Alright, I have reviewed the forums, I have reviewed all the reviews and today for fatherday I gave myself a gift with the Frau's approval. I ordered an unlocked Samsung S4 i9505. I should have it in my hands by the end of the week.

So being an apple family with multiple iPhones, two Apple TV's, multiple iPads, and a macbook what do I need to do to prepare myself to migrate my daily driver over to Android. I use my phone with evernote, iSmoothrun, email, "awesomeNote" all for work. Then I of course use the internet, check facebook, twitter, and flipboard.

My current phone is a US version iPhone 4 with a vodafone Deutschland SIM in it. Everything I have is in the apple eco-system but I have agreed to give myself the next year to make the change and to then potentially start transfering the rest of the family when we move back from Germany to the states and everyone else gets new cell phone contracts.

Any links or suggestions are appreciated and I will read them. I know that I have to get my videos, music, and start recording all of my apps that are used in the next few days moved or identified.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.
    06-16-2013 01:55 PM
    Actually welcome to the light (side).

Posted via Android Central App
    06-16-2013 02:22 PM
    I don't consider myself an expert to give guides so I just Google'd it for you.

How to Switch from iPhone to Android | The Ultimate Guide | Digital Trends

I love android but I'm also a Mac user. I have the new 27" iMac, 2 Apple TV 3's and will be getting the new iPad mini Retina this Fall.

If you invested in iTunes (like I do) you will no longer have access to you Protected Purchases (Movies & TV Shows).
    06-16-2013 02:34 PM
    Wasn't there an app that allows the iTunes songs to be transferred over to the DROID phones?
    06-16-2013 02:47 PM
    There are apps that will remove the DRM off your itunes movies.
    06-16-2013 02:53 PM
    Bembel thanks, other than music I should be in good shape. I will have to confiscate the wife's Mac as I haven't used anything other than my phone or my iPad for the last 2 years to deal with music. Also I hate that I will lose some movies but that is what the iPad is for anyway.

Madlaw appreciate the welcome and the dark side for me is a good thing. I went to the iPhone when everyone I knew was running primarily with blackberries, now my family and everyone is Apple and I will toe into Android. Glad to finally get more control of my phone. The walled garden of apple had created a bit of claustrophobia for me.

Please bare with me guys as there will be even more questions coming once my phone arrives.
    06-16-2013 03:12 PM