Contacts list problem

velijana

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Last week my S4 contacts app began to hang, after tapping it shows black field and thinks about 7-8 seconds before list appears. The same if I tap on contact to see details. This problem is periodical, not permanent. Cannot find out the reason. Can Anybody help? I've cleared the device from cache and junk. Didnot help.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

velijana

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thats simple to do. What if i want to use default app :) there MUST BE reason why it began to behave this way :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What contacts are loaded, make sure it only loads your Gmail contacts and not your Facebook and other contacts

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!

velijana

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
So I found out the reason at least and want to share. It was the fault of VIBER! Since I uninstalled the viber, default contacts app works perfectly. I havenot reinstalled another version of viber yet to see if this problem appear again.

David Mag

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.
Going to uninstall Viber, but I really need this app. Which version did you have?
Thanks,
David

Just installed new Viber and problem's gone... so far.

Last edited:

velijana

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just remember that it was not last version of viber, older one. Is yours the last ver.? Which works good in your device now...

Indon Novo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I also had that problem. Mine even worse. I have to wait 30 s or more just to open it. And even have to wait more after tapped a contact. I am not installed viber. Just Skype, WhatsApp, KakaoTalk and Line for my messaging apps. Do you guys have any idea on how to fix this problem? Thanks

I'm using Nova Launcher and still face the problem

velijana

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
After uninstalling viber I dont have this problem for 2 months, I'm using nova and next launcher, as contacts app rocket dialer with contacts, sometimes stock contacts app, both of them. Go sms for messaging.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc