06-17-2013 06:46 AM
55 123
tools
    Me too - just bought the S4 - I need to sync my e-mail to my home pc e-mail which is aol (yes probably should uses something else but - not at this time) anyway I want to be able to sync to save duplicate efforts. I read a post that said have e-mails forwarded to a g mail account and that will solve the sync issue. If so - when I send a e-mail what shows the reciepient- the g mail account name or the aol account name. I am not having any issue with receiving e-mails, sending etc - just want to eliminate duplicate efforts. Otherwise so far so good.
    06-15-2013 06:23 AM
    Congrats Dave! Let your battery discharge to 1% then charge it. I have exceptional battery time with the S4. I have never experienced any lag with this device, and I've had a S3 (good device too), and a HTC Vivid. The Vivid was very laggy, so I know what it is. I don't have the animation on with the weather widget. I use SwiftKey, because I like the arrow keys. I have a Aduro case (thin) with a screen protector, and I also use ear buds as a courtesy, as I don't like hearing other people's music or conversations. I've tried all the Touchwiz stuff, some of it is cool, and some you can live without. You will love the camera after you have learned It's features. There is a lot a to learn about Android! I wouldn't root your phone until the warranty is up, and by then you will know the do's and don't about the OS and device. Lots of info on Android Central, and the people here are very knowledgeable and helpful! Enjoy the experience!

Posted via Android Central App
    06-15-2013 08:06 AM
    Congrats Dave! Let your battery discharge to 1% then charge it. I have exceptional battery time with the S4. I have never experienced any lag with this device, and I've had a S3 (good device too), and a HTC Vivid. The Vivid was very laggy, so I know what it is. I don't have the animation on with the weather widget. I use SwiftKey, because I like the arrow keys. I have a Aduro case (thin) with a screen protector, and I also use ear buds as a courtesy, as I don't like hearing other people's music or conversations. I've tried all the Touchwiz stuff, some of it is cool, and some you can live without. You will love the camera after you have learned It's features. There is a lot a to learn about Android! I wouldn't root your phone until the warranty is up, and by then you will know the do's and don't about the OS and device. Lots of info on Android Central, and the people here are very knowledgeable and helpful! Enjoy the experience!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thank you :-) i have noticed that my battery life has increased since the first day i got it (Thursday). I was a little worried that it drained really fast, today i currently have 80% battery life having charged my phone overnight and took it off charge at 9am this morning. "Currently at 6g 1m 50s on battery" i have wifi turned on and most of the feature are turned on as well. I have turned GPS and location services turned off. I have heard a few people on the forum mention lag but i haven't (yet) had any. I don't intend to root my S4 i like it the way it is at the moment. The only thing i'm hoping for is a bit better battery life. If not when i got back to uni (after the summer) i will by an extra battery. By the way i'm in the UK thats why i seem to be posting at weird times LOL.
    06-15-2013 09:12 AM
    "Then an extra option shows up under more options in settings called developer options. "

When I go to Settings | More | there is no Developer Options there.

I have a Verizon version that is not rooted could that be the problem?

Thanks
    I too have the Verizon version, and I was able to access Developer Options with no problem by following those instructions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-15-2013 03:31 PM
    I too have the Verizon version, and I was able to access Developer Options with no problem by following those instructions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yeah I finally got it.
    I had to slowed down my 7 taps.
    So I unchecked the 3 animation options.
    Didn't really see much in respect to increased battery but will continue to monitor.

Thanks
    06-17-2013 06:46 AM
55 123