06-19-2013 08:05 AM
78 1234
tools
    I think he was kidding. But you are right, although I dislike Apple for their business practices the iPhone is a remarkable electronic device. Android has surpassed it and I would never own an iPhone again (had one a few years back) but it isn't a POS. But on the subject of marketing failures: Remember the Segway, it was going to revolutionize transportation forever.
    What business practices would that be ???
    06-18-2013 07:39 AM
    Here we go with the "advertising, plain and simple" excuse. Do a little research and look at failed massive advertising campaigns. All the advertising in the world is not going to make a POS a best seller.

Edit: BTW what did you choose?
    I see HTC One advertisements on TV almost nightly. The public sees these ads just as it sees the S4 ads. The HTC One is no mystery to the masses. Plus, the HTC One is available in the same stores as the S4, with the exception of Verizon, which means the HTC One is available for customers to check out in person as well as the S4.
    If advertising was the deciding factor in consumer purchase decisions, we'd all have an iPhone, since Apple has the biggest marketing budget and the best ads.
    But we here with android don't have iPhone's do we?
    So much for advertising, plain and simple.
    tohio likes this.
    06-18-2013 08:46 AM
    What business practices would that be ???
    All of them.
    06-18-2013 08:48 AM
    Simple. They made a choice and it.. Was the S4. Can't really guess people's reasons.. Some could say they thought the S in the S4 looked cool..

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Maybe a poll could be sent out to the 10 million who bought the S4 and the 1.2 million who got the One to find out why they made their choices.
    06-18-2013 08:52 AM
    Maybe a poll could be sent out to the 10 million who bought the S4 and the 1.2 million who got the One to find out why they made their choices.
    We could send a poll but then you have to guess again for the options on it. Good thought though.

06-18-2013 09:43 AM
    All of them.
    Do you mean the ones where Apple receives awards from JD Associates for customer satisfaction for both smart phones and tablets ? Or are you talking about how one out of every $40 in corporate taxes was paid by Apple ? Or maybe it's how employees on the assembly lines making Apple products get paid twice as much as the ones working on the Dell or HP lines ? Come on man you brought it up.
    06-18-2013 10:22 AM
    Here we go with the "advertising, plain and simple" excuse. Do a little research and look at failed massive advertising campaigns. All the advertising in the world is not going to make a POS a best seller.

Edit: BTW what did you choose?
    Haha true. But the Galaxy S phones are great devices. With a great campaign and good word of mouth behind them, it's not brainer that sales have skyrocketed.

And I'm now rocking my Stealth Black HTC One I'm very lucky to have had the chance to make sure it's the right choice for me #firstworldproblems
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    06-18-2013 11:25 AM
    Do you mean the ones where Apple receives awards from JD Associates for customer satisfaction for both smart phones and tablets ? Or are you talking about how one out of every $40 in corporate taxes was paid by Apple ? Or maybe it's how employees on the assembly lines making Apple products get paid twice as much as the ones working on the Dell or HP lines ? Come on man you brought it up.
    I answered the way I did because I knew you just wanted to argue. Find someone else to argue with, I'm not interested.
    06-18-2013 11:27 AM
    I answered the way I did because I knew you just wanted to argue. Find someone else to argue with, I'm not interested.
    Not try to argue buddy, but I do try to stop FUD...
    06-18-2013 11:34 AM
    I think they are really close and not every person is better suited for a particular one.

I picked the One because:

-I really don't care for TouchWiz and friends of mine didn't like the AirWave, eye tracking, etc. nor did I think those would be appealing to me
    -Having owned phones and devices with replaceable battery and SD slot, I knew I wouldn't use either of those capabilities and could get the One with 2x as much storage for $50 less
    -I was coming from a smaller device so both phones seemed massive to me, so screen size wasn't a consideration
    -Didn't care for the plastic or overall look of the phone
    -I take low light pictures almost exclusively, so the MP advantage of S4 didn't come into play
    -I love BoomSound/Beats audio
    -I had seen CNET tests where the marginal difference in processor speeds didn't even measure differently, not that I think I'd ever push either phone to its processing limit

It's easy to see how a different user might like some of the things that either didn't matter to me or were a turnoff for me.
    Topgonzo and ffejjj like this.
    06-18-2013 12:01 PM
    I think they are really close and not every person is better suited for a particular one.

I picked the One because:

-I really don't care for TouchWiz and friends of mine didn't like the AirWave, eye tracking, etc. nor did I think those would be appealing to me
    -Having owned phones and devices with replaceable battery and SD slot, I knew I wouldn't use either of those capabilities and could get the One with 2x as much storage for $50 less
    -I was coming from a smaller device so both phones seemed massive to me, so screen size wasn't a consideration
    -Didn't care for the plastic or overall look of the phone
    -I take low light pictures almost exclusively, so the MP advantage of S4 didn't come into play
    -I love BoomSound/Beats audio

It's easy to see how a different user might like some of the things that either didn't matter to me or were a turnoff for me.
    Here we go again. Did you read the OP? He doesn't want to know why anyone picked the One over the S4.
    06-18-2013 12:05 PM
    This debate is still happening? Really? Respect to the people who are just posting the facts which less "aggressive" opinions. They're both really good phones, and one isn't so much better than the other that the other ends up looking bad. It's just a matter of preference.
    06-18-2013 01:03 PM
    Ouch, burn.
    06-18-2013 01:49 PM
    Samsungers would simply reply with "Baa Baaa".

Where did you get your figures from ? (Not trying to dispute them, just curious about the 1.2 million on the HTC One).
    06-18-2013 04:32 PM
    Ouch, burn.
    Guess is a burn if the facts are anywhere near accurate

1. The s4 actually Sold way less than the 10 mil that was projected

2. The HTC One actually sold 5 million.

Regardless the sales numbers for htc is above the expectations of HTC and the numbers continue to be disappointing for the s4

http://m.intomobile.com/2013/06/07/g...ock-takes-hit/

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-18-2013 04:40 PM

1. The s4 actually Sold way less than the 10 mil that was projected

2. The HTC One actually sold 5 million.

Regardless the sales numbers for htc is above the expectations of HTC and the numbers continue to be disappointing for the s4

Galaxy S4 Sales Slow, Samsung Stock Takes a Hit - IntoMobile

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Please advise your sources for your claims. No one disputes Samsung sold 10 million units there is only talk of selling less units in the future than previously predicted. As to HTC there are no sources to confirm 5 million sold only an anonymous one that the company refused to confirm.
    06-18-2013 07:12 PM
    You might choose the S4...if you are on Verizon! Such was my dilemma.
    06-18-2013 07:23 PM
    For me, the s4 is simply a livelier experience. A year from now I'll still be discovering new things to engage in. I liked the One, but kept wondering where the beef was. Even the ring tone selections were bare bone and kinda boring. I loved the speakers and the camera features, but kept waiting for a wow factor, and it never came.

The s4 was everything I was looking for in an upgrade. Absolutely packed with extras. I didn't have to raid the play store just to keep the phone interesting.
    orion575 likes this.
    06-18-2013 07:25 PM
    Please advise your sources for your claims.
    Actually on second thought, don't. The sales figures have nothing to do with the OP's question about what might make someone choose the S4 over the One. This doesn't have to be another one of those threads.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    06-18-2013 07:25 PM
    This doesn't have to be another one of those threads.
    At some point the measuring stick's always come out unfortunately
    06-18-2013 07:39 PM
    Here we go again. Did you read the OP? He doesn't want to know why anyone picked the One over the S4.
    Seems like the reasons given could easily be construed as "why to get the S4." It's basically "if this, then that." In my case, that meant HTC one. For OP, that might mean S4 and if so I hope that means I helped him/her pick the right phone.
    06-18-2013 08:22 PM
    More powerful. More features. Best screen on a smartphone

Posted via Android Central App
    06-18-2013 08:33 PM
    MY PHONE IS BEETER THAN ALL OF URS KK THX BAI.

cckgz4 likes this.
    06-18-2013 10:10 PM
    MY PHONE IS BEETER THAN ALL OF URS KK THX BAI.

Say's one troll to the other troll's, pointed out by this troll and read by many trolls
    06-18-2013 10:17 PM
    My take on it is this:
    If you have to have a removable battery and/or sd slot, OR you take all of your pictures in well lit areas, the S4 is awesome. How about the S4 is awesome anyway? It is a great device.
    I come from a background of tons of phones, however I've had the most Samsungs. Go back to the Omnia, and that's the first WP smartphone I owned. Samsung has always made a good phone whether or not it was for you is a different story. Even before the Omnia I had a flip phone they made. I don't count the flip phone though, as it's a different class of device.
    Every Samsung device I've owned I've liked. They're not bad. Also, they're not amazing. All of the things Samsung touts as "innovative" I've never used. Smart stay, for example, is a resounding no among most people. They pack in as much as they can that most will never care about. They're cool selling points and after the sale is made those features are nonsensical. As far as I'm concerned, that's ok. At least they're trying stupid features that may possibly catch on.
    Smart scroll? No I have a thumb for that. I want the page to scroll when I want it to scroll. I also have no desire to wave my hands around the device as if I'm performing an act of magic. If I'm reading a book on my phone, which I really wouldn't ever do, I don't care if one of my digits has to touch the screen in order to turn the page. If anyone around me sees me waving my arms in the air they may think there is a swarm of locusts coming or something and be alarmed!
    All joking aside, we all know a lot of the features they offer won't get used. It's not that they're bad or don't work. Without people like these, we'll never get anywhere technologically. Someone has to implement features we won't use in order for us to see that we won't use them. That's an important space whether or not we would like to see it or not. Samsung does a great job with each phone they bring out, silly features or not.
    I, personally, chose my HTC One for the photo highlights. I'm a father with a very young daughter. The highlights are a big deal to me. It's a means for me to share cool stuff with our family without me having to edit things or really do anything at all. I chose my phone based on one feature alone, and I'm happy with my decision. Just because I chose the HTC One does NOT mean the S4 is a bad device. I would never EVER say that. The camera is nice, internals are solid and it doesn't look stupid. S4 is a great phone. I miss my Note 2 every day because Samsung makes such a quality product.
    Please guys, please quit the stupid flaming. They're all good phones these days. The S4 is second to none based on YOUR NEEDS. The HTC One is second to none based on mine. You really can't compare both of them on the same level, you just can't. They offer different things that people are looking for, and that's the BEST OUTCOME! Everyone gets to win!
    These threads need to go. There is no better right now, only different. It's a fantastic time to be an Android user. Everything we want is right here, we just have to make the right choice in the carrier store!
    Here's a better alternative to these type of threads:
    I'm going to buy a new phone, I need x, y and z features. Which phone is right for me?
    This avoids all the bashing, comparisons and general silliness.
    Food for thought:
    The guy at work sitting next to me with his S4 and me with my HTC One have never tried to compare phones. We just show each other cool apps and pictures and move along. Why do we continue to have this conversation here in forums full of smartphone experts? Each of us is a smartphone expert, start acting like one.
    06-18-2013 11:25 PM
78 1234