11-30-2013 09:19 PM
64 123
tools
    Is he talking about the drop sound on the lock screen? With the ripple effect?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    No. He's talking about the droplet sound that happens whenever you make a selection on the screen.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    06-16-2013 02:49 PM
    No, you have other choices. Root your phone and follow this thread http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...em-sounds.html
    You shouldn't have to root.

06-16-2013 02:50 PM
    You shouldn't have to root.

I said choice not requirement.
    06-16-2013 03:06 PM
    No. He's talking about the droplet sound that happens whenever you make a selection on the screen.

Oh yeah that...just turn it off I guess...I bet there is a way by replacing the file in the system folder
    I have mine off
    06-16-2013 03:12 PM
    The OP can always take the phone back. Or read/watch reviews before purchasing. The operating manuals have been in this forum almost from Day One.
    There is normally a 15 day window, if he has gone past that, he cannot take the phone back. As for reading and watching reviews before purchase, not a single one I have read or watched points out that the noise cannot be changed, or even mentions the droplet sound for that matter. I am sure the owners manual has been on the forum, but I am also sure it only tells you how to enable/disable the sound, not that it also cannot be changed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    06-16-2013 04:18 PM
    There is normally a 15 day window, if he has gone past that, he cannot take the phone back. As for reading and watching reviews before purchase, not a single one I have read or watched points out that the noise cannot be changed, or even mentions the droplet sound for that matter. I am sure the owners manual has been on the forum, but I am also sure it only tells you how to enable/disable the sound, not that it also cannot be changed.

I would try out the phone in a store first. I actually did get to use the S4 in a store, noticed the droplet sounds, and didn't like them, so had I wanted to buy the phone, I would have looked into changing the sound beforehand.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    06-16-2013 04:42 PM
    I would try out the phone in a store first. I actually did get to use the S4 in a store, noticed the droplet sounds, and didn't like them, so had I wanted to buy the phone, I would have looked into changing the sound beforehand.

That is true for you, and probably for a few others, but not for everyone. I'm just trying to point out that it is not irrational to be irritated by the inability to change the tone. Some people like haptic feedback without tone, some like haptic feedback with tone, and some like silence. On the s4 you can only have the tone and feedback, or nothing at all. For someone who prefers either of the first two options, it can be a pain to not be able to change the offending tone.

06-16-2013 04:47 PM
    That is true for you, and probably for a few others, but not for everyone. I'm just trying to point out that it is not irrational to be irritated by the inability to change the tone. Some people like haptic feedback without tone, some like haptic feedback with tone, and some like silence. On the s4 you can only have the tone and feedback, or nothing at all. For someone who prefers either of the two options, it can be a pain to not be able to change the offending tone.

Of course; I agree with that.

Jennifer Stough likes this.
    06-16-2013 04:48 PM
    I said choice not requirement.
    Its a requirement if you want to get rid of it.

06-16-2013 05:40 PM
    I personally am sickened by the large boxes that "design" the contacts windows. Orange and blue and they look like a very bad version of Windows 8. What were they thinking? Does anyone know a way to change those? I don't want to put photos - maybe just larger print - or some plain old white space - or - almost anything?
    06-16-2013 06:00 PM
    The droplet "pot", "pot" sounds is really annoying. Samsung for sure can do better than this.
    06-27-2013 12:45 AM
    Jennifer said:

"That is true for you, and probably for a few others, but not for everyone. I'm just trying to point out that it is not irrational to be irritated by the inability to change the tone. Some people like haptic feedback without tone, some like haptic feedback with tone, and some like silence. On the s4 you can only have the tone and feedback, or nothing at all. For someone who prefers either of the first two options, it can be a pain to not be able to change the offending tone."

Is this still true? I just got an S4, and the haptic feedback is driving me crazy with each bloop sound. I disabled haptic, and turned on the power management (with the haptic off option) but still all around the menu system each press gets a bloop/haptic and I was really hoping I could get the haptic to stop. Is there anyway to stop all haptic (keeping vibrate on ringing)?
    11-29-2013 10:26 PM
    Jennifer said:

"That is true for you, and probably for a few others, but not for everyone. I'm just trying to point out that it is not irrational to be irritated by the inability to change the tone. Some people like haptic feedback without tone, some like haptic feedback with tone, and some like silence. On the s4 you can only have the tone and feedback, or nothing at all. For someone who prefers either of the first two options, it can be a pain to not be able to change the offending tone."

Is this still true? I just got an S4, and the haptic feedback is driving me crazy with each bloop sound. I disabled haptic, and turned on the power management (with the haptic off option) but still all around the menu system each press gets a bloop/haptic and I was really hoping I could get the haptic to stop. Is there anyway to stop all haptic (keeping vibrate on ringing)?
    Setting>my device>sound then make sure touch sounds is disabled

Posted via Nexus 10 Android Central App
    11-30-2013 07:21 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I want the sounds just not the vibration. But the only way I've found so far to stop the haptic feedback is to turn off all sounds, then it stops. But I don't want to have no sound.
    11-30-2013 09:19 PM
64 123