Samsung Galaxy S4 NFC pairing with other devices (ie. speakers etc)

snakemeister

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Ive looked everywhere and cannot find any info on this so figured I would start a new topic. I have tried countless number of times trying to use NFC to connect my GS4 to the Sony NFC speakers (SRS-BTV5, SRS-BTM8, SRSBTX300B), as well as the Beats NFC speakers (the big ones not the pill), and it will not pick it up at all. Nothing pops up on screen for the Sonys, and when I try the Beats ones my GS4 goes to an all black background with only the mini taskbar at the top with the Time widget on screen and does nothing... it instantly goes back to normal when i remove it form the NFC tag on the speakers. I have tried this with 2 different GS4s and the same results. Its not the speakers as I have tested them all with both the GS3 and the Nexus as an alternative, and they both worked with zero issues. Any one have any similar issues? As a side note Ive succesfully completed NFC connection and transfer of a song via s-beam between two android devices with this S4 so the NFC appears to be working but not working with all these "other" devices like speakers. If anyone has any info on this please let me know it would be greatly appreciated :)

snakemeister

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
shameless bump... really need help with this guys... want to know if its just the two phones i tried that arent working or if this is a common problem with the S4

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
My S4 works with my new Sony SRS-BTX500 wireless speaker.

With the speaker powered off, the phone will turn the speaker on and play music. Another tap of the phone phone and it will turn off.

These are not short taps. Takes a few seconds for NFC communication.

John

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance