06-17-2013 02:10 PM
42 12
tools
    I couldn't get more then 4 hours screen on time on my One but on my S4 I'm getting around 6 hours of heavy use easily !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Well it's the other way around for others. Why not accept both reports?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    06-14-2013 10:24 PM
    I just switched from iphone 4s to Note 2. I love the big screen but iPhone 4s is still better. I can go into detail but the main point is... the Apple OS is just more user friendly, easier, less glitchy and it just works. Android... nah.. too many little things that aren't really that intuitive and just straight up annoying.
    06-14-2013 11:56 PM
    Dude I have no idea what ur talking about. Explain a bit more.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.
    I have no idea what he's talking about either.
    Someone posts LOL in reply to your post. You ask why, and this guy calls you a Samsung Fanboy.
    I'm just amazed at how much aggression is exchanged between HTC users and Samsung users. :shakehead:
    06-15-2013 01:07 AM
    Everyone has a personal preference for phones, guys. Lets keep it civil and mature. You have all been doing a good job in this discussion so far. No need to ruin all the fun :P

I personally have not gotten the chance to go hands on with the newest flagships and it drives me crazy. I am itching to get a hold of them both. My husband has a note 2 however. It is a very solid device, and will continue to hold it's own, even once it's a predecessor. It's a powerhouse with it's specs, and the battery is a godsend. If only it had 1080p resolution.
    06-15-2013 01:28 AM
    The Note 2 excels in all the characteristics you are looking for, in my opinion. I have one, and I absolutely love it. It's very reliable, versatile, fast and fun. The screen is amazing.. To me, anyway. I am an artist, and this is everything I need it to be... Porfolio, sketchpad, camera, networking with people, jotting down ideas... Everything. It's really wonderful.

Whatever you choose though, good luck and enjoy!! :-) at the end of the day, you are the one who needs to be happy with the device. No one wants to get stuck with a phone that isn't enjoyable. Happy shopping :-)

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!!!!
    06-15-2013 01:37 AM
    Hi OP here,
    I ended up with the One. I really was having trouble making up my mind, hence the question, but when Amazon had a 1 day special for $99.00 for the One, I let price be the deciding factor. Went to Best Buy and they price matched the Amazon deal. Have been playing with it for a few hours now and really like it so far. Doesn't have the screen size and bright bold colors of the G4 and Note, but the UI is really nice so far. Bonus, the music sounds GREAT on the One, something I didn't get to really test in the store. So far, happy overall!
    Ah, I had suggested something but I see you made your choice. Good one too. Glad you're enjoying it!!! Couldn't really go wrong with any of the three though :-) all are great devices.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!!!!
    06-15-2013 01:49 AM
    Someone posts LOL in reply to your post. You ask why, and this guy calls you a Samsung Fanboy.
    I'm just amazed at how much aggression is exchanged between HTC users and Samsung users. :shakehead:
    I think you misunderstand, that guy called the person who said "LOL" a fanboy.

orion575 likes this.
    06-15-2013 07:47 AM
    Samsung fanboy. Someone mentioned something that was better on the HTC One than S4.

It's not the first time they've done it.
    Sorry. Wrong person.

06-15-2013 08:09 AM
    Also have to say I own both the one and s4 and def get better screen time on my one

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours
    Topgonzo likes this.
    06-15-2013 08:17 AM
    The guy that posted LOL is the Fanboy, not him. StoleMyName mentioned somethings where better on the One than the S4, a guy LOLed him.

Sorry. Wrong person.

No problemo.
    06-15-2013 08:18 AM
    Also have to say I own both the one and s4 and def get better screen time on my one

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours
    I own the one and wife owns a s4.. I definitely seem to get better screen time but it's very close..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-15-2013 08:40 AM
    I currently have the HTC One and am debating swapping for the S4. There are features of both phones I like and don't like. The lag on the camera is a bit annoying on the S4 but significantly better than on the S2 I used to have.

How is the bluetooth on the S4? I had issues with the BT on the S2 and am not sure if it was an Android issue, hardware, or implementation. The HTC One connects to the car without an issue and functions exactly as expected. The S2 would lose the connection with the car and the only way to get it back was to delete the phone and re-add it. If the ipod was connected through BT to the car the phone would not connect. The HTC one connects no problem and is remembered. If the ipod is connected and the phone rings the ipod pauses and the phone rings through the car. This is exactly the performance I expect.

How is the BT performance on the S4?

I played with the S4 today and was surprised how much of a difference the .3" of screen made. The phone I was using had no lag and I made sure everything was turned on. However there was also no carrier bloatware on it. Now before someone tells me to get the Google Edition it is not worth the extra money over the One to me.
    06-15-2013 03:53 PM
    I currently have the HTC One and am debating swapping for the S4. There are features of both phones I like and don't like. The lag on the camera is a bit annoying on the S4 but significantly better than on the S2 I used to have.

How is the bluetooth on the S4? I had issues with the BT on the S2 and am not sure if it was an Android issue, hardware, or implementation. The HTC One connects to the car without an issue and functions exactly as expected. The S2 would lose the connection with the car and the only way to get it back was to delete the phone and re-add it. If the ipod was connected through BT to the car the phone would not connect. The HTC one connects no problem and is remembered. If the ipod is connected and the phone rings the ipod pauses and the phone rings through the car. This is exactly the performance I expect.

How is the BT performance on the S4?

I played with the S4 today and was surprised how much of a difference the .3" of screen made. The phone I was using had no lag and I made sure everything was turned on. However there was also no carrier bloatware on it. Now before someone tells me to get the Google Edition it is not worth the extra money over the One to me.
    I'd recommend getting the S4 without returning the One. Play with the S4 for a little, and if you prefer it, return the One. If not, just return the S4.

AMG_Roadster likes this.
    06-15-2013 04:11 PM
    I've owned all three and ultimately decided the note 2 is the best fit for me. Here's what I've posted in other threads. Take from it what you will.
    S4:
    I was really looking forward to the s4. I'll get straight to the point here. Its built nicely. Who cares if it's plastic it still feels very nice in the hand and is very slim. The camera is nice. The layout of the camera settings is nice. There's a lot of cool features such as the option to create gifs and the option to erase objects out of photos. The benchmark scores were amazing. But that doesn't matter in everyday use. The display looks very nice. Very sharp. The battery life is decent. Its not the best but it's acceptable. The speaker quality was decent. Nothing to get excited about but not the worst either. The ui is where this phone just fails. It stutters quite often. This is why I gave up on this phone. Sure you can change your rom or just change your launcher. But isn't that kind of why you're buying the s4? All of the extra features? I changed the launcher, the rom, disabled all the extras. Samsung should have given me a discount or paid me for my time to try and make the phone function without lagging or stuttering. You shouldn't have to work so hard to make your phone work like it should to begin with, isn't that why you're paying so much money. Would you accept the same problems if you were paying 600$ for a laptop? Or a tablet? Then why settle for it in a phone?
    Htc one:
    This phone looks Sexy. You first pick it up and the feel of that cool aluminum in your hand is nice. I went through three of these phones. Every single phone it was build quality issues and every single phones speaker crackled and the phones got too hot. All of the units I got had the same problems. The ui was fluid and worked nicely. The capacitive touch buttons didn't always work correctly. I also found that occasionally the screen didn't always recognize my presses either. The screen is beautiful. A little on the small side but still looks nice. Battery life is mediocre. Camera takes nice pictures and zoe is really cool. Who cares about megapixels. I've seen poster sized pictures taken with the One and they looked great. The interface takes a little practice and time to get used to. Especially if you're coming from touchwiz. All of the ones I had got too hot. I think the aluminum body contributes quite a bit to that. The metal feels good when cool but miserable when hot. This is just my experience with this phone. I am not saying that I think all of them will have these problems just that this is what I came across and it's something to look out for if you're considering buying it.
    Note 2:
    Love the build. Sure it's plastic. But the entire front of the phone is flush. No running your finger across the top edge of the screen when you check the notifications like the one. The speaker isn't the greatest. But it is still loud enough and works as it should. The screen looks great. Sure it's 720p instead of 1080p. But with screens this small does it matter? It may not be super sharp like the one but you won't notice in everyday use. Its just my opinion but the larger screen size more than makes up for the resolution. I have large hands and long thumbs and I can type almost 80 wpm with this phone. You'll also appreciate that larger screen when you play a game or watch a video. Battery life is absolutely amazing. I can seriously go almost two days without charging. I love not having to worry about my phone dying. I don't know how but touchwiz works flawlessly on this phone. No stutter. No lag. Camera quality is great. Take a picture with the s4 and a picture with the note 2 and they're pretty much identical. Except you can get a wider shot with the note 2.

I really like all three phones. The one looks nice, fluid ui, cool camera features but not the best picture resolution. The s4 has a nice screen, cool features like smart scroll and gestures, very nice camera. The note 2 has the spen, large screen, fluid ui, long battery life and also a nice camera.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    msndrstood likes this.
    06-15-2013 04:36 PM
    Hi All,
    I have an old HTC Evo 4g and am due for an upgrade. I have researched and narrowed my choices down to these 3 phones. I really cannot decide, as I like/dislike features on each. I am looking for anyone with hands on experience. The issues I am looking for more info on are regarding 1) battery life, 2) smoothness when going through screens and apps, and 3) speed on web browsing. Is this last one more the carrier than the phone? I use the basics - phone calls, some texting, and a few games. Like to tinker to some degree, but don't want an encyclopedia of instructions to get around on the phone. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
    Looking at your requirements I would suggest the note 2. The larger screen comes in very handy when browsing the Web. The battery life is the best out of the three and it's very smooth. I think it actually is smoother than the one. Out of these three phones I had the note 2 first then went to the other phones and I have to say I always missed the note 2. After having a screen this size I can never go back to a smaller phone. But this is just my preference. Get one in your hands and use it and you'll see what I mean. And I thought I wouldn't really use the Spen much but I actually love using it now. Its definitely fun to kill some time sketching and editing photos. If you're artistic you will love it too.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    06-15-2013 04:44 PM
    HTC ONE
    06-15-2013 10:44 PM
    I'd recommend getting the S4 without returning the One. Play with the S4 for a little, and if you prefer it, return the One. If not, just return the S4.

Thanks for that advice. I dismissed your suggestion at first but the more I thought about it the better the idea sounded. I will have plenty of time with both devices with which to make my decision. So this week I will go grab the S4 and start comparing.

I don't know about anyone else but in the past it was pretty much a no brainer for me on which phone best fit my needs. Now it is getting tougher.
    return_0 likes this.
    06-17-2013 02:10 PM
42 12