Samsung Galaxy S4 - So my only choices are live with this awful sound theme or disable? or root?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: So my only choices are live with this awful sound theme or disable? or root?

All sounds on the phone are easily replaceable
Everyone who is having sound problems should download the app Zedge, or download sounds from your PC and save them on your SD Card. You can then change the sound currently on the phone to a new sound you downloaded...not too difficult

You can't change the sound he's talking about using zedge.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Luisconst

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: So my only choices are live with this awful sound theme or disable? or root?

One possible solution is choosing another dialer.
I use the exdialer. Try this one.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

How can you guys love a phone so much that you are willing to accept any garbage it forces on you? Droplet sounds when dialing or selecting an app (or a whole bunch of other functions). How is that OK?

I've never cared to participate in the Android vs iOS debate because I think the best answer is "different strokes for different folks" but I'm starting to think that some people find themselves so in love with a phone that they ignore terrible design choices that you can't disable.

Are you serious? (Unfortunately I'm taking the bait.) I'd rather hear droplets than be forced to use that pointless itunes software or be forced to pay $100 more for more storage or be forced to buy a battery pack (as opposed to an extra battery) when traveling or be forced to look at a puny 4 inch screen. The list goes on. Like you said - different strokes...

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Are you serious? (Unfortunately I'm taking the bait.) I'd rather hear droplets than be forced to use that pointless itunes software or be forced to pay $100 more for more storage or be forced to buy a battery pack (as opposed to an extra battery) when traveling or be forced to look at a puny 4 inch screen. The list goes on. Like you said - different strokes...

He is serious, and I think you're missing the point.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

How can you guys love a phone so much that you are willing to accept any garbage it forces on you? Droplet sounds when dialing or selecting an app (or a whole bunch of other functions). How is that OK?

I've never cared to participate in the Android vs iOS debate because I think the best answer is "different strokes for different folks" but I'm starting to think that some people find themselves so in love with a phone that they ignore terrible design choices that you can't disable.

The only answer for me (aside from exchanging the phone) is to root it. The hardware is beautiful but Samsung really filled this beautiful device with crap.

Sounds like you messed up. You should have bought a Nexus phone or waited for the upcoming S4 with stock Android. Research future purchases better before handing over your cash. There were plenty of reviews. Or visit a local carrier store and test it out. There's usually a two week window to take the phone back.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Who says they knew what sound the dialer made when they bought the phone? Or that they knew before buying it was unchangeable? They obviously WANT a noise or feedback. Just not the droplet sound.

The OP can always take the phone back. Or read/watch reviews before purchasing. The operating manuals have been in this forum almost from Day One.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Here's my question. When the OP heard the hideous, fingernail on chalkboard like droplet sound when he looked at the phone why didn't he ask the salesman if he could change it. I mqan he obviously thinks that sound is a deal breaker with the S4 so why would he accept it without asking a simple question. No guarantee he would have gotten and answer, let alone the right one, but that at least would generated a question to be researched. The OP wonders why so many people are on his case about this. It's because it is such a silly thing to complain about. He doesn't have to live with the sound he can turn it off. He is really saying I can't operate a phone with out feed back sounds. I can't fathom why he is surprised that he is being ridiculed.

BTW does anyone know how to change the home screen button. That black color is driving me crazy. Why Samsung wouldn't give you a home screen button color choice is beyond me. I'm thinking of taking the phone back. Stupid Samsung ;)

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
On an unrelated note, has anyone else realized how tinny sounds are with TouchWiz? My S4's external speaker when running CyanogenMod 10.1 sounded WAY better than it did running stock TouchWiz.

(Mentioned issue is only exclusive to Samsung devices running stock firmware.)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

You can't change the sound he's talking about using zedge.

Is he talking about the drop sound on the lock screen? With the ripple effect?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Is he talking about the drop sound on the lock screen? With the ripple effect?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!

No. He's talking about the droplet sound that happens whenever you make a selection on the screen.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

No. He's talking about the droplet sound that happens whenever you make a selection on the screen.

Oh yeah that...just turn it off I guess...I bet there is a way by replacing the file in the system folder
I have mine off

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

The OP can always take the phone back. Or read/watch reviews before purchasing. The operating manuals have been in this forum almost from Day One.

There is normally a 15 day window, if he has gone past that, he cannot take the phone back. As for reading and watching reviews before purchase, not a single one I have read or watched points out that the noise cannot be changed, or even mentions the droplet sound for that matter. I am sure the owners manual has been on the forum, but I am also sure it only tells you how to enable/disable the sound, not that it also cannot be changed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

There is normally a 15 day window, if he has gone past that, he cannot take the phone back. As for reading and watching reviews before purchase, not a single one I have read or watched points out that the noise cannot be changed, or even mentions the droplet sound for that matter. I am sure the owners manual has been on the forum, but I am also sure it only tells you how to enable/disable the sound, not that it also cannot be changed.

I would try out the phone in a store first. I actually did get to use the S4 in a store, noticed the droplet sounds, and didn't like them, so had I wanted to buy the phone, I would have looked into changing the sound beforehand.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I would try out the phone in a store first. I actually did get to use the S4 in a store, noticed the droplet sounds, and didn't like them, so had I wanted to buy the phone, I would have looked into changing the sound beforehand.

That is true for you, and probably for a few others, but not for everyone. I'm just trying to point out that it is not irrational to be irritated by the inability to change the tone. Some people like haptic feedback without tone, some like haptic feedback with tone, and some like silence. On the s4 you can only have the tone and feedback, or nothing at all. For someone who prefers either of the first two options, it can be a pain to not be able to change the offending tone.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

That is true for you, and probably for a few others, but not for everyone. I'm just trying to point out that it is not irrational to be irritated by the inability to change the tone. Some people like haptic feedback without tone, some like haptic feedback with tone, and some like silence. On the s4 you can only have the tone and feedback, or nothing at all. For someone who prefers either of the two options, it can be a pain to not be able to change the offending tone.

Of course; I agree with that.

droidlouise

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

I personally am sickened by the large boxes that "design" the contacts windows. Orange and blue and they look like a very bad version of Windows 8. What were they thinking? Does anyone know a way to change those? I don't want to put photos - maybe just larger print - or some plain old white space - or - almost anything?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae