Very pleased with new firmware upgrade

zazazi

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Got the new firmware upgrade today and I'm very pleased with it. It has addressed very important issues. Most important to me was the camera problems: terrible lag, black screen and automatic reboot.....all is gone and I do have now an excellent functioning camera. Also no more purple smearing on black background and of course moving applications to external sd card. This is my first android phone after years of iPhone an I'm more than happy with making this move especially with this firmware upgrade.

Aggie PT

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Got the new firmware upgrade today and I'm very pleased with it. It has addressed very important issues. Most important to me was the camera problems: terrible lag, black screen and automatic reboot.....all is gone and I do have now an excellent functioning camera. Also no more purple smearing on black background and of course moving applications to external sd card. This is my first android phone after years of iPhone an I'm more than happy with making this move especially with this firmware upgrade.

So is the shutter faster now? Does it is on have that slight delay when taking a picture?

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you are on AT&T or use a Canadian i337M you can check out the Goldeneye ROM over at XDA-Developers,the dev iB4STiD has created something awesome based off of the I9505 ROM using the latest ROM update. Read on through thread and enjoy the latest.

zazazi

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I live in Dubai and have the international model.
The improvement to the camera is unbelievable...no lag at all with all functions. I take a lot of pictures and that was a big disappointment but not anymore.
Now I can say that I've an excellent phone.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone sorry if this sounds like a silly question but are you getting these updates from setting/more/about device/ and the software update from the device itself? Or are getting it from a website?

Thanks

kitersin

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I am in Australia and purchased my handset outright (so not through a carrier/telco). Both mine and my partner's handsets received the update automatically this morning. The camera is definitely improved. It was the only part of the S4 I was unhappy with (coming from an iPhone 5).

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the international version and I have yet to receive this! The camera was the biggest thing for me so I cannot wait to get this update

zazazi

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone sorry if this sounds like a silly question but are you getting these updates from setting/more/about device/ and the software update from the device itself? Or are getting it from a website?

Thanks

Yes but in my case I got a message that OTA for that day is not available and I was instructed to upgrade with Kies

vp_ortiz

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I live in Dubai and have the international model.
The improvement to the camera is unbelievable...no lag at all with all functions. I take a lot of pictures and that was a big disappointment but not anymore.
Now I can say that I've an excellent phone.

Yep in Dubai too and I've got the update yesterday. Camera is much faster IMO

Aggie PT

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
That's great to hear about the camera. Hopefully that means there is no lag when the picture takes now.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response zazazi hopefully it'll come soon, I often search for updates on the device itself, I go to settings/more/about device. It always says I'm up todate. Any word on when its coming to North America?

Ashwani_M

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I got my second update for my s4 yesterday and now I can move my apps to SD card.. Yes you heard it right.. Apps can be moved to SD card now. I m in INDIA