S4 Stand by battery drain

thegronz

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

My S4 drains a lot of battery on stand by. I didn't have this problem before.

Does anyone know what drains battery on stand by?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

My S4 drains a lot of battery on stand by. I didn't have this problem before.

Does anyone know what drains battery on stand by?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

First off...let's see screenshots of your battery status. Most active apps and the graph of your drain.

BioHazardousX

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Obviously, not the OP, but having the same issue. Here are my screenshots. To explain when I charged it, I restarted the phone first, and it was acting fine with battery life. I haven't run any apps of really any kind, sent a couple text messages is about all I've done today. When I put it on the charger after restarting it, it was at about 65%, and got it up to 85%. Acted fine for several hours with battery life, then just started to tank for no apparent reason. Been doing this for about a week. I should also note, the screen has been on for less than 30 minutes total during that 15 hours, so it doesn't seem real at all that the screen is 27% of my battery usage.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-18-21-34-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-18-21-34-58.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2013-06-18-21-35-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-18-21-35-42.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 13

jgaurav6

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I think its due to the background apps which have permissions to open at startup. My battery is normally 100 percent when I sleep. I close every single thong including wifi mobile data air gestures and every app but the next morning it reaches 65 percent. What do I do?

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it really has a lot to do with cellular reception. When I'm at work I don't use my phone other than on my lunch break. While sitting in my pocket it'll drop maybe 1-2 percent an hour. Meanwhile when I'm home and its just laying on my table next to my couch or next to my bed it'll drop quite fast, more like 5 percent an hour. At work It bounces back and forth between medium to strong 3g and 4g, at home it's getting very weak 3g, sometimes it even just shows 1x. I use wifi at home, but have wifi set to sleep when the screen is off and not charging.

BioHazardousX

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I've tried different variables, like turning off GPS, turning off Bluetooth, disabling apps, uninstalling apps. I've been doing them one at a time to see if anything changes. Nothing changes it except restarting the phone. Then it randomly just starts to tank with battery life. You can see from the screenshot that when it started to tank, the screen wasn't on for a long time, so it's not like I got on my phone and started something up. It started to tank when it was idle. Also my phone has been in my house all day since I work from home, and I get solid 4g pretty much without question. So it's not fluctating signal strength. My phone was awesome when I first got it. It's only in the last week that this started. If I leave my phone unplugged at night, it'll go from 95% to 30% by the time I get up, just sitting there idle, not being used. When I first got the phone, it'd lose 6-10% over night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC