I also have an asus infinity which is loaded but lags.

In addition to turning animations down to 0 (which greatly helps) on developer options, I have limited to processes running to 4 (saw a guy recommend this)- that alone made a WORLD of difference.

gonna try it on my s4.... and see if it has same great affect

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    06-13-2013 09:51 PM
    I also have an asus infinity which is loaded but lags.

In addition to turning animations down to 0 (which greatly helps) on developer options, I have limited to processes running to 4 (saw a guy recommend this)- that alone made a WORLD of difference.

gonna try it on my s4.... and see if it has same great affect

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Cool! Thanks for sharing!
    06-13-2013 10:54 PM
    So,

Interesting find.

I put limit to 4 on processes in development options. And the one thing I noticed was the big/standard weather time widget on home screen had to reload every time I exited an app. Could this standard widget be sucking all of our resources?

So I deleted that big widget and seems much better lag improvement. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    06-14-2013 07:49 AM
    Seeing huge difference. Just put on standard digital clock widget without the weather (was aesthetically pleasing and will be missed) but I believe this sucker was THE resource hog on my s4. Even went back to SwiftKey which I had to abort because of lag. Flying as I type this. No lag anymore. Woohoo

weblou likes this.
    06-14-2013 07:55 AM
    I remember when I had the Evo and Evo 3D. That weather widget NEVER EVER updated. Even if I told it to sync the weather, the widget would never update.
    I don't really get lag on my S4 cause I have nova launcher, but I will say I do miss the weather/clock widget. It is the first phone I have ever had that actually updated the weather wherever I go.
    06-14-2013 07:56 AM
    I cannot believe the difference on my Verizon s4. Insane. Typing was my biggest issue. Not worth that pretty widget.

06-14-2013 08:08 AM
    Maybe that's why i was one of the guys that claims no lag... turned off animation and removed that widget the same second i got the phone
    06-14-2013 09:15 AM
    That's right! Explains why some have it and some don't. That widget is a "problem app"

Love this phone now. Was gonna go back to note 2...hahaha

06-14-2013 09:33 AM
    So based on suggestions here I disabled the Weather Widget plus I changed the processed to 4. I ran my usually game, which is Temple Run 2, to test out on lag bc typically I get lag and stutters that send me to my death. Well the results are out. The lag is gone. I'm not exactly sure what the implications are for disabling the Weather Widget app if there are any. I use HD widget and weatherbug elite for my weather apps. My typing doesn't lag and my scrolling on homescreen doesn't lag anymore. The wonders of an android. Only on an android can you disable the stock weather app and use another to substitute. Loving it!

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    06-14-2013 11:05 AM
    Don't have the s4 but I do have the Asus Infinity and it has been driving me crazy. I will try this when I get home and hopefully it works! Thanks.

And if this is the cause of all the s4 lag complaints, it is amazing it hasn't been identified before. Good job.
    06-14-2013 11:20 AM
    I have my process limit to default again. Only changed it to diagnose the problem. Simply the weather widget alone was the culprit... For me

06-14-2013 12:58 PM
    However. For my Asus infinity the process to 4 was a godsend

06-14-2013 12:58 PM
    My Asus Infinity was no fun anymore to use, the lag was horrible, I needed to reset to factory and turned off animations on Developer options and simply removed the Asus Weather widget and it's flying now and it has been a week of pure pleasure, ahh, and battery life is is GREAT.

On my GS4 I have never experienced any Lag, or what I call Lag, I have disabled the S Voice from the Home Button and turned off the animations also, but I still have my Weather Widget, BUT, I turned off the option that says "Animation effect".
    06-14-2013 01:21 PM
    Got some more questions... Wanted to clarify.

Simply remove the widget from your home screen. Don't need to uninstal it.

06-14-2013 02:16 PM
    Would limiting the processes also improve battery life?
    06-14-2013 05:35 PM
    I guess it's not really the weather app maybe its just the settings of it? I mean it could be set to refresh everytime you go back to the homescreen. Anyway, when i got my s3, i removed it anyway, didnt look that pretty.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-14-2013 07:38 PM
    Would limiting the processes also improve battery life?
    Well my "guess" it would make battery life worse since the Android O.S. has to load apps into RAM before use.
    just my thoughts.
    06-14-2013 08:26 PM
    For me it WAS just the widget running. Had it on most conservative settings. For me out was not a setting issue

06-14-2013 09:16 PM