Unlocking lag Galaxy S4

tinroqui

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! This is my first post. So I'm writting cause I bought my Galaxy S4 almost a month ago, and recently I came to notice that I have a lag when unlocking the phone after it's been locked for like 10 seconds or more. What I mean is that this doesn't happen if I lock it and unlock it instantly. If it's been locked for a few seconds it happens. Me and my OCD also measured the time, it takes 1,5 seconds for the screen to turn on after pressing either the home button or the power button.
Anyway, I wanted to know if any of you has the same problem or has noticed the same.

PD: I have no launcher ,no air gesture nor anything that could possibly explain the lag. Also I made a wipe data/factory reset and still the same. :-\

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! This is my first post. So I'm writting cause I bought my Galaxy S4 almost a month ago, and recently I came to notice that I have a lag when unlocking the phone after it's been locked for like 10 seconds or more. What I mean is that this doesn't happen if I lock it and unlock it instantly. If it's been locked for a few seconds it happens. Me and my OCD also measured the time, it takes 1,5 seconds for the screen to turn on after pressing either the home button or the power button.
Anyway, I wanted to know if any of you has the same problem or has noticed the same.

PD: I have no launcher ,no air gesture nor anything that could possibly explain the lag. Also I made a wipe data/factory reset and still the same. :-\

You're saying you have no launcher like that could be the problem. That's actually your solution, it would solve most of your lag.

GS4 Love

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any security (password, pin, etc)?
Is the animation feature turned on? Like a light when swiping to open?

tinroqui

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes the animations feature is turned on, but again, this didn't happen when I just bought the phone and I had the animation feature back then. I repeat, what bothers the most is that ******* 1,5s lag after it's been locked for a little time.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about pressing the power button to turn off the phone and turning it back on really quickly?
This happened with my old phones as well. I don't think that's an S4 issue if I'm getting your issue right.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
He is talking about how long it takes for the lock screen to display when he taps on home or power when the screen is off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Ross Ferganator

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
mine is the same it lags really badly when texting to the point of frustration......it will stop half way through writing a text like it is frozen and then all of a sudden it takes of after you have tried to make adjustment to the message then one has to delete half the bloody text to set it right
unlocking is an issue... as is the camera
would i recomened anybody to buy one ...no i would not :(

trwrt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you buy a new, big SD card for it? Maybe it unmounts it when it goes into deep sleep and has to remount it when it wakes up. This is a wild-*** guess, BTW, so please don't yell at me if it's nonsense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci