Hey all,

As the title states I just joined the android world. I can say I am very happy with the switch but I do have some questions. I have a MacBook Pro as my computer and am having issues syncing my music and transferring some files.

Samsung Kies seems to work but Android File Transfer keeps saying "Could not connect to device" (I've restarted the device a few times and still get the same warning, also double twist won't even recognize my phone.

Lastly, where can I make it so my pictures, videos, and music get saved to my SD card and do not use the phone storage.

Appreciate any help!
    Dan
    Calidoc and Omer San Gabriel like this.
    06-14-2013 03:33 PM
    Hey all,

As the title states I just joined the android world. I can say I am very happy with the switch but I do have some questions. I have a MacBook Pro as my computer and am having issues syncing my music and transferring some files.

Samsung Kies seems to work but Android File Transfer keeps saying "Could not connect to device" (I've restarted the device a few times and still get the same warning, also double twist won't even recognize my phone.

Lastly, where can I make it so my pictures, videos, and music get saved to my SD card and do not use the phone storage.

Appreciate any help!
    Dan
    If you want to use Android File Transfer application instead of Samsung Kies you will have to uninstall Kies. Android File Transfer will not recognize your phone while Kies is installed. Open the dmg download file for Kies and use the uninstaller it came with, android file transfer will work then. I also use a Mac and went through this same issue.

As for saving files to sd card rather than internal memory, open camera app, go into settings and you will find the option to save to sd card. I assume the same is true for music but I have not had an occasion to do that so maybe someone else can offer a tip on that.

Hope you enjoy your new phone, I also came from an iPhone world and am loving the S4.
    06-14-2013 03:44 PM
    Hey Martinez, I also switched from iPhone to s4 and had quite the time trying to get Android File Transfer to work (same problem as you). I found out you have to uninstall Kies to get AFT to work for some reason. As soon as i uninstalled Kies and restarted I was able to use AFT.

As for your second question, once you get AFT working you just put all your movies/music whatever onto the SD card. You will see it in the file manger once AFT works. As for pictures you take with your phone i think there are settings on the camera app that let you choose where to store them. Good luck!
    06-14-2013 03:46 PM
    same here just switched from iphone 5 to s4 and i really love it! i got bored at iphone 5 and this phone is such a challenge for me! hihihi
    06-14-2013 03:49 PM
    Hey Martinez, I also switched from iPhone to s4 and had quite the time trying to get Android File Transfer to work (same problem as you). I found out you have to uninstall Kies to get AFT to work for some reason. As soon as i uninstalled Kies and restarted I was able to use AFT.

As for your second question, once you get AFT working you just put all your movies/music whatever onto the SD card. You will see it in the file manger once AFT works. As for pictures you take with your phone i think there are settings on the camera app that let you choose where to store them. Good luck!
    Thank you both. Honestly that is probably my issue with my iPhone, I was getting bored with it. Will attempt this and hope it works...do you guys have a preference for Kies vs AFT?
    06-14-2013 03:56 PM
    Thank you both. Honestly that is probably my issue with my iPhone, I was getting bored with it. Will attempt this and hope it works...do you guys have a preference for Kies vs AFT?
    Android file transfer gets my vote, works much better
    06-14-2013 05:10 PM
    Welcome to the android world. )

Posted via Android Central App
    06-14-2013 07:41 PM
    People seem to forget to recommend AirDroid, a powerful and versatile free app that can do this and dozens of more things through the universal tool of a browser.
    06-14-2013 10:09 PM