with all my phones in the last decade with no issues and have no reason to think the S4 will be any different.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-14-2013 08:28 AM
    In addition to Google drive, there are tons of other cloud apps with free space and Android apps for the phone, including Cubby, Dropbox and Copy.com

Posted via Android Central App
    06-14-2013 09:54 AM
    Agreed on the overnight charging. There are days when my phone sits connected the entire day. No harm done

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    06-14-2013 10:20 AM