Nova launcher question

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to android and I am considering trying nova launcher. My question is, if I install it and later decide to uninstall, do I get my homescreen back as it is now or do I have to re-customize it?
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Terb

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
When I revert back to default, everything has stayed the same.

Posted via Android Central App Using My Galaxy S4

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The default launcher configurations should not change. you can also keep Nova and switch back to default by going into App Management, select Nova, and then select the Clear Default button. Nova has settings to reinitialize the launcher so that Nova is default again and you can save the Nova config also as a backup.

... composed by my imaginary construct for you.

firedoug

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Yep, you can switch back and forth all you want, while you experiment. I have found Nova to be outstanding choice. I sped up all the options via Nova and add tons of extra features, that make the phone very nice. I highly recommend it!

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all. I did install and ended up buying it if nothing else for resizing widgets and notification numbers on icons like gmail. Lots of customizations to play with.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all. I did install and ended up buying it if nothing else for resizing widgets and notification numbers on icons like gmail. Lots of customizations to play with.

You may want to look at an app called home switcher. Just an easy way to jump back and forth from stock launcher and Nova or any other's you may decide to try out.

dave25A

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm also new to Android (got my S4 Thursday) i have a couple of questions about launchers

1. How do i install one from the Play Store? do i just download?
2. Do they effect battery life?
3. I have seen ones based on TV shows, Big Bang Theory, Saints Row game, are they ok to download and use?

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm also new to Android (got my S4 Thursday) i have a couple of questions about launchers

3. I have seen ones based on TV shows, Big Bang Theory, Saints Row game, are they ok to download and use?

1. Yes, you pretty much download them right from the Play Store (Nova, Apex and such).
2. I don't really focus on the battery life, unless the launcher requires some sort of connectivity, then I don't think any of the major launchers affect your battery life much.
3. Those are some themes that you could try out, you just need to search around and try the themes that you like for a particular launcher.

Do a little bit of research. I'm sure you can find someone who already has the set up that you might be interested in.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
FYI if you have more then one home screen it will affect your battery slightly. Rule of thumb Is delete all the widgets.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi.. Im fairly new to Android, had my S4 for nearly a month. I use Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher and sslauncher.

I got all my information from here Beautiful Android Themes, Wallpapers, and Homescreens. There is a youtube channel too. MyColorScreen - YouTube.

There are loads of video tutorials and info.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to Android, both of you!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi.. Im fairly new to Android, had my S4 for nearly a month. I use Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher and sslauncher.

I got all my information from here Beautiful Android Themes, Wallpapers, and Homescreens. There is a youtube channel too. MyColorScreen - YouTube.

There are loads of video tutorials and info.

Hope this helps.

r2t said it best. I would just stick to what you can find on Play. Nova, ADW, Apex and GO are among the most popular launchers downloaded.

firedoug

May 3, 2013
Visit site
After running nova launcher for about a week and a half, I could never go back. I love how it speeds up the OS. I have my animation and page redraws turned up to faster than light, it sacrifices a bit of the animation but screen switching is unbelievably fast.

I am also using multiple doc pages which I couldn't live without now, makes getting those most commonly used apps very fast. I'm also using the swipe up from bottom to access Google now. The ability to customize every small detail with this launcher is priceless. Well worth the four bucks.

zazazi

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I installed Tesla Unread but can't get the gmail or indeed any other notification numbers on icons..am I missing somethong?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

1. Covered already, download in Play Store
2. The launcher in and of itself doesn't necessarily affect the battery, but *some* elements of *some* launchers could, i.e. certain widgets, live wallpapers, etc. I currently run Nova on all my devices, and haven't noticed any affect on performance or battery.
3. They may be "OK" (though I honestly don't know), but I imagine a lot of them are more gimmicky than anything else, and may even remove some functionality compared to the better-known or stock launchers.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
2. The launcher in and of itself doesn't necessarily affect the battery, but *some* elements of *some* launchers could, i.e. certain widgets, live wallpapers, etc. I currently run Nova on all my devices, and haven't noticed any affect on performance or battery.
To elaborate a little, the way I understand it these launchers run instead of the default launcher, not "along side" or "on top" of the default launcher. So if you run Nova then you'll only be running Nova, you won't have both TouchWiz and Nova running simultaneously. That's why it will depend more on what features/widges you have running than it will what launcher you use.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
To elaborate a little, the way I understand it these launchers run instead of the default launcher, not "along side" or "on top" of the default launcher. So if you run Nova then you'll only be running Nova, you won't have both TouchWiz and Nova running simultaneously. That's why it will depend more on what features/widges you have running than it will what launcher you use.

Exactly...ANY launcher loaded with data-intensive widgets or animated graphics or simply poorly coded could cause poor battery life, but launchers don't inherently consume more battery just by being there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12